1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Do you, have by any chance, Pit stop errors enabled? You won't be noticed of the error since the speech files are missing, only subtitles stil work. It's a leftover PCARS2 feature that should best be removed, as well es es the broken Spotter and Race Engineer, since it makes no sense anyore in AMS2. It was a nice feature in PCARS where it worked. (also random "radio problems" when requesting pit)

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure you are not trying to refuel a Formula car that had no refueling allowed during its period or the refueling disabled.
    I've been routinely racing in championships and offline races where both damage is on and refueling is also on.
    No problem whatsoever when strategy is properly configured.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but in the meantime while we await sim perfection, those who want to enjoy the car more will likely benefit from a better set-up (as provided by @CrimsonEminence above or from @steelreserv's website, etc.).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A high amount of toe out helps with 'initial' turn in, gives you a head start, but actually hurts on long corners.

And the Cup doesnt understeer any more than a porsche does and arguably should at high speed. The traction it gets on throttle application has a cost.

The Cup is behaving fabulously. It does not have the aero or suspension balance for it to naturally turn in at high speed. It plants and you need to use the diff and stiffness balance to create a power rotation.

Just like you said, your entry speed has to be proper, your rotation point and apex has to be proper, then you feed the throttle and the car helps create slip angle on power.

I took both mine and Crimson's build to Kansai tonight and took 200R flat without issue. Opinions and driving styles differ I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pitstop errors? I have not seen that option in single player mode.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been with tintops, GT1 and BMW pro car I think it was. In custom championship and with refuelling allowed. One was Merc GT1 at nordschleife, 101 litre set for pitstop, fuel in strategy showed I red text for some reason. Had to limo around for about 25km to get back to pits, didn't change strategy text was still in red but this time it refueled.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm aware my suggestions are out of range. I don't really care with a wrong behaving car. (As soon, as the car doesn't tire fire like an open diff on two wheels when being at 60° power ramp and 100 Nm preload, i'm happy to set it that way, for now a softer car with less rear aero and excessive diff lock cures its issues)

Please feel free to give your own. :)

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes its not showing up in single player here either, however it does in multiplayer

9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is in your general realism menu for the entire game. If you have it on it will apply to your race weekend even offline

10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.4 is now live - this is another hotfix to address some high priority issues along with some further improvements.

V1.2.4.4 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Fixed an issue that would lead to blown engines and seemingly random pit lane speeding penalties when using real weather and a time/date close to the edge of the available range of dates.

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread adjustments to F-V10 Gen 1, F-Classic Gen1 & Gen3
    • Further minor crankshaft mass adjustments
    • BMW 2002 Turbo: Minor differential adjustments
    • F-Classic Gen1: Slightly increased default preload, slightly adjusted diffuser center of pressure, increased default turbo boost from 60 to 80%

AI
    • Fixed an issue that could lead to AI unnecessarily lifting in straights with shallow curves when track is wet or tyres are worn
    • Fixed an issue that could lead to AI having different potential ability depending on if a session started wet or dry
    • F-Classic (all gens): AI callibration pass

AUDIO
    • BMW 2002 Turbo: Further general updates

TRACKS
    • Velocitta: Updated track to latest references (including revised T2 run-off & green-painted curb extensions)

VEHICLES
    • Corvette C3: Fixed wiper cleaning issue

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 11
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni Could you tweet this, please? It makes it easier to spread the word, especially with a nice screenshot attached. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for updating this great track!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Velocitta: Updated track to latest references (including revised T2 run-off & green-painted curb extensions)
    I knew something was wrong... Its so different now :rolleyes::eek:

14. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

adiciona Caravam na Old stock, por favor!

15. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Excuse my French but HOLLY ****!!

TV camera replay guy (sorry can’t remember your name) Longbeach - you have covered yourself in glory!

Thank you!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

This glory is sticky!

Thank you @sci006

And thanks to @Maser V6 for pointing it out to me.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What has happened to the a.i.? For a long time now the a.i. are generally too slow in the wet, moment it starts raining you start catching them like they've lost 15% of their ability (theres the odd exception with car and track combos, but in general they are.

Also There are a few class'es that i have to turn down the a.i. skill level for to keep up with, this is brilliant! Please don't change that! But there are others where at top skill (120%) and even aggression (100%) they are a walk in the park! (and thats on a default setup, dont even bother tweeking else you'll leave em for dust!). Can we please have more skill level, heck give us another 60% percent! I wanna enjoy my offline racing aswell as my online for a long time to come, but with quite a few classes im out of competion pretty quickly!

Looking forward to trying the BMW with diff adjustments. Cheers!

18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where else to put this, but an old friend greets AMS2 with some (for me) very unexpected positivity. Not sure why it's now he feels a complete transformation (there have been far more significant physics changes in the past), but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth I guess.

Positivity for AMS2 can only help the game in growing, so I appreciate that he's taken the time and shared this in a separate video.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Are both beta and main on the same version now?

20. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I thought the same… why now? I think he just moved to a new pc (2nd rig), so it might be that (ie. Something was wrong on his old setup).

Anyway, like you say, good to hear him being positive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1