1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

The GEN1M1 get damage too.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The damage visuals in PC1 were really nice especially on the open wheeled vehicles. By memory I think PC1 had better visuals (if your hardware could run it) than PC2 and not just on the damage model. The visual damage is good when it works.. Most of the time it didn't though. The Potential is there and hopefully Reiza can take advantage of that and take it even further..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

If you look on YouTube to see if there are any of the PC1 Pre-Alpha videos still online, you can see some capabilities of the Madness engine with regards to damage. What was implemented for the release did have the damage reduced (per some manufacturer requirements), and that continued for PC2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In TT?
    Didn't know that in TT we have a damage model but in single race and pratice we don't. Strange that there're two different behaviors. But the damage model is very simple and poor at the moment. Because as you can see or think, the body, engine, tires and driveshaft each are one single model which can't brake into many parts. It's (hopefully) not final

6. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I think the damage in TT is simply to keep the playing field level and ensure the next lap will be impossible for any driver who try's to exploit running against a barrier etc. There isn't much need for bits to fly off the car if the aim of TT is doing a clean lap all by yourself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is important that Reiza takes this aspect seriously, today they did a research in the racedepartament on what people think about damage. Other aspects make it create new dynamics in the races, not only aesthetic, for example, mechanical failures, debris from the accident on the track can puncture other drivers' tires or even damage the cars, as said above, having mechanical failures 5, 10 laps later by the accident.

Community Question | Damage In Sim Racing - More? Less? Enough?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love to see some serious damage as I love open wheel cars. Shredding/exploding tires, bodywork flying, sparks, even flames (like RF2). In my opinion it makes for a much more real experience when there are consequences for making mistakes.

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Punctures, muthafudging PUNCTURES! Did I miss this, has it been there all along???

10. Tarmac Terrorist

This has gotta be old news right? I'd just never had one before.

11. Tarmac Terrorist

After further testing it seems i can get punctures but, only from collisions, can't burn out the tires till they pop (at least visually, but from inside the cockpit it kinda feels like it). But after a side on barrier collision im definately getting a puncture

12. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Umm, pretty sure what you are seeing is just damaged supension. Try it on open wheeled cars.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a shame the suspension damage is not represented visually. I am an expert at destroying mine but it still looks normal when damaged.

14. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

happens on all cars or only on group c?

15. Tarmac Terrorist

So far Group C, some open wheelers, GT1's. Not tested on everything yet

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Its not suspension, that has a very different effect and also it shows wether suspension is broken in Telementary HUD, and in this case it was working. What It does look like is that its not infact a puncture but a wheel that has come off which is still visually represented, as in the HUD the wheel readings are gone after the incident, so the sparks coming off the car I can only guess are not infact the wheel rim digging into the road (which is what it looks like) but the front corner of the cars undertray draging on the tarmac.

17. Tarmac Terrorist

I started this thread back in April 2020 and now as of the last update I now have something very close to what I mentioned in the first post and I just have to say, Bravo Reiza! You guys are awsome and you really listen to your players!

I've made alot of videos about damage and mentioned the topic in lots of sim videos not just about AMS2 but alot of sims. I think looking back to April 2020 it really is amazing to see how far AMS2 has come, and I am so pleased to see now the inovations in damage that I always suspected AMS2 and the Madness engine was capable. I also think it is capable of even more and I would'nt be surprised at all is Reiza develope this further.

We now have damage scaling of up to 200%, just like we did in GTR2, but Reiza have gone one step further as GTR2 did'nt allow 200% in multiplayer, only in single player. With AMS2 we now have the option to have it in both!

Its not completely perfect but its damn good, and I have been enjoying it so much! It brings the thrill of racing and the realism to a whole new level! You really get a much more expansive respect for each track aswell, it makes you drive more realistically and also opens up the reasons why you drive differently on each different track. For instance if you whack up the damage to 200% and go to Silverstone, you really start to appreciate those huge run off areas as if there is an inccident in front of you, you can use them to avoid it. However go to Bathurst and you sure as heck get a whole new respect for the place, its terrifying! on many parts of the track there is no run off area, you are litterally inches away from a solid concrete wall whilst doing about 150 mph, you can feel it in your body, you tense up the closer you get. And with this sim, theres no more un realistic wall riding like you can get away with in other sims, cause it WILL cause the demise of your car. Also (and this is brilliant) there seems to be some progressive damage going on. What i mean is if I seriously damage my engine say up to 50% then if i keep driving at full pelt and treating it badly i then see the damage of my engine start to increase and gradually loose more performance It (if i choose to risk it and not pit) gets gradually worse until it reaches 100% and blows! I would love to see this sort of progressive damage working on things like suspension and wheels so if say you buckle a wheel and suspesion assembly and decide to risk carrying on without pitting it will gradually get worse until the wheel sheers right off. Punctures would be amazing aswell! This goes hand in hand with buckled wheels because if you've got a buckled wheel not pointing straight, its gunna wear the tire down till it pops. I don't know if AMS2 is capable of punctures, but I hope so!

Anyway I absoloutely love it and I wanted to say thank you Reiza, keep it up!

Here's a bit of how much fun im having!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

Heres some further ideas on the subject, where it works really well, where it does'nt and some reasons why. I think it needs some refining but I absoloutely love it, its already tappered differently to different cars (some stronger than others, some work really well, some not as believable, but im damn sure this is going to to be refined over time cause thats waht Reiza do!). Anyway what do you lot think?

19. Tarmac Terrorist

Heres another race with 200% Damage this time in even more delacate cars, so easy to damage so would definately recommend running a quali session (so fast drivers dont end up behind slow) and lowering A.I. aggression to 0%, trust me, it works!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

For another good example of the damage skip to 24:24 in this video: