1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Opening trough oculus when selecting steamVR launch option

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Samuel Dugourd, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Samuel Dugourd

Samuel Dugourd New Member

I need to play with steamvr to record my gameplay and stream with OVR toolkit....Oculus mirror have visual glitch some time and black bars on the side and very low quality gameplay so totally useless to stream and record that why all my game that i record or stream need to be playable in steamvr but for some reason with oculus that now have openxr too AMS2 cannot open in steamvr.

Iv'e tried:

-Changing openxr in regedit
    -Changing openxr in oculus and steamvr setting
    -uninstall /reinstall the game
    -uninstall/reinstall steamvr
    -vrmode openxr in launch option

2. Samuel Dugourd

i precise im on oculus quest 2

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

do you start from an icon or in steam and select vrmode steamVR

4. Samuel Dugourd

i tried everything , but finaly found the solution i intall "OVR Advenced ToolKit" and in the setting of this app you have the choice to override and force game to open trough steamvr by checking the case "Force Disable Oculus API" apparently sometime oculus decide to overide the lauch option of a game to open it trough its own system

5. Samuel Dugourd

so sometime oculus choose to launch it in oculus even if you selected to launch it in steamvr b y clicking launch Automobilista 2 in steamvr mode so you need to force it by disabling the oculus API with OVR Toolkit

• Informative Informative x 1