1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random image freeze for milliseconds, it's driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Sep 22, 2021.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Just putting out there that I've been running an RTX 3070 on a $65, 4 year old 550W power supply for the last year. Maybe I've been lucky, but not a single issue!
    (☍﹏⁰)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Just as a test, perhaps try unplugging any USB hubs... MSI boards can have weak/poor USB controllers in my experience, which can cause stuttering and random crashes via pretty much any plugged in device.
    Ideally you're better off using a PCI-E internal USB card such as https://amzn.to/3CXsq4v That's mine which actually fixed tiny pauses I was having even when everything plugged directly into my Z170A M7 board.
    Any of the Inatek ones are usually good.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I think i will keep my pc off for safety reasons until i get the psu. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Was following this thread and was wondering if there was any solution.
    I’m asking as I have a high end PC and monitor and was suffering from micro stutters/ flickering both in game and when watching the reply back. I tried many many different fixes over the last few weeks and nothing really sorted the problem. The other day I stumbled upon a video on YouTube, the guy was basically saying he’d had this problem for months and had tired many different solutions. Anyway he fixed this problem in the NVCP, he made a custom resolution but kept everything the same apart from one setting. Under the timing tab where is says ‘standard’ just opposite this the option was set to automatic. He then changed this to CVT reduced blank and it’s sorted out his problem. I can confirm this has also worked for me. Just a thought, it may or may not help anyone else but worth a try.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

I'm running a 3070ti with a 650w PSU.

They don't draw what manufacturers recommend I've seen, there's a few vids on yt I think someone running one at 350w

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can get away with it easily. But it is no surprise, if it influences lifetime of the PSU, if there isn't much headroom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you precise some things like what is NVCP and CVT ? and maybe some indications for the steps to go for fixing the issue please ?

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem is that the random freezes, slowdowns etc. are just the way the Madness Engine reacts to ANY kind of hardware or software latency issues, be it the CPU or GPU, memory or HDD/SSD, system interrupt, or anything else you can imagine. So while random people will report changing one thing and that having fixed their problem, it's unlikely that you will find a single source that causes issues for everyone with these problems.

The PC2 forums are full of threads troubleshooting the same issues with all kinds of registry hacks, overclock modifications and obscure driver changes as the supposed causes of issues. It is probably better to use profiler tools to identify exactly what is going on with your computer when these stutters occur rather than follow every blind alley in the hopes that it might get fixed by "this one weird trick".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Guys i m still waiting for the new psu to come. I hope to have it one of these days. When it will come, I will test and report back

10. Silvano

Yes azaris, your probably right, i think its a normal reaction to try every single hack to fix this anoyance but it could make more damage than good, so i wait and try with safe tools.

I thought to have a fix with hiding the pit crews, but after a while the issue came back.

11. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

completly random suggestion, how full is your ram while playing?
    is ur windows on an ssd?
    is the game on an ssd?

12. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Hey Silvano, I will try and post a link to the YouTube video, it’s a around 12 minutes long but the guide to the fix starts around 8 minutes. I tried many many fixes to solve this micro stutter/ flickering issue I was having but this is the only one that’s fixed it for me, certainly worth a try and literally takes less than 2 minutes, if it doesn’t work then it’s easily changed back. Doesn’t matter if you have a 60hz, 75hz, 120hz, 144hz or 240hz monitor this fix will work for them all.

13. Silvano

Win10 is on HDD, AMS2 is on SSD. The ram is far from being full.

14. Silvano

I looked at the video and went right away to do the refresh rate test, i have triple setup at 144 Hz, the test showed 143.99 Hz.
    So it look the issue is somewhere else, thank you for the hint though.

15. Silvano

Not knowing what else to do, i tryed with VSINC on and surprise, this seemed to fix the issue, well at least for me and i saw just one micro freeze when i called for pitstop in all 3 sessions, and i can live with that.
    Lets hope it doesent come back, cross fingers...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

I have a 144Hz 4k 43” monitor and tried the refresh rate test and was getting 144Hz. I then still followed the advice in the video and changed the setting from ‘automatic’ to ‘CVT reduced blank’ and it fixed the problem!

• Like Like x 1
  17. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

u should def keep the OS on an SSD if u already have one.
    atleast when i had win10 on my hdd it would cause alot of stuttering not just in games.

u could (if u have time for that) try to install a seperate copy of windows on the ssd and then run the game and see if it improves.
    if not u can just get rid of windows on the ssd again. shouldnt take long to install on an ssd anyways

personally i bought a tiny ssd just to install windows and everything else is on the HDDs which works perfectly for me (as i said win10 ran horrible on the hdd)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Silvano

Thank you for this info, will see for that.

19. Silvano

Thanks Richard, will maybe try that, looks like i run out of ideas.
    On the other hand, just did one race of 25 laps and i had no freeze at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Silvano

@Richard Chapman
    Hi Richard, just out of curiosity i followed the instructions on your video and i realise i dont have the same content than you on "change resolution".
    Here a Gyazo to show you the page:
    Screen capture - cdebe6103bbf07a153283c50ae3f85db - Gyazo
    and the VSINC test:
    Screen capture - 32dc04638117da442bef09b6d8f32780 - Gyazo

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021