Wheel lost

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by LoloRRR, Mar 20, 2016.

1. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

hi,

first thanks for AMS, this is a great simulation, I love it (was fan of SCE).

I have a problem : all works fine, and when i am during a session, when i hit "escape" to go back to garage, when i want to re-start or to go to next session, very often my wheel is not recognize anymore. Even when i go to the settings screen, wheel doesn't work. I am obliged to quit the game ans restart...and then it works perfectly, until when i go back to the garage and after, no wheel (no pedals, in fact no controler).

I have a logitech driving force gt, it works fine in other games.

Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
  2. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

still the same after some tests..... i am very disappointed because i join an online session, made the qualifications, and when the race session starts, no controller....

Need help :)

3. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please provide more details? If you can, post some screenshots from your logitech profile and ingame config. It's hard to tell what could be causing the problem.

4. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

i changed nothing.... i will try to send screenshots.

5. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

6. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

just try few minutes ago, because i check files integrity with steam and steam find 2 files to re-download. But still the same : it works fine, back to garage and then, impossible to restart because no controler...

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Lolo, could you clarify whether this is a new problem (since 0.8.6r), if you also had it before? Or is the latest version your first contact with AMS?

8. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

sometimes it doesn't work at the first start (i checked before from main menu , in the controler settings, it was ok)
    it seems taht when you click on the arrow to begin to drive, there is a "time" when the wheel is "connected", sometimes it works, sometimes not ... sorry not very technical :)
    i try several cars it is the same...
    am i the only one with this issue ??????

9. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

hi Renato,
    nice to talk to you, i am a reiza fan, and SRE user :)
    So : i installed AMS on march 3 (i was a GSC customer)
    before the update, i think i had the same issue but rarely... now it is each time.
    Each time i launch the game, my wheel is well recognize in the controller settings page, the problem happens later
    thanks

10. Renato Simioni

OK thanks - from your report it sounds like you lose all controller functionality (not just the FFB), is that correct?

11. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

yes correct, nothing.
    I don't understand !!!! i was testing : So i don't know if this will help, but it seems that when i begin with "test day" mode, that works, and when after i go in "race day" mode, then it works... i did qualify, race, go back several time in garage, go back to track : no pb.
    I quit the game, re launch go direct in race mode : same problem than describe before. Quit, go back, test day mode : ok, then race mode : ok..... it seems like that, it seems strange but not only random i think, because tested several times.
    Is this make sense for you ?

12. AriBo

AriBo New Member AMS2 Club Member

hello renato
    like loloRRR, i've got the same issue... with every car i tested
    i lost my Wheel (T300) and FFB as i start a race vs IA ... only when it's standing start
    if i launch a time trial, or a race vs IA with launch start everything is ok and functionly !
    i gonna test it on mp ... but i think it will work ... i'm gonna tell you in the next post

13. AriBo

AriBo New Member AMS2 Club Member

on mp, at first it doesn't work in pit
    have to reload my Wheel presets and it works

14. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

did more tests... don't know what to think...
    i did the same (test day and after race) and it seems to work (launch start and standing start work).
    i don't know if there is a real link or if it is random..... but strange :)
    before i had the problem every time, and tonight at the end it was less.......

EDIT : i tried like Aribo to reload my wheel preset (in game), it doesn't work for me

15. Renato Simioni

OK thanks Lolo. There are a few similar reports, we´re looking into this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

thanks Renato for your help and support

17. TheStig

TheStig New Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Guys, got an odd one for you. Last night was playing automobilista with my t500 f1 rim and two dsd button boxes offline in test day mode and everything was working sweet. Today I go to do a single race and my wheel and one of the button boxes are dead. When I look at the test inputs screen there are red bars showing even though I am not testing the wheel and pedals, when I do test then nothing happens.
    Obviously when I go to drive I get nothing. I closed down auto and had a go at r3e and all good there, then I go back to auto and same issue again, one button box is working but not the other or the wheel and pedals.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers

19. gctitans

gctitans New Member

I`m having the exact same issue. I`m running a T500 and it seems like luck of the draw on whether its going to work or not.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gctitans

gctitans New Member

Pretty much exact same issue I am having. I`m running with a T500 as well.