1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-weekly TT challenge and follow-up Race

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gillish, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Runelink2

Runelink2 New Member

Just managed to beat ramsaysg, I'm sure he can do an even faster lap :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You alien guys… sheesh

Thanks for organising this @Gillish. I’m not much of a hotlapper, but it’s good to have a fun community event, and the idea of using it as practice for a race is great. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

[​IMG] New TT running until the 24th of september

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  4. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

Joining us on discord just makes it easier for us. And i post the top 10 results on the discord aswell. So your free to join our discord even if you don't join in all the time. But posting your name and time here is enough to.

5. uelas77

uelas77 Member

1:32:642 - Default setup 20210916153939_1.jpg

6. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

Results: (as only two people made it too the top 10 i took the results outside the top 10 as well)
    [​IMG]

7. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

New TT:[​IMG]

8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any tips to hold it between the white lines especially on the crests? The tail seems to be overtaking my front too often :(
    I'm trying to be as smooth with inputs as possible (both steering and pedals) with exception of attempts of catching the backend. Somehow I cannot keep it on track to even make a valid lap, even at reasonably slow pace. I can guide it through VERY gently, but obviously the time would be in about a minute off of what it should be :whistle: so I'm pushing a little. And by "little" I really mean it.
    It's a fun combo, both car and track are great, but it's frustrating at the same time trying to make a valid lap.
    Any hints would be much appreciated.
    --UPDATE--
    It must have been something to do with the setup (which I've not changed but it was showing as custom in results). I've reset it back to defaults and car was still tail happy and handful, but now it's possible to recover.
    Just did 1:37.840 and there's still some space for improvement, but it's not a hopeless attempt anymore!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  9. Runelink2

Runelink2 New Member

I have a recording of the 1:34 I did, maybe you can use it as a reference. I'm throwing the car around quite a lot and am pretty far away from being smooth, but it seems to be pretty quick this way.

• Like Like x 3
  10. stealthradek

Holy smoke! This car is really handful in this video. You can go on throttle much earlier than me and still be able to control it on corner exits. Impressive! And thanks for sharing.
    I think I have a chance to shave off maybe 0.5s when I get all sectors right, but what you did is insane :)

I've noticed that the car goes when the nose is pointing - drifting seems to be a lot quicker than understeer, but there comes consistency to make the whole lap - perhaps I should just send it and eventually... :cool:

11. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

What helped for me was small counter steers and when you feel it go tap the brake lightly to stabalise the car.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stealthradek

1:37.299 - quite happy with that lap - definitely better pace today. Best on default setup - it's about small wins, isn't it? ;)

[​IMG]

And congrats to @NoThrottleControl, our new PadMaister™ :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  13. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

[​IMG] Tonight will be the second BSKIT TT races with the trainer advanced and the caterham superlights. lobby wil be started around: 20:00-CEST/19:00-BST/18:00-GMT.

14. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

Results
    [​IMG]

16. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

TT#34
    [​IMG]