1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now iam confused . Steve Youngs reply is intersting to me, since his machine is similar to mine I guess. Still thinking of ordering a G2 but not so sure if my machine will be sufficient.

2. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

G2 Folks - I need your help to test an all-round setting I’ve just lucked out on which gets me 90fps in day/dry and flips and holds 45fps reprojection in wet and miraculously seems to have cured the multiple headlights in the rear mirror issue that kills frames.

Perhaps backup your AMS2 settings folder first, but I’m hoping (after months of tuning!) that this may be onto something in fixing the jankiness between SteamVR and WMR.

Details in this doc - AMS VR G2 Settings

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone using Varjo headsets with AMS2 and can confirm that it works? (I'll probably have more success asking on their Discord, but it doesn't hurt to ask here)

Yesterday they announced their new Aero consumer-level headset. FOV is not much to write home about, but everything else seems perfect for sim racing.

Varjo Aero - Varjo.com

4. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Cool to see Varjo doing a consumer grade headset, I had hoped they would go this direction for a long time but holy **** that is an eye watering price...:eek:

5. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Does the foveated rendering work with AMS2? I’ve heard it requires game devs to make changes to support. Without it I suspect we’ll struggle to realise any benefit on V.Aero given we can’t run the G2 maxed out with 30% less pixels to push.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I'm really excited about a product (Varjo Aero) that I can't buy/afford. :eek:
    I bet AMS2/PCars2 will look stunning in that headset, every preview through the lens video I've seen is visually mind blowing. It feel like this is the level of VR we've all been waiting for. :D

Let's hope HP, Valve and other companies bring other challengers to the market with the same resolution soon. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  7. paddler

Finally ordered a G2. Waiting for delivery. Hopefully it was the right decision...

8. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

AMD FSR gave me some headroom with my 2070s and the G2. At least the recent tests I did were promising (using render scale 0.77 and 50% SteamVR Resolution).

Still need to tweek some settings, especially as some things are still very blurry.

9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know how to get rid of shadow flickering? I am running quest 2 on gtx 1070. I'd also appreciate any tips on improving anti aliasing performance as well.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  10. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

1 easy way is to turn shadows off. ;)

11. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Anyone else having performance issues tonight in vr? I have not changed any settings but tonight was horrendous so switched off. I had a complete stutter fest

Baz

• Like Like x 1
  12. Donato

Donato Member

yes unfortunately I confirm what you wrote, performance worsened. I thought they were the Nvidia drivers that I reinstalled and instead nothing. we hope for a patch as soon as possible.

13. paddler

Made the switch no to a G2. Impressive display in comparison to my former oculus rift. Setup is a little bit confusing.

Any idea why there is always the message popping up saying Autom. is not a vr game. When i click further it will start anyhow. Also in steam vr settings the game is not in the list to create a specific setup for the game. Any support will be welcome.

14. A.F.K DaN

@paddler how do you start the game?
    I had to create links for my sims into WMR cliffhouse. Also you need the WMR / SteamVR link software, should be available in steam (maybe the first thing you should check).

15. paddler

Thx! I think I did that but also there, AMS was not on the list of Steam VR games??? Is it because its the BETA AMS2? I usually start the game from within Steam.

16. radkappe

radkappe New Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2021-11-2_16-32-41.png

this is my steam window

17. A.F.K DaN

The Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR thing is the application i mentioned.
    Think my WMR recognized my VR games after that and I could select and pin them to a location in the WMR cliff house (but don't remember the exact steps)

18. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all,
    Someone could tell me the difference between AMS2.exe and AMS2AVX.exe ?

Thanks in advance

19. paddler

Very strange. My BETA does not get recognized as a VR game! So I can't import it to the Cliff House... When I start it from Steam, a message comes up telling me that AMS is not a VR game and after a click it starts but the screen gets mirrored on my PC screen (is that normal?). If anyone can help thanks!

My (not installed) AMS2 is listed as VR Game in Steam, but not my ASM2 Beta. All very strange....
    And the Oculus App is always starting up as well when starting a VR game.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  20. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I believe one executes with AVX extentions on the CPU and the other doesn't. The AVX one is supposed to be more efficient/faster but generates more heat.