1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do they talk about MP in the vid? ..looking for a way to translate lol:eek::rolleyes::hurrayreiza:

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know anything about Dedicated Server, but at least in Single Race, if you set the Weather Progression to anything other than Sync To Race, the duration of each weather slot is random

3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure? I thought the weather change was scheduled to the 'top of the hour' divided by time acceleration.

4. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

The peak of that weather slot is indeed on the "top of the hour", but the start of the transition between weather types is random in between AFAIK

5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also a few others that would be nice, but not mandatory.

• Driver swap: I know this wouldn't be likely to come to AMS2, but it would make long endurance races actually feasible.
    • Multiplayer spotter/engineer: allow another player to spot for you or control your strategy. This would be nice with some extra telemetry between you and the other drivers. I've spectate spotted for some friends before when joining late and I've had a few do it for me.
    • Setup sharing: this was a feature in Pcars2 and is almost necessary for having a good race at certain setup specific circuits.
    • Fixed Custom Setup: Similar concept, except you could force a custom setup for all cars in the lobby. Mainly I have this in mind for ovals.
    • Heat races (if rallycross eventually comes): apparently there's a rumor of off-road/dirt content coming next year. If so, please give us a full heat system like what iRacing's IRX uses.
    • Reverse grid/success penalty options that can be controlled by race director.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

+1 for driver swaps

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Need to wait for the USA Pack Part 3... it will have oval content and they did suggest a huge work for proper Safety/Pace Car (pace laps for rolling starts, caution laps, full course yellow, etc) would be worked in. Fingers crossed, cause it's something Project CARS never had (and made its oval racing useless).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. justposted

justposted Member AMS2 Club Member

Super excited about the updates. Anybody have any clue about when in November we might start to see them arriving?

That said, the main thing I want changed in AMS is a multiplayer browser where it will only show me races I can actually join!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you mean this text, from the description on the Steam store for the 2020-2022 Season Pass:
    Note that this point doesn't specifically mention racing on dirt, so I'm guessing it's more like the Stadium Supertrucks in AMS1 that race on tarmac tracks with added ramps. In a Q&A session on Facebook, Renato Simioni mentioned that dirt racing was something they hoped to get to late in the development cycle (well beyond 2022)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bwhick

Bwhick New Member

Dirt ovals would be great

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Rallycross features in both Automobilista 1 and project cars 2, and will be coming to Automobilista 2 in the Adrenaline pack (with the super stadium trucks as well)

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bristol dirt?

13. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Snow and Ford F-150 with tracks or something similarly ridiculous for 'extreme' XD

14. Bwhick

Bwhick New Member

Sprint cars and late models too, or any oval dirt car.

15. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

16. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see a custom per car saveable ffb option, along with a single click auto FFB setting to give you a good base ffb setting based on your wheel.....just like iRacing.

Varying content quality aside, my only gripe is the same as I had with PC2.
    Spending more time adjusting ffb/creating custom files for every type of car than driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I'm extremely excited for this portion of the game to come into play...I'm also very disappointed that the development will start well beyond 2022 if that statement is indeed facts.?

Does anyone know if loose surface physics are currently enabled ?

18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

BoP. GT Astons were outdated at Le Mans too, but still ran competitively due to BoP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

But as we all know, there is no BoP in AMS2. Despitr the fact that the BMW M6, for example is rated for up to 585hp RL.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a BoP in AMS2. It's just not sufficient at all, because it's not per track categories and altitude (barometric pressure model favours turbo cars by far, of course).
    For the altitude case there are already considerations, but it might take a while still.

• Informative Informative x 1