1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok thankyou for bringing this up F1Aussie. This further thickens the plot, or problem if you like. After some thurough testing at Bathurst with the Mclaren GT1 both in dry and in wet and after practicing enough that i can do 3 consistently timed laps in both conditions (same difficulty level overall), I can fully concur with you.
    In the dry quali session im coming in in 5th. In the wet im coming in dead last, in a feild of about 28. The difference in times i was experiencing at Goiania with stockcars was a second or so faster than the ai, with me being faster in the wet. The difference with the GT1's at bathurst in the wet is 4 seconds!!! With me being slower in the wet! 4 seconds!!!!

So i decided to take this a step further and took the GT1s to Oulton Park (previously here in the calsses i test here most i.e. Ginetta GT40s, GT5,s F3's and i think ive tried it with GT3's. I am always faster in the wet. With the GT1's i was again pretty much similar or faster.

So I was thinking this was a car class orientated problem, turns out it is also track specific. And it is not a simple case of i am so much better at one track or another or i would be consistently slower against the a.i. on a track i was worse at driving be it wet or dry, so, hmm, this is a tuff one is'nt it!

One idea I did have that might explain these huge differences is this (Although as ever, i could be wrong in my assumption). As far as I know, the A.I. in AMS2 is on a different phyics/tire model to the player, where'as in ACC they are on the same. Also in RF2 the A.I. are on a different physics/tire model to the player. Now I find similar problems with different car & track combos in RF2 as i find in AMS2, they are much faster/slower at certain tracks and also there are big differences in their ability between running the same track but in different dry/wet conditions. (obviously there is the other variable of my ability at different racks, but seeing as ive been racing alot of these tracks for a long time (many years of sim racing) I know when im consistent in my skill between tracks and it is actually the minimal difference compared to the difference in A.I. in different conditions or how well there A.I.W. is suited to any one track.
    Anyway, I find in ACC I can just set their skill level to a given number (comparable to my level), then take them to any track either in wet or dry and after a bit of practice they are consistent in their skill level to mine. So could a big part of the problem be down to the A.I. physics/tire model?
    I would have thought their big varience of skill between certain tracks would be more down to A.I.W.s, but i am far from an expert on these things.

I dunno, what do you guys think? Or is there anyone who is an expert on these things that could expand on this?

Cheers!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

I most certainly will help where ever I can Renato and make bug reports where there is an obvious bug. There is also one area of the sim which is not actually a bug I don't think, but certainly as it seems a complex problem, that is the consistency of the A.I. between difference cars and tracks, and their variability in skill between dry and wet conditions. This disscuision started on about page 20 of this thread I think, up untill my last post (just above this one). Would love to hear anything you have to say on this, as I very much look forward to running a championship or custom championship some time soon. But with things as they are I can't due to these issues. Cheers for everything you and the team are doing and have done so far, and thankyou very, very much for what you recently did with the dmage percentage. I love it!

Cheers!

3. Tarmac Terrorist

Just a quick question for anyone that knows. Had a couple of races in VR today, was great, not done that in a while!

Anyway the races were Stockcar 2019 @ Goiania & Formula Ultimate @ Monza
    Now the Stocks have PUSH TO PASS and the Ultimates have DRS.

My question is this: Unless I have the HUD in my display (which i definately do not want in VR as i can see everything arround me, mirrors, steering wheel, dash etc) there is no way for me to tell when DRS or PUSH TO PASS is availible. There is nothing that lights up on either cars dash or steering wheel (whereas in the hud there is). Do there drivers in real life not have in car indicators to let them know when these systems are availible? I can see buttons to activate them on the cars steering wheel, but nothing to show WHEN they become availible. Surely you don't just have to guess?

Im i just being unobservent? Have i missed something?

Cheers to anyone who can help!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gents, not willing to come across pushy, BUT... Isn't it better to have this walls of convos in the appropriate thread where Reiza can easily find them (not being sunk into a 20 pages thread on completely different subject)?

Official AI Report Topic

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They do have light indicators for DRS irl, Reiza already has acknowledge this feature is missing and implicitly mentioned it might be available in the future.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah thats great news! Cheers, looking forward to that!

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe F1 drivers hear a beep in their ear if DRS is available. They activate DRS right on DRS start line so I assume they hear it beforehand.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Dolph

Well its not an AI matter, if thats what you are suggesting.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

They also have a beep for optimal shift timing...in addition to the shift lights and tach on their steering wheels.

10. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

You should try to load a qualy session as well, you can skip it immediately. This will sort the AI out to have the faster ones towards the front, therefore cleaner AI racing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know they did an AI update to Bathurst not long ago as I think it was people saying the AI were too slow, so maybe overcompensated in the update? Bathurst was my second last race in a championship and the only one that I was miles off the pace in. I have done plenty of races previously at Bathurst with no problem. This may have been my first one since the AI were updated for this track though.

12. Tarmac Terrorist

I have found the A.I. at Bathurst are really fast now and I have to say, I love that! There are tracks now like 1990's Monza where i've got the A.I. up at 120 skill level and im qualifying in 1st and then just leading the race, so until It gets an update its useless already for me unless i use cars that have v fast A.I. or that im not too good at driving, where as with bathurst i've got the skill level for cars im v used to down in the low 90's and im getting a v challenging race! I love this cause i know that even if i find the perfect setup and get ridiculessly fast there, im gunna be able to keep ramping up the difficulty and still get a good race! I wish all the tracks had this level of A.I. and for drivers not used to the track, you can still turn them down all the way to 70, so its good all round!

13. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AI are pretty quick around Bathurst now, I was wondering if they were too quick a while ago but, after a bit of looking their fastest times are in line with lap records. I only really checked GT3 though and the RSR in particular. Can't say about other classes .

I am just not able to keep up with them coming down the mountain. They get through there like absolute madmen...:D

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Thats the thing with Bathust, you really gotta learn the Ess'es and The Dipper, once you got it you can keep with em, but absoloute no no for over taking of course. What cars is this with and what skill level you got them at?

15. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

sorry it's the RSR at 100% I thought I'd mentioned it. A 2.01 feels impossible to me but that's just a skill thing.

edit: doubly sorry, it was the 911 GT3 R I'm thinking of and not the RSR.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Yeah i had ten mins free just now so i just took the Porsche there and did two laps on standard setup. 2:03:062 is what my 2nd lap got me. You wanna know how to get under 2, ask the Nemesis!

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I only run at 90% AI and find that I am near the front often with that at most tracks but Bathurst is an outlier. I reckon I would need to dial it down to around 80 to be competitive there now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Valis

Valis New Member

So November is coming. It is a "USA DLC PART 2" month right ? :)

19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Possibly, but if so, then rather towards the end of November.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dolph

Yeah, I think we get the early 80s F1 cars before that. At least that was the original plan. Also, theres supposed to be some big automanufacturer partnership announcement soon.

• Informative Informative x 2