1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random starting Fuel in fixed setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Racing Bears TV, Oct 8, 2021.

1. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Out of curiosity do the real championships allow pit stops with fuel and tyre strategy? The reason for asking is this would allow Reiza to allow starting fuel and tyre choices in the game even on default. I assume the Sprint Series is ruled out of this but the longer races could it be an option? This would resolve the fueling bug and make tactical decisions come into play along with risking tyre types on temperature, weather changes ,tyre wear, no. of stops etc.

Probably a stupid idea and flawed but to every argument maybe something positive will come out of it...

P.s. I do watch the streams of the Brazilian league racing (when I can) and enjoy the close racing therefore was in two minds of posting here as I expected a lot of backlash from the league community ,but I had to ask the questions.

2. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

I understand you're taking this very personally because you're a content creator focused on car setup, but this post really isn't about you.

Also, despite your knowledge, you may want to give some benefit of the doubt here. I understand you probably don't follow the Brazilian sim racing scene, but you're talking to some people in this thread with a huge amount of experience and knowledge. I wouldn't even begin to know how to estimate how many leagues they are responsible for total, but I would guess these people are running something like 100 different paid leagues per year, across several different sims, and some of them have been doing it the better part of two decades. And yes, many of their series' use custom setups. Your condescension is misplaced.

Also, as someone that has a Spec E30 race car (one of those series that allows nothing but camber adjustment and tire pressure changes), I can say that our camber setup amounts to, "as much as you can put on the car," and tire pressure with the spec tire doesn't change the pace as long as you are somewhere within a nearly 10 psi window. It changes the feel of the car, but not ultimate pace. If tomorrow they decided to mandate 2 degrees of negative camber and 38 psi, it would do absolutely nothing to change the racing in that series. Nothing. Yes you tried to address that in your previous post, but you also implied that people that don't do setup change aren't "real" racers, as heavily as the OP implied that anyone that uses a custom setup is a cheater. Show up at the track for one of these club races and tell these guys that you're a sim racing setup expert and their racing isn't real.

Again though, none of that is really relevant to this thread other than to say that, yes, you have a lot of knowledge (I've watched some of your vids in the past and looked at your Discord, they're all really helpful, I have a lot of respect for your knowledge) but so do a lot of other people, and theirs might be different than yours. You said you decided to reply to this thread only when he made it personal. He wasn't even responding to you, but to someone else that came in telling him he shouldn't be using custom setups in a thread about a bug report. And to imply that he is recruiting people to come in here is ridiculous. You're on the forum of a Brazil-focused sim, created by a Brazilian developer, attacking some well-known members of the Brazilian sim racing community; they don't need to ask people to come defend them, there are plenty willing to do so on their own.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Go Steel, go. You got this.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys are funny. You’re supporting your friend and I respect that. He claimed the car mechanics in game are some type of gimmick and basically called people who use custom setups as exploiters which is akin the cheating, yet I’m the one who is condescending.
    I honestly don’t care if your group is a fixed setup league, and no doubt have many people that have experience. Im not questioning that.
    Im questioning how anyone can broadly label a big portion of the sim community as exploiters and expect no pushback.
    I haven’t even stated why I think fixed setups are an illusion of fairness. You can run them if you want.
    Edit: i also never claimed or implied anyone was “not a real racer” not once not ever. In this thread i made a point that i understood why people run them.
    And yes, if someone states publicly that something I or others like me do, is exploiting, it is personal just as much as if i called something you all do or enjoy cheating.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  5. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

What in God's name are you on about? I know you like a lengthy piece of diatribe but seriously that does not make an ounce of sense to me.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Jivesauce

Whoa, 3 paragraphs, pretty tough reading. But here, I quoted the part of your own massive two paragraph post telling them not to use fixed setups.

7. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

Oh my god, setups don't have exploits, sorry Steel, you can go now, you're free! Now can we focus on the BUG? For god sake

8. Jivesauce

Let me be totally clear to at least put this aspect to rest. I'm familiar with the leagues the OP runs but do not participate in them, nor do I know him personally. I do participate in leagues other people who have posted concerns in here run, but having nothing to do with operating them. No one asked me to post here, and I suspect no one else was asked either. You're not being brigaded here, there are just a lot of people invested in these leagues and they have opinions on this issue.

9. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

You didn't quote it you paraphrased incorrectly, and that is the problem or trait you seem to have and I take issue with. Maybe if you actually read what someone wrote and directly quoted it would help. So please quote me directly where I was "telling them not to use fixed setups"? Constantly putting words in my mouth is getting rather repetitive.

10. Jivesauce

That post had a literal quote right at the top.

11. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

And the quote questions why they use default setups, not me, "telling them not to use fixed setups".

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

This bug does indeed seem very nasty. I understand the philosophical question about setups as well, but it's neither here or there for the original post. We're all human and frustrated 24/7, add spice to posts. The discussion just got derailed in the beginning and this invites debate. It happens. I don't own the joint, but I do recommend the back and forth stops.

Fact of the matter is that the game offers fixed setups, many people like the concept. It's not right that it hands out different fuel levels which is like handing out 50kg ballasts to random drivers. This should indeed get reviewed ASAP though I understand that sometimes finding a fix takes a long time.

[​IMG]

PS. Since loads of people read these threads, if you have some extra time and interest I do seriously recommend trying setting up a car in AMS2 to fit a certain track and conditions. For example Spa in January. It can be simulation-y fun that's not necessarily about finding lots of time instantly, but to stay consistent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

I agree with you mate! People need to understand that we are not here to make "noise" but to give feedback, after all we have contacts with many people who have problems with the game. The game being "ok/playable" for me is great, after all I work with it and I just want it to improve.

If REIZA or Simioni gave the opportunity, leagues could bring feedback about bugs in events, we just want to help.

• Like Like x 3
  14. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yeah there are still loads of things that could be improved and I hope we can continue to post informative bug reports such as your original.

And just to be clear I don't think anyone disagrees with the original post or any other helpful bug report. I just commented on the fact that people (this includes me) collectively have an amazing ability to not get along sometimes. It starts from a good place, but then perhaps out of frustration we poke each other until there's a debate about whether toilet paper should go over or under the holder.

By the way toilet paper should definitely go over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jivesauce

This person is right. By which I mean the toilet paper should go over and I'll fight anyone that says otherwise.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be great if, even in fixed setup, we could adjust fuel as well as tires. In our last season race, I had worked out that a full tank would just about cover the race distance. Unfortunately the system decided that it was only going to fill the tanks with 55% fuel, which meant having to quickly setup a pit stop, and some of the racers, for some reason, could not get the game to refuel them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Matheus Saliba

Matheus Saliba New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, it would solve the issue, and allow us drivers to tailor at least the minimum to avoid anything janky or bugged with fixed setups without the possiblity of said exploits happening

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Hello! I want to revive this post because it is not solved yet.
    We have two leagues, there are different categories and some of them use fixed configuration, the error about random fuel is there today, the cars starts running with random amounts of fuel and that affects the pit strategies. We would like to kindly ask you to review this bug, it does not matter why a league uses the fixed configuration, several leagues use it in different simulators and it is simply a tool. Reiza thank you very much! We hope you can help us with this error, we believe that the most normal thing would be to leave the fuel free in a fixed configuration. Greetings from our league and our drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1