1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Alrighty gents, back on track now shall we :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Manohy

Manohy Member

Now let the sim racing community take care of it :) . It's inevitable.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

have any of you noticed an issue with the Sauber C9?

For me it's revving in a very strange manner. The audio seems to be out of sync with what the car is doing, or else its blipping through 3rd and 4th almost as if they don't exist. Then in 5th it sticks around 6500 for a bit and then carries on, but it's accelerating the whole time?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Noticed since 1.2.4.1, very odd... Seems absent from the 962 fortunately.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you!

6. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The inevitable side-effects of hyper-realism and ultra-complex modelling...
    Our crummy clutch work and aggressive shifting have it sitting jacked up in Reiza's workshop...

Let's hope they can fix it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Just had an amazing race against the ai in F3 at Hockenheim. I do love that track :) However, its formalised a thought process in my mind that in turn means...
    A Quick Question for the general community! :D
    When setting difficulty do you set it so that you can just about squeak pole in qualifying or do you set it so that you can drive within your 'comfort zone' which might mean an easy pole but a race where you're not at 10/10ths the whole time?
    Just a general interest question the answers to which might help me with my own difficulty settings. At the moment I tend to favour the 'just being able to beat the ai in qualifying' method, but this leads to exhausting races that are pretty much defensive the whole way through, especially with the corner exit ai grip that exists at the moment. Because of this Im now tending towards a less aggressive car setup and dumbing down the difficulty a bit... this compromises the qualifying competition a little unless I prioritise smoothness over raw speed..
    Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Known issue,problem with the auto-clutch.
    Will be fixed next update.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I start with 110 AI and go into practice to see if I'm ahead or behind. If I'm 1.5 to 2.5 seconds off after 20 min of practice, then I lower a few clicks and go back into practicing. If it's a car / track combo I don't know then I could practice for a good hour or so over the course of a few days and then adjust AI back up if needed. If it's a car / track I do know then I usually only practice for about 10 min and adjust closer to 120.

Once practice is over then I move over to qual to see how close I get to pole. I’m usually ok with a 3rd place qual if I’m only about .2** off pace since it gives me something to work for during the race. But if .2** is closer to the back of the pack then I keep practicing in qual or lowering the AI one click. Also, if I feel I know the track ‘ok’ then I could most likely make up that time during the race and get to first.

Then off to the race and it’s much more fun when you’re fighting for position during the race. With the AI so close or fighting for position it makes things all that much harder. When I’m that close with the AI I do enjoy swapping places with them as it just feels like good racing. If I mess up, then sometimes I reset or sometimes I just keep going to see how far I can fight my way back up.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I set Ai difficulty so I qualify mid pack, I don't want to have no cars in front of me. Usually between 107-115.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I'm setting the AI so that i can drive in the middle of the pack. My goal isn't to win but to have hard and fun races.
    And mostly it's ending in the junkyard *lol*
    So my settings are not for everyone... :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Thanks guys. I'll dial it accordingly! I must admit its a lot of fun having battles with the ai :) Sadly my pedals are showing their age and fine throttle control is tricky for those necessarily efficient corner exits.

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A reason to buy new pedals. Gogogogogog!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Christmas is coming...

15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont do qualy. I set myself to start at the back. Most of the fun for me is battling through the field. If I win - good, if I dont I try again. If its hopeless I lower the difficulty.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I do much the same - don't do qualy and start at the back. However if I get into the lead I'm disappointed. Even more so if I win. I like it when I am able to battle the field but am losing places occasionally and not just gradually getting to the front. The AI still has issues but is improving and is already as good as any other game and better than most. Getting the right AI skill settings still seems more an art than a science - I think this might just be the nature of the beast.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Definitely. The right car/track balance can make or break it too. Worth experimenting a bit outside of pure settings sometimes.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actaully just to be sure, no, they definately are still slow in the wet. I quali in about 12th in the dry with the fastest driver just over a second faster than me. Change quali to wet, samae difficulty level, smae setup (apart from tires obviously), now im in first! So still can't run a custom champ as as soon as i get to a track and its raining, ive pretty much one. Really wanna enjoy this changing weather system, but A.I. ability goes out the window once it rains

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a race at Bathurst in the McLaren GT1 last weekend and found the opposite. The AI were absurdly fast in the wet, to the time of around 8-10 seconds a lap. It is like they were driving in the dry whilst I was on a skating rink.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Yep, exact same situation on a F-Ultimate race at Imola.

• Informative Informative x 2