1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random image freeze for milliseconds, it's driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

@Domagoj Lovric can i pm you if i ever need to manually insert ram timings to my msi mobo? Don't want to do anything stupid here

2. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I use a system: Build a computer that at the bottom end can run smootly the game you care more.
    All in auto. All fps over 60 is good. Zero overclock. Years of use whitout problem. Pass the pc to someone. Buy new one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, (it's not actually that bad), this is by far the best guide I've ever come across on the subject. Everything is well explained and structured in such a way that you can go as far as you are comfortable or is necessary in your case.
    MemTestHelper/DDR4 OC Guide.md at oc-guide · integralfx/MemTestHelper

Just relaxing your main timings at the higher speed will probably get you there but again you need to bench from setting to setting to see whether it's actually an improvement or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

While it's general rule, i tried that here too (just relaxing timings) (and many permutations) - it just refused to work with this specific combination. Not an isolated case with non-samsung chips and ryzen 2nd gen. Wouldn't be mentioning it so much if we didn't have similar systems.
    But after all is set manually (admittedly, abit lower ram clock), it runs like a charm.
    @Haris1977 , feel free to send pm.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Domagoj Lovric, since the start of AMS2, i have been suffering with random stutters/freeze going from micro seconds to 1-2 seconds, i tryed a lot of things in the driver and nvidia panel to nvidia inspector and i was about to give up when i saw in your post something that caught my attention.
    I saw "after all is set manually (admittedly, abit lower ram clock), it runs like a charm."

So i opened nvidia inspector and i did set the ram clock to level 0 (it was at level 3) and i tried, no stutter/freeze at all, went back and did set at level 1 and tested for 1 week, no stutter/freeze at all !
    i will go to level 2 and test another week, if it works well i will stay at that.
    so this was a great info you gave there, thank you !!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Anyone have a freeze problem/ brand of Memory, type chart?
    We cant do a survey in this forum?
    Just for scentific curiosity..

Mother chipset , hdd type, Freeze x min, mem freq, brand, bank number.

Ps, perhaps a surveymonkey?

7. Silvano

A survey would be good yes, in case others get the same stutter/freeze problem.

Mother chipset , hdd type, Freeze x min, mem freq, brand of Memory, type chart? yes but i have to look for those infos, will get back asap.

8. Silvano

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    GPU : GP 104-A
    Mother chipset : ASUS (1043)
    HDD type : NA
    Freeze time : 1/2 sec > 2 sec
    Mem frequency : 4004 Mhz (-340 down tuned for AMS2)
    Brand of memory : GDDR5 (Micron)
    Memory size : 8192 MB
    Shaders : 2432 Unified
    Driver version : 511.23 WHQL - r511_04-9

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  9. Tommy Can

Tommy Can New Member

Do you know how to do with VR? I have AMD GPUs and I often have freezes that dirty my races... : (

10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've found 4 things that cause stutters...

1. pit crew detail... Set this to none as they load during the race... You'll still get the lollitpop crew member... If you set it to only you there will be a stutter at the end of the 2nd split when the crew is loaded... Otherwise you will get a stutter whenever anyone goes into the pits...

2. The telemetry UDP set too high... I switch this off during the events just to be careful, but 5-9 works better online than 1 more often then not...

2. Incorrect super sampling mode, I was using the wrong mode for NVidia cards which cost me 30fps and smoothness...

4. The rankings system, I haven't done enough testing with this one to confirm, but there are quite a few members here who point to the rankings system as the cause of their stutters...

These aren't the only fixes, but are the main ones I've come across with at least some sort of fix...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Scar666 Can you tell me something more about the incorrect super sampling mode. Include the words awesome, chicken and peanuts.

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does 2 affect off-line racing? What should it be on there? I don't even know what UDP is for.

Can you explain further about tge SS?

Thanks

13. Scar666

It hasn't for me but probably will for others... UDP is for telemetry... I use it for SimHub, Crew chief as well as for telemetry outside of the game...

SMAA is the option that most Nvidia card users should be using as it's designed for Nvidia cards... Each manufacturer has it's own preferences but each Super Sampling option should be tested just in case you get better performance from the other options...

14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

If you don’t have any external telemetry based devices or recorders receiving there data via network you don’t need UDP on at all.
    It’s just the rate of communication between those external receivers. lower the better if you do have them .

15. F1Aussie

Okay thanks. Did you gain or lose fps using SS. Did you lower any settings when turning it on?

16. F1Aussie

Okay thanks. I use second monitor, crew chief and simhub for my shakers

17. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes but are they running from the system directly. ? as in your monitor for second monitor is connected to the pc ? simhub applications just on screen rather than remote dash ?
    second monitor doesn’t require UDP unless you are using a totally separate monitor from another system or portal tablet .
    crew chief doesn’t need UDP as it just running of shared memory in background .
    i don’t know much about shakers but presumably they are connected via usb so just running of shared memory in background also .

18. Scar666

I had been running on the wrong SS for NVidia, so I gained around 30fps after switching... The only graphical options I have turned down before and after the SS change are the mirrors and I run with motion blur off...

19. F1Aussie

Okay, thanks. Yes all running directly from system, I don't use any simhub dashes just Shake-it.

20. F1Aussie

What do you mean running wrong SS for nvidia?