1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thx. What is the Link Software called and how does it work?

2. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks a lot for this explanation, thats exactely what i needed to know :)

3. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

For G2 owners (old and new), I updated my settings doc here which hopefully helps you - AMS VR G2 Settings

2 options I've settled on:

1. Run at 90fps (as per doc settings - my preference) and turn down SS% for really heavy night/rain (until @Renato Simioni and gang fix the headlights killing frames thing, which I understand is being looked at... crosses fingers!) or...
    2. Run at 45fps (reprojection forced on) by amending the following:
    - Change SteamVR per-app setting to 'Disabled' and change in-VR WMR Motion smoothing setting to 'Motion Vector' (preffered by @Mike Evans) - you can probably dial up the SS and/or in-game settings for this in all but night/wet again.

Welcome any feedback and ideas for improvement.... it's an ongoing mission getting this thnig dialled in with the fun that is WMR/SteamVR but a thing of beauty once you do!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. paddler

In my G2, if i start steam vr, i will be shown a mountain range instead of the steam vr panel with all the apps. What can i do to access the panel? > solved!

…and my AMS2 Beta still is not shown as an VR game. Message pops up that ist not supported by VR but then i can access anyhow. But i am not able to access space spec. config page within steam vr for that game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  5. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello fellows racers,
    Can someone tell me how to make the pit sounds louder? i barely can hear them...
    And couldnt figure out in "audio" because they are not specified.

Thanks in advance.

7. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this file change supposed to induce a locked-45FPS reprojection mode to kick in automatically when 90FPS cannot be maintained? For some reason, this didn't work for me, and the only way I can get a fixed 45 FPS reprojection to work is to select "Motion Vector" as the "motion reprojection mode" within the WMR SteamVR app settings. Has anyone successfully been able to induce an automatic 45 FPS reprojection to kick in when needed?

8. Rob Davies

See my post on G2 settings and the google doc where I cover repro and non repro options. That file is output from WMR settings afaik

9. Chip

Thanks for the response. I'm still confused though: Were you able to get automatic reprojection working? In other words, during a single race, have you been able to use VR at 90Hz, and then have it drop down to 45Hz when PC can't keep up, and then have it pop back up to 90Hz when GPU load lessens? I haven't been able to get this automatic reprojection switching to work, and instead I have to choose between 45Hz mode or 90Hz mode before I start up the game in VR. If I try to use 90Hz mode with reprojection enabled, it drops down to some random frame rate around 60Hz and is super choppy and unplayable.

10. Rob Davies

Hey chip,

No probs, gotcha - so the simple answer is yes. By having WMR reprojection ‘enabled’ and SteamVR ‘disabled’ it will.

Flipping it the other way around (WMR disabled and SteamVR enabled) works better overall for me, but doesn’t drop to 45 properly.

11. Chip

Thanks for the clarification, that's very helpful! I will experiment some more. Also, thanks for sharing your settings in the document you created. I will try those as well, and make sure to share my own as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thinking of trying the quest 2 again. Are people having good experiences with it? I had one before but got rid because of flickering. My spec is in my signature so any advice is much appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Baz

13. Shpalman

Shpalman Member AMS2 Club Member

after last update i had to turn down a lot my graphic settings...it seems that the game is more demanding...anyone noticed this?

14. Navik

Navik New Member

Have a 3080+G2 and tried FSR over the weekend and observed a few things:

1) The visual downgrade with FSR on is quite apparent which does not appear in other sims like AC/ACC. Have steamVR at 80% and AMS2 in game SS at 1.4x
    2) Forcing dx11 mode in wmr makes the visual worst and super pixelated. I switched back to reprojection at "per app setting" and "forced on" for AMS2.
    3) I can get smooth 45fps reprojection with full grid on Nords and Bathrust at 6am in the morning with med clouds, but lots of stutter on Spa. Anyone noticed the same thing? Or is Spa just unoptimized.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shpalman

Shpalman Member AMS2 Club Member

I've also noticed a huge fps drop in spa, expecially before eau rouge..but also in every track in any area where the stands are close to the track

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. paddler

Why is my AMS2 shown as a VR game in SteamVR but not my AMS2 BETA? So I cant do a specific setting within SteamVR for the Beta Version.

17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Chip Sorry for the delayed answer but yes, it works for me. For some reason it's the only way that works, I've tried using the controller's to edit but no joy, I find this way much easier and I don't have to mess around with controllers and menus.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  18. Chip

Thanks for the response. Can you please provide the full file path of the file that needs changing as well as confirm the changes made? Just want to make sure I’m doing it exactly the same way. I still can’t get automatic reprojection (90FPS—>45FPS—>90FPS) to work.

19. Chip

Quick, and perhaps stupid, question, but I’m not by my computer to test for a bit: Do camera settings affect VR experience? If so, what are folks using? The reason I ask is because testing motion compensation made me realize that if I pull a car straight up (e.g. perpendicular to) the banked turns at Daytona, the whole car pitches up, but my view stays centered, so I basically end up looking at my knees. This happens with or without motion compensation (degree of view changes slightly, but not much).

20. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

This is actually due to the "World movement" setting under the Camera options. The closer you set that number to 100 the more it will go away as it fixes the driver to the car. The only problem is the bumps in the car will be more intense. I found a setting of 80 to work quite well in VR.

• Like Like x 1