1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSR for OpenVR

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NuScorpii, Jul 9, 2021.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Thank you so much @NuScorpii for sharing this info. This FSR mod worked like a charm! I've been able to bump up the SteamVR rez settings with plenty of headroom to spare while holding 90fps with 24 cars at night with a thunderstorm. Awesome!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Gave this a go.. more frames that look bad are sadly not a solution, like the rest of the Vive guys im at 90fps, on a 2080 I can achieve that with most settings high or better, adding FSR at 77% to try add better graphics in fact just made the game look worse because while there wer more objects on screen all of them looked worse. Pity.. I was expecting more from FSR as the answer to Nvidia's DLSS.. I guess we wait for Reiza to deploy DLSS and FSR natively. Fwiw in my DLSS games i LOVE it, works a charm, for jsut a tiny sacrifice in fidelity you can get a massive jump in frames. FSR is jsut not there yet. (my opinion and YMMV)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaWorstPlaya

Dumb question but can this mod be used when playing online multiplayer races?

4. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

yes - applies across the whole game

5. DaWorstPlaya

Thanks! I was worried it would fail due to some anti-cheat software not allowing online multiplayer or something since we are using a modified file.

6. Rob Davies

Oh I see - no, nothing like that although I think when I did a verify files in steam once it overwrote it with the original as noticed it was different.

7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I can't really tell the difference in performance. If any, there is a slight improvement. I need to play with it more. I set it to 1.0 rendering. If i set it to something like .77, the resolution doesn't look good. The radii, i set it to 0.9 because I don't like seeing the circle in the surrounding. Sharpness, I set it to 1.0 and graphicsconfigopenvrdx11.xml i set to 1.5...the game looks better when everything is sharp. I can't tell that it bother me when the frame rate drop from 90fps to 85 to 75....I am using Pimax 8KX...at 75fps in heavy rain, it looks the same as 90fps? I don't get it...when I am looking around...i don't feel stutter or anything that bother me. So, I don't know what kind of magic this tool did to the game or is it just my imagination? I have been trying to maximize the performance and still maintain high fps. I have EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra. No problem running 90fps smooth during sunny day....but it is the rain that I am after...I like driving in rain.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  8. DaWorstPlaya

The proper way to use this mod seem to be set the render scale to between 0.85 - 0.9 in the openvr_mod.cfg file, this frees up a bunch of GPU resources, then crank up the SteamVR SS by 25-50% over what you are running. The visual improvement is massive while hitting 90fps easy.

Speaking of which, what are the chances this mod could be incorporated into AMS2 as a menu option? Reiza this would be awesome if you could use it as an alternate code path where it switches between the 2 openvr_api.dll files as an in game menu.

Also can this thread be made a sticky? I think this thread is worthy of that since the performance and visual improvement I've noticed is massive.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

out of curiousity, how did u find out what openvr version the games uses?
    cuz i looked up the compositior version string and then crossreferenced it with some of the releases available on github, which took me like 30min xD

10. Thomas Müller

Thomas Müller New Member

The update "openvr_fsr_v1.3" has been released. Also for AMS2?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Davies

Hey Thomas - I had a quick look at the release notes but didn’t seem to be anything there that hinted at any performance updates for us?

@NuScorpii is d’man who may be able to tell us for sure though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you update to the 1.3 version from github the game will crash when starting. The 1.1 version from the first post still works fine though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Was going to give this a try today, but the link in the first page to download appears to be broken

14. florian ray

florian ray New Member

Same problem here can someone please share the files... ?NuScorpii? Please! (with version 2 it doesn't work either)

15. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

@Andy @florian ray Which link are you trying to use? Very first link in the OP still works for me.

16. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, sorry... someone pointed that out to me and the first link works fine :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. florian ray

florian ray New Member

:rolleyes:
    Double thx
    :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  18. florian ray

florian ray New Member

Very nice! G2 + 2080ti 100% 90fps

• Like Like x 1
  19. Atanas Dmyanov

Atanas Dmyanov New Member

Is it possible to use it with triple screen?

20. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

No this is for SteamVR only.