1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Did you buy it? It's a pay DLC.

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or driving there with the Punto :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I guess we're not going to get it while Reiza remain - again - silent about it. Which has become a bit of an annoying habit, sadly.
    I can't imagine it'd be that time-consuming to drop an "not gonna come, sorry folks, but it's gonna be even bigger next time" instead of letting people wait for no reason.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tom H321

Tom H321 New Member

Oh my bad ... , didn’t realise it was a DLC, suprised I can play it in online then without purchasing. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That was changed earlier this year. You can join MP DLC tracks without owning it (only the host needs to own it) but not cars as everyone needs to own that.
    You can also join the default championships containing DLC content I believe, but without owning the tracks you can't be a host or race them offline outside of the default championships.

6. kendoslow

kendoslow New Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless you guys have a time machine it's the beginning of October, Reiza are amongst the most communicative devs around, I'm sure when they have something to say they will let us know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Probably not time consuming, but why would they want to give you something more to complain about?
    Reiza communicate well, and have been updating the game multiple times each month for the last couple of years, so please keep some perspective. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious why the small patch is 100mb for some people but was only 50mb for me? Have noticed at times patches are bigger or smaller for different people.

9. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Steam update UI / UX flow can be a bit odd, I believe with this particular update it showed me both numbers in different parts of the process :D

10. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Friend first is not a criticism ok? second that she published the September development more than a month ago, I just asked a simple question, when will reiza publish the October development and if it's delayed, the November one.
    No need to be annoyed by this ok? I know you can't say anything that might seem negative as people like you want to question, relax ok?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Friend first is not a criticism ok? second that she published the September development more than a month ago, I just asked a simple question, when will reiza publish the October development and if it's delayed, the November one.
    No need to be annoyed by this ok? I know that here you can't say anything that seems negative that people like you want to question, relax ok?

12. Dicra

See, this post is a shining example of how not to respond to anything. Assuming things about the other, missing the point purposefully and then shifting the goalpost. Well done, this is an exemplary "how to internet 2021" - but a waste of time addition to this thread.

Every single sentence here is a different level of diarrhea.

Your first sentence was literally: Assuming that I'm looking for something to complain about when I've just raised a reasonable point about Reiza's communication when things don't go to plan, and have actually defended the game several times. Then, assuming that I would complain about more communication from Reiza - what the ****, why would I?! Then assuming that not communicating is a tactic from theirs to keep people from getting annoyed, when clearly the opposite is the case, and was the point of my post.

"Reiza communicate well" - do they? Most of the time, yes. I pointed out where they don't, so why not just focus on that instead of shushing away point A with point Y.

Then, they have given us updates on the game? Yeah, what has that to do with the lack of communication on the development update for this and several previous months? It's nice they update their game, it also is completely unrelated to the fact that they said something about a "monthly development update" and they keep people waiting for it even when they already know it's not going to work out (I reiterate: I don't care we don't get an update; I care that we're kept waiting for it.).

Man, seriously. Keep some perspective? How about you stop writing passive-aggressive bull**** to reasonable concerns and, instead of trying to shut down criticism just because it's criticism, think about what someone says and whether there's actual merit in it?

• Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

A few reminders:
    • Yes a few months have been skipped this year
    • Last update changed the pattern so it’s about the current/upcoming month
    • Last time they did say ”see you again next month”, but no idea when
    • They are targetting a complementary update this week which by my logic could mean dev update next week earliest

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

wp8073704.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Dicra

@farcar That, by the way, is how a reasonable, constructive answer looks.

I specifically asked Renato last time whether the pattern change meant that the dev updates were going to be later, to which he said that this wasn't in the plans - and as there hasn't been a dev update later than 5th of given month, I don't think we're going to get one. But, well, let's wait and see. After all, I don't know whether the update's still going to come this month. I just think it'd be nice to know in advance if it doesn't.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Which pack have you bought?

Have you tried a steam files verification?

17. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From my admittedly limited experience of Reiza, whenever they are quiet, it means they are flat out on development/updates. I'd take this as a good sign, not a bad one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

OK, I am arranging for your Steam account to not get any future AMS 2 updates until corresponding change logs are officially published :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I think you mean both sentences. I only wrote 2 :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2