1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 11 Performance

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by IamDom., Oct 7, 2021.

1. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

Anyone tested ams2 vr performance with windows 11 yet?

What's the outcome?

First issue I've found is g29 wheel doesn't work! Lol a slight issue - none ams2 related though, it's a Logitech issue

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've heard that AMD has a performance drop with Windows 11 and a fix is coming so I'll pass for now. Got another 4 years of support for Windows 10.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not upgrading any time soon. Not broken, I'm not fixing it.
    11 is too new. I'll wait till I'm 100% sure everything will work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

works fine been running it in beta for a while now. no impact as far as i can tell, and none of my games have any issues, even stuff like RBR etc just work. the HUGEST advantage if you have HDR screens its the AUTOHDR function, gamechanging, the windows 10 implimentation of HDR is just awful, because non hdr games look like crap so you need to keep swapping modes etc, in win11 it detects non hdr gams and auto tones them. AMS2 included.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah. I've downgraded back to W10 because of the AMD stuff. Combined with the taskbar shizzle and all that.. Well yeah. W11 looks great, tho.

6. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

zero reasons to upgrade to w11 for gaming, like none at all

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you saying win 11 detectd AMS2 as HDR? I didnt think AMS2/Madness engine had actual HDR output?

8. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

Figured the g29 issues had to reconfigure it under a new wheel profile in ams2.

Amd patching the issues before end of month I've heard? I'm getting slight lag since the upgrade with a 3700x, I'm assuming its down to the cpu l3 cache issues and awaiting the patch!

@SuperMonaco_GP there are advantages for gaming, not sure they've met full potential yet, direct storage is one I'm looking forward too. Haven't got my nvme SSD yet though.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  9. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I have a ryzen 5600x and there is a small, but significant drop in VR performance for sure. Patch should be out soon to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish I could give this thread as a whole an "Informative" rating. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. TRCB

no. the opposite, AMS2 is not HDR, so widows AUTOHDR jumps in and automatically tones it to look ok in HDR mode so you dont have to disable HDR when you run it (if you have HDR monitors you will know what i mean, it looks terribly washed out in window10, forcing you to turn off HDR followed in my case with HDR tv monitors as triples, i have to also take them all off their HDR mode.. since win11, i can jsut leave it all turned on.

NOTE!!: YOu cannot screen record in AUTOHDR mode, as there are still currently no applications (that I know of) that can record HDR properly. I use OBS and it look great on my screen, but when i post it online the video is SUPER bleached out because its recorded exactly what was sent to the monitors, no non HDR viewers of the captures will see a terrible output. If anyone knows of a screen capture application that can actually capture HDR id be very keen to know about it)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. TRCB

I ran into this on the msfs forums, might be a useful comparison, I see there is a slight increase in performace fps across all the games, but it looks negligible? Certainly not worse.

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@TRCB
    Its tested on an intel, so performance is similar. AMD seems to suffer, but patches are in the works to be released this month. That's why I downgraded back to W10, but honestly performance in AMS 2 was great, tho.

• Like Like x 1