1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it does. Have you purchased any other tracks before?

2. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nailed it! :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Race ready screen. You can type but the chat isn't showing. Confirmed this when I saw what I wrote right after on track.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

Great update but have some issues with the performance settings.
    Fps limiting does not work no more for me, use triplle 1440 screen and normaly i limit it to 100 or but now its always at max no matter wat the settings are , my fans are screamingand after 10 min i feel like i sit in a sauna
    Was already like this in the previous update but i could use windowed mode on 60 hz, now it doesn't matter witch mode i use .
    Annyone else who has this???
    edit Sorry but fullscreen seems to work at 60 hz this time, hope the restart the game for changing these settings wil be looked at in the future
    edit ok only seems to work in the menu when i start driving its back to 144 and afterwards in the menu also 144 very anoying

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not just Monza, we're receiving 4 new tracks with a total of 7 layouts (if I'm counting right)

6. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah. That's it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Monza looks great! A.I. though are a mess there, but im sure this will be patched up pretty quick. Love the new UI details and real weather wind aswell

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ivd100

ivd100 New Member

Am I the only one for whom this update has broken the game? Crashes just as it is about to finish setting up a session. Spent all day yesterday tweaking settings to optimise VR:(
    UPDATE
    Verified integrity of game files in Steam, something got downloaded and game working now. Although VR performance has regressed. Back to tweaking.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

right front tyre always shows as red on the session main menĂ¹, with every car.
    also, big performance issues as well for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ivd100

ivd100 New Member

Verified integrity of game files in Steam, something got downloaded and game working now. Although VR performance has regressed. Back to tweaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. baker048

baker048 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely fantastic job on the Monza track keep it up very very happy with it thank

12. Surrexen

Surrexen New Member

Awesome job on Monza, but one thing missing is Lesmo 2 grandstand on 1991 version. I hope the missing grandstand can be added later as it looks a bit strange without it, especially since that grandstand is there in the 1971 version.

• Informative Informative x 6
  13. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

From Racing Circuits.info:
    The 1994 season forced further changes on many circuits in wake of the death of Ayrton Senna; Monza was no different. The second Lesmo curve was tightened, reducing speed considerably, while the following year further changes were made to increase safety at key spots. Curva Grande was re-aligned, with its new radius some 12 metres further to the inside than previously, greatly enlarging the run-off area on the outside. Della Roggia's chicane was also brought further forward in the lap by some 50 metres, while the two Lesmo Curves were realigned, some 15 metres further inside the circuit perimeter, similarly providing enhanced escape areas. Sadly, these changes also involved the demolition of the Lesmo grandstands, removing a fantastic viewing spot once and for all.

Perhaps the grandstand should still be there in 1991.......

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Another great update.

Question, Will I get Monza if i buy the premium track pack?

Ive bought the base game and the Pt1 racing usa pack but no other tracks. I cant afford the full season pass at the moment so hoping if i bought the track pack Monza will come with it.

15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes

16. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

Old Monza with the oval? Of course the first thing I'd do is take the F-Ultimate cars there, and I loved it.
    Honestly, way better than any mod renditions I've seen in other sims, it's gorgeous and exiting, and the banking feels usable instead of a bumpfest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update. I don't hold Monza as the holy grail of simracing but I have to admit the AMS2 version is really beautifully done. The 10K historic versions are absolutely phenomenal.

More important to me is that the AI changes are really profound. I've done quite a few quick races with various classes on various tracks and the improvements are so welcome. That erratic AI weaving is basically gone, as is the stupid side by side for lap after lap behaviour. They don't drive on the grass up straights for no reason. Best of all , I don't have to spend my entire time worried about being passed up the inside on the grass or kerbs and PITed, or passed on the outside through corners with the AI holding impossible grip, or taken out by an AI who can brake way deeper into corners than me. AI still hit the player from time to time but no longer try to drive through them.

There are still a few problem AI spots on a few tracks I've tried, but they don't seem to be related to systemic AI flaws. And there are of course still a few problematic AI classes. Even with the reduced 70-100% difficulty, at 94% the P1 AI are absolutely insane and have 50hp over the player, for instance.

Thanks Renato et al

• Like Like x 5
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

If only Reiza could fix the bad shadow shimmer this would be amazing, until then its shadows off or overcast to remove the ugly shimmer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really excited to hear about those AI improvements as single player is all I do.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Wow what an update. AI is even better than before (admittedly I never had some of the issues others have mentioned) and after a few stock car and F10 races, I've found myself bumping the AI back up and feel that it really is matching my own skill level. Really enjoying f10 around Adelaide

I was hoping there would be a BOP for the GTE cars as im over the lackluster sound inside the M8.

• Like Like x 1