1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Carmine Carpentiero

Carmine Carpentiero New Member

hi guys do you have any parameters for ts-pc? I would like to try various file cases, which ones do you recommend? and with what values?

2. radi0n

radi0n New Member

Which of all the versions listed here is best for the G29?

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stakanov's tuned version.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Eric Seip

Eric Seip New Member

Yea I gotcha. I am on Min settings all around. GPU doesn't get pushed to 100% either. This is just to get a break from console (aka F12020) racing and get a taste for PC racing until I can (if things return to normal) afford to buy a new PC. So not looking to get the most out of the game and just mixing it up with a few AI cars or just putting in laps to fill the void that awful console racing leaves behind.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm far from home and I can't try ... during my break, I ate an ice cream too fast/velocity and I started sobbing (I'm greedy :D) ... I don't know why but I remembered the jolts on the parabolic curve of Monza (10k) that continue to remain despite using different custom files (with some more, with others less but the anomalous jolt is there) ... my head remains fixed on the speed parameter, that is, I remember well how the jolts (the abnormal ones) took place mainly with cars that exceed above 250 km / h ... if I am not mistaken and if I remember correctly below this speed the jolt remains but is within the tolerance limit and/or clipping (if so it would be all right).

I come home in 3 hours and I can't test but looking at the file on my office pc I notice these groups of lines of code:

(d 0.3)
    (damping2 (* (min 1 (/ kmh 250)) 1500 d))
    (all (- all (* damping2 (- sa_delta_rack (smooth sa_delta_rack 0.005)))))

Can anyone try to set this 250 to 300 to test the jolt ??? o_O
    (I remember that on the parobolica the jolt must stay because it is so in reality but obviously not in this way which is well above the clipping limit).

EDIT: NO THE PROBLEM IS STILL HERE AFTHER 250Km ... WITH 300 NO CHANGE AND WITH (d 0.5) IDEM ONLY A LITTLE LESS PRONUNCED ... :(:(:(

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  6. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

^^ Will do checking now....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Stakanov

Thanks @Peter Stefani ;) ... tested now with a friends but seem IS STILL HERE ... i edited now the post above:(:(:(

I can't understand what it could be .... it seems like a speed-related feature or effect ... this effect gets excited as you go faster on the parabolic curve and at most then creates a strong repeated peak with relative clipping (looks like a super micro_bump) !!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I tried also with values of 300, 399, and 99. But no differences felt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

wich is best file for csl dd? what in game ffb settings? thx

10. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Page 1, Post 2 has all the files in one zip file. As FFB is a very personal thing, try each one, and play with settings to see which one you like the best. Experiment, experiment, experiment. Time consuming, I know, but it will be worth it. What one person likes, isn't necessarily what you will like.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Look at the previous page.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit _ Post removed

13. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Posting this here in case it helps any CSL DD owners:

The file that works best IMO is Kuku’s delta x v2 tune.

My In game settings:

Gain: 75-80
    LFB: 1-5 depending on preference
    Fx: 35
    Damping (power steering effect): 40 (lower values = higher peak cornering force)

Link to Kuku’s file: Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you very much for your opinion :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stakanov

@Karsten Hvidberg, @Shadak, @Panos Schoino, @Kuku Maddog, @Peter Stefani and anyone else......

If I didn't catch a crab, after testing all night, I found the origin of the anomalous jumps that occur on the parabolic curve of Monza 1971 (10K) ... going back in time with the various custom files, the first that did not fully highlight the problem of the jump with abundant clipping it was the "EASTER Fuctor" file .... so I went to the last file of Karsten 4.6 Fix (which we have to fix) and I disabled all the lines of code added or different from the 'EASTER .... one by one, I tried to re-enable them all by doing a quick test on the dish each time ... well I found the mother function that generates the repeated jump and clipping problem:

#(grip_fl (- 1 slip_fl2))
    #(grip_fr (- 1 slip_fr2))
    #(grip_rl (- 1 slip_rl2))
    #(grip_rr (- 1 slip_rr2))

If you disable the above functions in your file by inserting the # symbol in front and go for a ride on Monza you can find that the anomaly is gone!!! :whistle:

OBVIOUSLY THE STEERING WILL BE VERY UGLY AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO TEST THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE PEAKS AND CLIPPING ;) ... AND THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE THIS CODE IS RECALLED IN OTHER LINES BELOW FURTHER FUNCTIONS ... I WILL TEXT THEM ONE BY ONE WITH THE SAME PRINCIPLE AND I HOPE TO FIND A SOLUTION ... BUT I HAVE ALREADY IDENTIFIED THE ITEM, IT SEEMS TO ME TO BE IMPORTANT!!!!

In a short time I will also tell you the below lines of code or the under-fuction that create problems..... :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. Stakanov

The rest of the code related to the parent function indicated above is this ....

In helper vars & prep
    ############################################################

(l1 (* slip_fl slip_crossover_line1_slope))
    (l2 (* (if (min 0 slip_fl) -1 1) (+ slip_crossover_line2_start_y (* (abs slip_fl) (- slip_crossover_line2_end_y slip_crossover_line2_start_y)))))
    (b (/ 1 (+ 1 (power e (* 7 (- (/ (- slip_fl p) w) 0.5))))))
    (slip_fl2 (+ (* l1 b) (* l2 (- 1 b))))
    (l1 (* slip_fr slip_crossover_line1_slope))
    (l2 (* (if (min 0 slip_fr) -1 1) (+ slip_crossover_line2_start_y (* (abs slip_fr) (- slip_crossover_line2_end_y slip_crossover_line2_start_y)))))
    (b (/ 1 (+ 1 (power e (* 7 (- (/ (- slip_fr p) w) 0.5))))))
    (slip_fr2 (+ (* l1 b) (* l2 (- 1 b))))
    (l1 (* slip_rl slip_crossover_line1_slope))
    (l2 (* (if (min 0 slip_rl) -1 1) (+ slip_crossover_line2_start_y (* (abs slip_rl) (- slip_crossover_line2_end_y slip_crossover_line2_start_y)))))
    (b (/ 1 (+ 1 (power e (* 7 (- (/ (- slip_rl p) w) 0.5))))))
    (slip_rl2 (+ (* l1 b) (* l2 (- 1 b))))
    (l1 (* slip_rr slip_crossover_line1_slope))
    (l2 (* (if (min 0 slip_rr) -1 1) (+ slip_crossover_line2_start_y (* (abs slip_rr) (- slip_crossover_line2_end_y slip_crossover_line2_start_y)))))
    (b (/ 1 (+ 1 (power e (* 7 (- (/ (- slip_rr p) w) 0.5))))))
    (slip_rr2 (+ (* l1 b) (* l2 (- 1 b))))

(slip_fl2 (min 1 slip_fl2))
    (slip_fr2 (min 1 slip_fr2))
    (slip_rl2 (min 1 slip_rl2))
    (slip_rr2 (min 1 slip_rr2))

(slip_fl2 (smooth slip_fl2 0.01))
    (slip_fr2 (smooth slip_fr2 0.01))
    (slip_rl2 (smooth slip_rl2 0.01))
    (slip_rr2 (smooth slip_rr2 0.01))
    (rel_weight_relaxed_FL (min rel_weight_relaxed_FL (blend (power grip_fl 1.2) 1 rel_weight_relaxed_FL)))
    (rel_weight_relaxed_FR (min rel_weight_relaxed_FR (blend (power grip_fr 1.2) 1 rel_weight_relaxed_FR)))
    (grip_feel_rear (min 1 (/ (+ (* grip_rl rel_weight_FL) (* grip_rr rel_weight_FR)) (max 0.0001 (+ rel_weight_FL rel_weight_FR)))))
    (grip_feel_front (min 1 (/ (+ (* grip_fl rel_weight_FL) (* grip_fr rel_weight_FR)) (max 0.0001 (+ rel_weight_FL rel_weight_FR)))))
    (grip_l (max 0 (- grip_fl (* rear_grip_loss_feel (- 1 grip_rl)))))
    (grip_r (max 0 (- grip_fr (* rear_grip_loss_feel (- 1 grip_rr)))))

In Momentum Rack ..........
    ############################################################
    (travel_l (- travel_l (* grip_fl 0.00015 (+ (* front_drive_torque_feel (min 0 FL_long)) (* (/ kmh 100) rear_drive_torque_feel (min 0 (- RL_long (smooth RL_long 0.3))))))))
    (travel_r (- travel_r (* grip_fr 0.00015 (+ (* front_drive_torque_feel (min 0 FR_long)) (* (/ kmh 100) rear_drive_torque_feel (min 0 (- RR_long (smooth RR_long 0.3))))))))
    (tyre_rl_stretch (* rear_tyre_stretch_feel grip_rl RL_stretch angle_d_l wheel_diam_RL 0.5))
    (tyre_rr_stretch (* rear_tyre_stretch_feel grip_rr RR_stretch angle_d_r wheel_diam_RR 0.5))

Unfortunately, even if I re-enable the parent function and disable all the rows dependent on it, the problem remains .... I suppose it needs a recompilation of the code of this function Grip or Slip which are related!!! :(

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi

its way past my bed time, so wont be on rig for a day, but would this smoothing help at all without spoiling feel ?
    (grip_fl (- 1 slip_fl2))
    (grip_fr (- 1 slip_fr2))
    (grip_rl (- 1 slip_rl2))
    (grip_rr (- 1 slip_rr2))

(grip_fl (smooth grip_fl 0.01))
    (grip_fr (smooth grip_fr 0.01))
    (grip_rl (smooth grip_rl 0.01))
    (grip_rr (smooth grip_rr 0.01))

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stakanov

I was almost enlightened and I tried right now ... unfortunately not ... once the function is activated (with or without smoothing) something else breaks in the lines connected and influenced by the Grip or the Slip!!!! :(

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

unfortunately I believe it’s something that’s out of our scope to fix, and essentially it’s main cause is the mesh of this new old track section.
    It’s like it’s super sticky or amplified, this may be something developers have done to create extra loading on the banking to showcase extra G forces or something along those lines.
    The rack geometry is very direct and sensitive to it, and it’s almost like there needs to be a damper in the steering for when the car is bottoming out, as I think that’s what’s happening when it jolts, because even with default, you may not feel it but the car still losses some direction or control.

20. geg

geg New Member AMS2 Club Member

Was there before Monza. As an example try Kyalami Historic 1976 first corner put your car 45° to the curb. go wery sloly on the curb and you will see. Watch out if you have a DD wheel it almost broke my wrist.
    20211007201005_1.jpg