1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gtx 1070 and a 1440p monitor

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by gvse, Oct 11, 2021.

1. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys,
    I'm planning to buy a 1440p 27 inch monitor, and was wondering if my gtx 1070 is good enough to run it smoothly. What frame rates can I expect? At what settings?
    I'd appreciate your feedback!

2. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

In short - yes, it's good enough.
    FPS will vary depending on your in game and GPU driver settings.
    My own maths estimated you should get between 52 - 55 FPS at 1440p, assuming you're running a slight over clock from stock speeds, and you've got the game configured the same as I do (I used my own in game FPS as a benchmark then scaled it according to your GPU & resolution).

That seems to be roughly in line with this:
    Low vs Ultra on Automobilista 2 with GeForce GTX 1070 1080p,1440p,4K

Quote: "This GPU is a solid performer even in larger screen resolutions. We would expect it to achieve 48 FPS in 1440p while running smoothly on High settings."

Here's someone doing an in game test with your GPU, but be aware it's @ 1080p and 1440p is 1.77 times as many pixels as 1080p:

My suggestion would be to start with your preferred settings and see how your FPS works out in the real world, then adjust in the in game graphics to tweak things.
    But it should work fine, and you can get decent FPS, but you might have to tweak things a bit.
    Be aware of setting your basic GPU driver settings to enable performance options (esp. power management, threaded optimization and pre-rendered frames), then focus on in game settings and use an FPS monitor in the game when you're optimising things.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

No worry fr you :)

Until very recently (finally get to find a 3060 Ti at almost MSRP) I played the game with a GTX 1070 on a UWQHD monitor (3440x1440p) and I was able to get more than 60FPS in most cases without loosing too much on the graphics (almost "High" for everything).
    It only struggle on the most challenging situations like a full grid by night under rain, there it might drop under 50FPS (but will stay smooth if you have a freesync/gsync monitor).
    You'll need to lower graphics if you want night/rain ride with higher FPS than 60 :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you both for the replies!

5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah must be no problem. See my sig. I play triple 1440. 7800*1440. Almost everything maxed out and still a steady 60fps. That said, this is during daytime and no rain. But you can easily get a smooth experience with your 1070 on 1 1440p.

• Like Like x 1