1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Has anyone had any issues with the DS not enforcing the specified class/cars during multiplayer games?
    Eg: We're running a Copa Classic B series but when people join the server they show up with Formula cars, Sprintcars, etc and can't change to the correct class. DS server setting says, only cars in the specified class allowed.

Some of the player with the right cars can't seem to change their liveries before the race starts. Anyone else seen this recently? If so will a DS update come out to fix this?

2. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm , check to make sure you have “ server controls cars/class”. Can't remember exactly caz im at work but there's a few places to check & thats one of them. I went the easy way & rented a server that uses a custom servermanager that lets me simply tic what i want so can’t really help if you in the lua stuff but thers more then 1 setting to make sure server controls everything.. :)

3. DaWorstPlaya

Thanks, that was one of the 1st options I turned OFF/unchecked (Admin can change car/class) in the webgui. Once I did that people were in the right class of cars but they couldn't change their liveries.
    With that option checked, everyone showed up in the lobby with different car classes. Such a weird issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What's the flag to have driver control and not let it be controlled by the game in the pitlane, i'm assuming it's FORCE_MANUAL but that doesn't seem to work.

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i think it is, but for some reason there are tracks where it does not work, thats not related to a dedicated server though, also normally created lobbies suffer from it, from my memory it happens at imola for sure, and some other tracks

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DaWorstPlaya

Sure thing @Dave Stephenson , please see attached. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

8. averoth123

averoth123 New Member

Is it possible to change the AI aggression with the dedicated server configs? Right now I am running the AI at 79 and some of the guys I race with would like to see their aggression dialed back but not necessarily the difficulty. I have looked every where and can't seem to find a setting for this.

9. Roy Niessink

Yeah the webconfig does not have a option for this, at least not showing, only option/workaround i can think of now is setting the server controls game setup to false in the server.cfg, start the game with the -selectds parameter, then start a new lobby from within the game, there you can setup everything, including ai, then when you click next, you get to a screen that should show your dedicated server, click on that, then you should be fine and able to change tracks from within the game, only thing thats not possible then is go from a single class race to a multiclass race without restarting the lobby.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi sorry for the delay I was out of the office last week and I'm still catching up.

In your config you have listed the class as CopaClassicB but needs to use the numeric id (-1276839914) when specifying via the main server.cfg. You can find the ID for a given class/vehicle/track using the urls below with the dedi running;

http://localhost:9000/api/list/vehicles
    http://localhost:9000/api/list/vehicle_classes
    http://localhost:9000/api/list/tracks

Additionally there is a missing comma (,) on the RaceDateYear entry.

You may find that configuring via the rotate option is a little more friendly as that plugin allows you to specify tracks/vehicles/weather/livetrack etc by name and will do all the required conversion to numeric IDs for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DaWorstPlaya

Thanks for looking into it @Dave Stephenson ! I thought server.cfg did the text to numeric ID conversion, good to know it doesn't. I'll go ahead and fix those. Thanks very much!

• Like Like x 1
  12. averoth123

averoth123 New Member

Thanks for the information though it is a bit of is a bummer. I like that the server just rotates through tracks and I don't have to worry about it. i did some custom coding with the sms_rotate lua and it sounds like I wouldn't be able to use that as I'd have to setup each session.

13. Roy Niessink

Yeah i think i looked though all code/command options for the server, but thats the one missing, i guess that might get changed when the ranked system comes, they did not do a whole lot on the dediserver side, i hope that will change with the changed multiplayer

14. Hunt

Hunt New Member

The "selectds? How is that input exactly and where, in the dedicated server properties in Steam?

15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You need to add "-selectds" in the steam launch parameters.
    Then ingame, when you create a lobby, after selecting all the settings, you press Create and instead of directly creating the session, it grabs a list of servers (set to allow users to apply settings to it). You either pick a server and have a DS session or you press Create again to have a local P2P session.

To make the server accept settings you need to set the server.cfg file with
    Code:
    controlGameSetup : false

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hunt

Hunt New Member

Thanks

17. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all.
    I have 2 DS setup, all working how we want them to, but there is one thing im not sure about.

Is it possible that the first person who joins and becomes the admin, can the server be set so that when in the lobby the first session doesnt start until he clicks start?

At the moment, it looks like when the majority click ready, the countdown starts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

No i dont think thats possible, if it is i would like to know about it as well. lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, Im sure ive seen that happen in lobbies..maybe they were P2P and work differently?

20. Roy Niessink

I cant recall seeing that, but maybe @Shriukan or someone else knows more about this.