Temporary control

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by space.jazz, Nov 4, 2016.

1. space.jazz

space.jazz New Member

Hello

My son has this game and it is fantastic. Now I want to purchase it also but cannot get a wheel setup for some time due to other commitments :( I have to use an Xbox 360 controller for the time being.

The problem I cannot seem to figure out is that I can't use Brake and Throttle simultaneously, so cannot blip the throttle on downshifts. I prefer this form of immersion. I have:
    Auto shifting: Off
    Auto clutch: On
    Auto Lift: Off
    Auto blip: Off

Could anyone help, please.

Thank you and cheers!

2. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

The triggers on the 360 pad share an only axis. When both triggers are released, the axis is centered. The moment you press one, is either braking or accelerating, it can't be both. I suggest you activate "Auto blip".

3. space.jazz

space.jazz New Member

Thank you for the reply macmaniacoes, however the single axis, while true, doesn't explain why the same actions are possible in AC and Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. macmaniacoes

Those are different programs, with different developers and coding, which means that they probably aren't too keen on reveal their methods to possible competitors. If I have to guess, I'd say they create virtual axes and feed them the data from the xbox controller somewhat processed (polling and if>then maybe?o_O)
    I understand that this is an issue if you want to use a controller, but again, I think this is software related, no amount of fiddling with config files is going to resolve it:(.
    You can also try different controller layouts, throttle on the right stick, for instance, but then it will be also different from other games, which can be an issue with muscle memory. I really think that your best bet is activate autoblip, specially since you're going to get a wheel. I maybe wrong and there's a way to do it, but it have to be something fiddly and/or obscure, so in the end it may not be worthwhile in terms of time and effort.
    Happy driving nonetheless :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. space.jazz

space.jazz New Member

Hi macmaniacoes.

I really appreciate your time in replying. I'm a little embarrassed for not putting 2 + 2 together. Now it is clear, that due to the goofy single axis, probably more effort than it is worth is required to create a work-around.

The auto-blip works well enough for the time being. I guess I miss doing it myself as I mostly ride a motorcycle, as such, auto-blipping the throttle is one of my great pleasures in life! That's a little sad re-reading it :D

Thank you again :)

6. macmaniacoes

Well, it's a pity, bike rider here too, plus I like old cars better, so I'm 100% with you ;). But I'm sure you'll get your wheel soon and the game is still quite enjoyable.
    See you around, mate.