1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rallycross or supertruck is better then new car manufacturer

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Maybe but that is content fit for the Extreme Pack DLC coming next year

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that confirmed to be coming?

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Supertrucks were in AMS1 and considering Renato wants to bring all AMS1 content to 2 eventually, I believe this would fit in, possibly part as base content. As for rallycross, well, pC2 had it and it was surprisingly good, so it might.

But just to clarify, I didn’t say it will come. Just that that content would fit as Extreme Pack content.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah yeah, ok, that would be great, just did a supertrucks race on ams1 a few weeks ago, and that was a lot of fun

6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Basically yes if nothing changes, this is in the description of the Season Pass on Steam:
    upload_2021-10-30_14-3-9.png

7. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that @Renato Simioni said that they would be bringing a large stable of cars from the biggest rivalry in all of automotive history...

Matchbox vs. Hotwheels

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. B Stu

B Stu Member

Batmobile round Nords yes

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.2.5.0 is now live - smaller update this month since we already had a couple of complementary updates well into October and with most of the team now focused on the big late November/December updates, this mostly serves for some extra house-keeping to the previous release along with some further fixes & improvements - more of this still to come early on next week, and then it´s all about the big one later in November - more details on that in our Development Update to be posted next week!

068.jpg

V1.2.5.0 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Fixed incorrect environment values on session results screen
    • Updated recent historic weather data for all other locations

UI & HUD
    • Made ICM Value adjustment inputs continuous
    • Explicitly display 'NO' when a vehicle has no factory fitted electronic aids
    • Removed 'Sync to Race' weather progression and replaced with 'Real Time' as default option in Test Day
    • Changed replay fast forward rewind speed steps and added UI indicator of current speed
    • Added an on screen message when mandatory pit window opens
    • Fixed incorrect weather dates used for custom championship pre-race sessions.

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread adjustments to Porsche Cup, F-Classics Gen1 & 2, F-V10 Gen1, F-Reiza Opala 1986 / Omega 1999 Stock Cars
    • Further crankshaft mass fine-tuning to Group C, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza
    • Further revised slick tread sensitiveness to water to minimise chances of tires becoming unusable past a certain threshold of saturation
    • Minor adjustments to diffuser center of pressure in all F-Classics, F-V10 Gen1 & Mclaren MP4-12
    • Group C: Minor adjustments to default diff coast ramps on both cars; Fixed Sauber C9 clutch slipping on upshifts

AI
    • Fixed an issue that could lead to AI lifting in straights for very tiny invisible amounts of surface water
    • Adjusted AI puddle lifting logic to better account for puddle depth
    • Fixed an issue where some vehicles wouldn't receive blue flags in some specific places (Curitiba main straight for example)
    • Fixed some AI vehicles would enter hotlap behaviour as soon as they left pits in qualy/practice instead of entering outlap behaviour
    • Made AI work harder to avoid the passing cars lane under blue flag conditions
    • Increased distance AI cars under blue flag will factor cars behind to move out of the way
    • Velocitta: AI tweaks (less apex grass trimming and sausage surfing)

TRACKS
    • Velocitta: Fixed hole in grass, uneven terrain under garage tents leading to cars; cleaned up garage positions
    • Spa 1993: Revised track cut limits at bus stop chicane. Remove grass crete at 2nd apex
    • Long Beach: Added new csm wall (fixing sidewalk curb at pit lane exit causing strange collision)
    • Snetterton: Fixed strange pit wall collision; TSO lod pass; Reduced armco shimmering; Enabled start lights
    • Brands Hatch: Fixed strange pit wall collision
    • Fixed latitude/longitude of Nordschleife & Londrina resulting in slightly innacurate Real Weather data

VEHICLES
    • BMW M3 E30: Fixed internal windscreen banner for cars #57 #58
    • Metalmoro MRX P4: Added 6 new liveries

• Like Like x 45
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Harvey Mushman

Harvey Mushman New Member

Great work as usual, Reiza...Thanks VERY MUCH!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What a nice little Saturday bonus. Cant wait to drive the C9 again. Thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

"Velocitta: AI tweaks (less apex grass trimming and sausage surfing)":D

Nice little surprise there, much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  13. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Porsche Cup is now perfect. Please seal it in a 5,680 bit encryption with a "do not touch" clause.

Thank you for this.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. chonk

It's nice to see some changes being made on that front, but it's still not enough. We really need either a scrubable time line or the ability to jump to a lap start. The increase in speed doesn't seem that significant. If you had an incident at the end of a 60 minute race you want to review you have to fastforward @ 10x for 5 minutes? It's still not practical.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Since you're housekeeping, I'd like to talk about pit speed limits briefly. I'm not a big fan of how they are currently handled, where historic cars on modern tracks get 100km/h.

Now, I'm no scholar on the topic, but I think speed limits should primarily depend on the era of the track, and only secondarily on the car/series. Historic tracks or historic layouts (say 1980s and older) should not have pit speed limits at all since there were none back in the day. Current day ("modern") layouts should either have 60km/h for all cars, modern and historic, or ideally the real life limit per race series. If there were higher limits in the 1990s or 2000s compared to now, implementation of those would also be great, maybe even outliers like Adelaide where the speed limit is lower (at least it was in AMS1 ^^)

Pertaining to that topic it would be nice if cars without pit speed limiters in real life would also loose those in game.

IMO this is not an urgent topic, but something that would add to the simulation aspect.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It isn't, but considering it's an engine limitation, having it twice faster than before is a very welcome improvement. I was hoping we could get even larger multipliers, but still, happy to see the x10 one at least.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. chonk

Well, hopefully some amount of magic can happen in the future. Now Ian has all this free time on his hands maybe he can add an extra line or two. :D

Has anyone noticed an issue with time trial? If I restart a session my frame rate tanks, restart the session again and it's fine. Happening @ Spa with the C9 and two ghosts loaded.

19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Adjustable side mirrors incoming!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

It's outstanding, absolute bliss, especially with Steelreserv's tune on it. To the point of addiction.
    I find it now falls into a growing list of classes that can be left at 100 AI skill, and be absolutely fine for most, save for the true aliens.
    That's in the wet(light rain at least...)as well, as of late, top 10 within a second or so for pace, as it should be.
    On every track I can remember to have tried so far... This goes for ie the RSR '74, BMW 2002 and largely the gt3 for example, where even the BoP is not quite there arguably. People's mileage may vary, but I find I can, with extremely little effort, tune it in to where it's absolutely close racing where 1 mistake will ruin your gap to the car behind, and only sheer consistency will reel in the guy in front.
    I've been in so many situations both on- and offline, where there's just major gaps after a lap or 2, and that was that afa the racing was concerned.
    Very pleased in other words with the way stuff is being dialed in, and it's so inviting to want to revisit pretty much everything.

This is what happens when capable people keep tweaking away at stuff, we knew this was coming.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3