1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Oka ... even if I like the particular discipline very much, I am not a drift driver, moreover, due to my bad interpretation of the english language (I use google translator) I did not understand which tests to perform ... in any case I did some research on this "custom_lock_stop" and it would seem that whoever claims to have solved it used a code similar to the one below ... there are more versions that I have inhibited using the # symbol (to use them one at a time,), but you could try copying it to your file and see if and which one solves the problem ... I go like a blind man but I hope it can help for testing ... i put the lines in pairs so that you can move the # symbol to activate the version you want (first or second line code)!!!
    Let us know!!! ;)

EDIT: I tried the version below with a GT3 (if I'm not mistaken from 540°) and the V10 Gen2 (from 450°) and it seems to work, both by turning the steering wheel from stop to the end of travel (at the maximum rotation established it hardens), either starting with the steering wheel turned and aligning itself (up to the center), or trying to skid along a skid curve ... I forgot to rehearse with the original version of Karsten (which changes only for a passage that does not I know if it is necessary) ... @Oka give me confirmation if you read the message !!!!!!

#########################################################################
    #
    # Lock Stops
    #

(custom_lock_stop 2.0)
    (wheel_dir‎‎ (if output 1.0 -1.0))
    (stops (bumpstop wheel_dir 0.15 0.5 0.2 1.0))
    (output (+ output (* stops custom_lock_stop)))

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fernando Zamora

Fernando Zamora Member AMS2 Club Member

We can expect some improvement or update of the ffb in the coming months

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

It would be nice to get LFB, Damping and FX key bidding like in PC2
    Being in default or Custom FFB that would be a car fine tuning on the fly or when you move to another one

4. JRMCreative

JRMCreative New Member

I have a Logitech G923 and wondered where I can get a useful FFB. Also, whats the telemetry hub I've seen mentioned that I can check for clipping etc?

5. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@JRMCreative Assign one of your buttons to the HUD Toggle function, then cycle thru until you get to the Telemetry screen, and you'll see the FFB widget at the bottom left.

6. Fernando Alves Souto

Fernando Alves Souto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Which configuration file is good for the G27?

7. audio.pizarro

audio.pizarro New Member

Hi @JRMCreative
    I've posted something a while ago:

But at the moment, I love the default FFB, with Gain at 100, everything else on 0, damping could be at 50. It really works better for me right now across all the cars. Reiza did a great job with the latest FFB updates.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  8. Stakanov

I hope not to have hallucinations, but I found a missing line of code (due to forgetfulness or typing error) in the section dedicated to BUMPS in original Karsten's files and then in all the other .... even if the correction does not upset anything please everyone to insert in your files the missing line indicated below in red and in bold ... even old files are flawed, therefore the advice is addressed to everyone. ;)

(left_bump (* 0.002 (- FL_load (smooth FL_load 0.015))))
    (right_bump (* 0.002 (- FR_load (smooth FR_load 0.015))))
    (left_bump_pos left_bump_pos)
    (right_bump_pos right_bump_pos)
    (left_bump_pos (+ left_bump_pos (* (- left_bump left_bump_pos) (power 0.001 dt))))
    (right_bump_pos (+ right_bump_pos (* (- right_bump right_bump_pos) (power 0.001 dt))))
    (left_bump_pos (max left_bump_pos left_bump))

(right_bump_pos (max right_bump_pos right_bump))
    (left_bump (spring left_bump_pos 10000 0.1))
    (right_bump (spring right_bump_pos 10000 0.1))

Unfortunately the correction does not solve the bug of the historical tracks and parabolics ... :mad:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: @Karsten Hvidberg ... maybe, but I'm not sure, I found another anomaly. In these two or four lines of code there are 2 "If" conditions, where in the first there is only 0 and maybe it had to be 0 1 (if FL_bump_kerb 0), while in the second "If" condition is not specified the condition (if FL_bump_offroad....) but directly the argument (large_offroad_bump_scale large_track_bump_scale) without the operation to follow (blend, abs, +, -, etc) ... is that right???

The complete 4 originals line are:

(left_details (* left_details (if FL_bump_offroad 0 1) (blend (smooth FL_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_scale kerbs_surface_scale)))
    (right_details (* right_details (if FR_bump_offroad 0 1) (blend (smooth FR_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_scale kerbs_surface_scale)))

(left_bump (* left_bump (if FL_bump_kerb 0 (if FL_bump_offroad large_offroad_bump_scale large_track_bump_scale))))
    (right_bump (* right_bump (if FR_bump_kerb 0 (if FR_bump_offroad large_offroad_bump_scale large_track_bump_scale))))

Which is correct??? First two lines, the seconds two??? Or all 4 lines are correct or need correct???

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Very interesting files, even for a G25. The grip sensation is more "uniform" all the range, without loosing too much on other signals.

10. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Stakanov

Couple of internal testers mentioned jolts, particularly on Monza oval.
    I looked into it briefly, pls try file below / check the edits i did. Seems to have fixed them.

upload_2021-11-18_1-23-16.png

Attached Files:

• Like x 10
    • Winner x 5
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  11. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is it. I can confirm that with changing these two lines, the jolts are gone. Thank You.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Wow …thank you @Domagoj Lovric :hurrayreiza:
    It is very kind of you to look into this for us.
    Seems to have done the trick. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Stakanov

@Domagoj Lovric thank you very much :) ... unfortunately last night I didn't see your message and now it's morning here and I'm at work ... I'll test it as soon as I get back to the home but I already have the confirmation of the guys above so I can only thank you infinitely!!! :hurrayreiza:

@Peter Stefani Very good too, you had guessed it and I have not deepened!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now if you can only get an answer on those 4 lines??? Would be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stakanov

Yes @Michael Enright it is also possible that it is correct as a syntax, strange but correct ... the first IF condition requires the "FL_bump_kerb" only to 0 and the second IF requires only the presence of "FL_bump_offroad" then apply the multiplication between i Bump (left and right) and the two values of the scales large_offroad_bump_scale and large_track_bump_scale
    we await confirmation ... ;)

16. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick query: which file do you recommend for a T300?

17. Stakanov

@Domagoj Lovric @Peter Stefani @Kuku Maddog @Michael Enright

I am at home, I make the changes communicated to the file and I launch the game but unfortunately passing over the parabolic of Monza the car returns to skip and jolt as before ... to be sure that it is not my file I downloaded the file above but it is not there difference. :(
    I even re-downloaded Karsten's original and made the changes ... but nothing doesn't work!!

Test carried out on Logitech G920, V10Gen2 car and Monza 10k track (both with chicane and without). :mad:

I wrong something??? Please duplicate the test... o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Post your file please. I will try it

19. Stakanov

20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1