1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Certain cars (for me at least) feel perfect now. The Porsche RSR being one of them, so perhaps incremental changes will begin to flow on down to other cars that still handle quirky.

2. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Yeah most cars I've tried now feel really solid and predictable. I think AMS2 is ready to start moving forward with QOL improvements, bug fixing and multiplayer improvements. The foundation now is super solid.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, seems the total loss of control whilst pitting for wets bug is back, just tried to have a race in the 2019 stockcars at Goiania and after it started raing went into pits to change tires, could'nt even get into the pitbox, car became totally uncontrollable started floating around on the tarmac. And when it did eventually come some semblence of a halt, i could'nt get it going again, like i was sitting on ice & an oil slick. Anyone else had this lately?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Duya know what i've actually kinda gotta take some of that back (about the A.I. in the wet) im not so sure now, there are certainly some track/car combos where they are slower in the wet (G40cup @ Oulton), but im actually finding its a bit more of a lottery than i thought, as Stock car 2017 used to be well slow in the wet @ Goiania, now they seems on par, infact dare I say it, GT3's at Monza, really good in th rain. Hmmm

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Oh no...

Let's a few of us try to replicate this and see if it is consistent.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

I ran another race there but i had to use manual pit stops set to OFF, which i'd rather not do, but at least it worked for the 2nd race

7. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hadn't started up AMS2 since Racing USA. I jumped back in when Monza was released and it felt like a completely different sim. The physics feel much more tame, much less bounce. The feeling of the lateral grip on the tires is amazing. Turning with the brake and accelerator is now predictable and correctable. Pounce on it in a V8 out of a turn and feel the front end lift. What I really enjoy most is the way the car snaps back instead of the usual sim power slide of death. The AI is now fun to race, no more jittery side to side movements and unnecessary door bashing. Much more, but as you can see I'm really enjoying this sim. Looking forward to what Reiza brings to the table next.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup, can confirm that one. Exactly like described. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh dear so its properly back then. I did do a file integrity check just to see if it was a glitch due to that, but there were no errors. Hope this gets sorted quick. Thanks for double checking mate!
    P.S. a bug report has been made

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Really nice. Im pulling off the headset with a smile now. Just did another quick F3 race at Hockenheim and the tweak to adjust the ai behaviour when they are alongside and being squeezed onto the kerb or offline is the single biggest immersion boosting adjustment that Ive seen. Suspension of disbelief, immersion, call it what you want but its a lot of fun to race against now. I have noticed that the ai have a lot of grip under acceleration out of the corners these days although by the looks of it others have noticed and commented on that too. Hopefully its just a minor dial in or something that might roll out in the future. Praise where praise is due. Clearly the hard work is paying off and my deep pessimism of the past was premature and unfounded.

• Like Like x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

glad to hear you're enjoying the game again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Some bugs such as this one are content-specific, may happen to a track where the wrong material is assigned to a bit of concrete and when that turns wet there´s no grip value for it - we´ll look into sorting Goiania for the next update, if you spot the issue anywhere else please report where and we´ll get it sorted :)

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What was the race setup/conditions where you had trouble. I havent reproduced this with 4 lap race, weather set to 3 slots (sun/rain/rain sync to race). Goiania full circuit and StockCar 2019. Track was fully soaked on lap 2, I pit on lap 3. Nothing abnormal.

14. CrimsonEminence

Set Test Day + wet live track preset, set normal rain, go out on slicks and drive into pits directly afterwards (or maybe 2 laps, because Live Track definetly needs some time to make it truly soaking wet). Also worn slicks will increase the chance to experience it (same effect, more pronounced).

Then drive the pitlane entry and stay on the left side (fast-lane of the pits), maybe even stop and try to get the car rolling again. You just regain grip on the green separation line between pitbox-lane and fast-lane. Pitbox-lane on the right has way more grip. Fastlane is actually a lot more slippy.

I have reproduced it 3 times.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

The game is absolutely fantastic right now. I really hope Reiza will have a look at night time racing, or any type where headlights are on. The performance impact is too severe at the moment, at least for VR racing. Driving in the rain / at night is impossible. I only drive during the day, which is a shame, because it's fabulous in night/rain conditions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I agree nighttime perfomance could be way better. On triples I only really have performance issues in those conditions if there is a lot of AI and on certain parts of the track, eg. the start/finish straigh at the Nürburgring, but FPS still significantly drop below 60. I only ever had those issues in ACC before, because the AI eats all my CPU power, which AMS2 AI shouldn't do to this extent (I think).

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we please please please have more spots available for classes like the Porsche Cup Car, for a single car series only having 9 available is not ideal.

Aaaaaaand please can we have the ability to choose the number of cars assigned to each class in a multicass session. I think it's just random at the moment, where I might have 6 of a class in one race and then 15 of it in the next. This would make multiclass races much more enjoyable given that the AI is beginning to manage traffic better.

Thank you most benevolent of developers...:D

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Manohy

Manohy Member

Funny!!!
    I've noticed a funny thing. During the time the handling was bizarre, the game had lot of bugs ,etc. Many people here said no "it's ok" , "those are normal", "learn setup" etc which led to frequent disputes here. Now Reiza finally got rid of those bizarre effects and made the sim a little more "standard" ,the same people here say "yes those bounce was bad", "handling was bad..." .

Welcome to the real sim club AMS2 !
    Sim community 1 - Fanboys 0
    What a journey guys!

• Dislike Dislike x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

Interesting, you're chipping in now, that things change, to spread some more negativity for the sake of being negative. Thanks for your invaluable contribution to improvements in the last weeks. :)

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A lot of guys here pour there heart and soul into trying to identify items for improvement.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting this crap.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2