1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see a option to save some presettings (points, choices of circuits, classes etc.) so that you do not have to complety rebuild a custom championship again

• Like Like x 2
  2. chabalian

chabalian New Member

Hi !
    For a better dashboard, you can use SimHub and have this setup for exemple:
    https://www.simhubdash.com/download-2/
    SimHub-03.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I wonder what is the point of Championship mode if you get no reward for winning them? lol. There's got to be an incentive to motivate users to win the race. Maybe a trophy presentation? Or unlocking saved slots so you can store your Custom Championship for re-playing from the beginning?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One word, DLSS

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Huseyin Fahri Uzun

Huseyin Fahri Uzun New Member

Gas/Brake/Clutch indicators on default HUD page, visible back of the vehicle on side mirrors, properly working headlights and it's indicator on hud

• Like Like x 3
  6. ivd100

ivd100 New Member

Probably been said before...
    Voice commands to control ICM. Yes can do with third party apps like Crew Chief, Voice Attack, but would be great to have built in. Particularly helpful for VR users.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Actually its four:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

An official "Best Practices" post to guide those setting up dedicated servers would be helpful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Please, please, please add global default championship time settings. Even with time scaled to 0, the shortest race you can do is 30 minutes, which is crazy for a championship implementation on which you can't save mid race (like ACC).

10. F1Aussie

Haha, very good

11. Noro Ardanto

Noro Ardanto New Member

The ability to see telemetry or at least HUD in replay will be helpful to analyze my driving

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Reiza, the BMW 2002 is cool, but please, why not implement it as a proper race car?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ANJAROO

ANJAROO New Member AMS2 Club Member

Right now when you join a multiplayer lobby the game saves all of the multiplayer settings onto your local system. So then when you go to host a multiplayer game you have to look at all 50 different settings to get them how you want. Its annoying.

Ideally we could have a set of multiplayer settings saved as a profile that we could select.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. ANJAROO

Also, we could really use the proximity arrows to not disappear when a car is directly next to you. They go away at the moment you need them most.

One other suggestion (unless i missed a setting somewhere): For those of us with regular monitor 16:9 or even 21:9 - could we get rid of the player and seat in the car? This would give us more freedom in positioning the camera and aligning dash and FOV. Without the seat it would let us look left or right without seeing the the head supports on the seat. Without the player we could move the camera back more and not see the players body/neck. Right now I can't look left out of the window because of the seat blocking the window and then on top of that the proximity arrows disappear...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. F1Aussie

Visible tyre wear and flatspots would be nice

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

UI improvements:

1) The menu when in the garage needs to be more opaque, as it can be hard to see.

2) Sometimes a mouse button click will result in a click 'noise', but no action happens. Then click again and it works.

3) Loading / Saving setups is just odd. I start with a car I've raced before on a different track and it's default is set to another set up I saved for a different track. Its a bit clunky.
    Also, the whole set up loading screen needs a bit of rework, R3E has a nice easy to understand UI when it comes to loading/Saving or searching previous setups.

4) The garage menu is odd, way too many button clicks to get to the car set up. Why do I have to go to setup, then advanced set up then all the way back again, why can't I click on setup and get the set up - it's just overly convoluted.

5) I don't know if it's just me, but the whole of the UI seams slow and clunky, button presses some times get missed , and it's a little slow to respond at times.

6) Setting up a single player race, why are there multiple buttons scattered all over the screen to set up a race?
    It should be all in one screen maybe with tabs at the top or something.

Anyway, sounds like a rant, but it isn't meant like that.

Take it easy

• Agree Agree x 11
  17. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Once again...can we see our PB"s for track/car combos when we load them? The info must be in there somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ANJAROO

Option for accelerated repair time.

Similar to accelerated tyre wear and fuel usage - how about options such as Authentic, 2x, 4x, and Immediate for repair time from damage in the pit.

Reason: the large majority of multiplayer games are not long. So if damage is on and you get damage, your done. The time it takes to pit is already enough punishment. Most people who get damage immediately leave. But then if you use no damage people drive a bit careless. I like the idea of damage on to encourage safe driving, but currently the punishment is too high for most race lengths.

Example: 10 lap race on bathurst. You loose it going down the hill. The crash takes 5 seconds. It takes you 5 seconds extra to navigate to the pit with the damage. Pit stop takes 20 seconds. That's already 30 seconds of punishment. 30 seconds on a 10 lap race is a ton.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Fiyah

Fiyah New Member

Hi!

Is it possible to add a Ghost car setting to Test day please ?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please add the option to switch on/off driver names in replays. Not the most urgent thing, but would be nice.:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1