1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 SteamVR ReShade [OpenVR Only]

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NuScorpii, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Frank Alexandre

Frank Alexandre Member AMS2 Club Member

In fact it is not the problem anymore since it works in Steamvr with advanced ovr settings. The problem is the performance, even with OpenXR the fps is very bad compared to oculus mode.

2. Retrolux

Retrolux Member AMS2 Club Member

I missed your earlier post sorry. That anoying that the peformance is that bad compared to oculus. Lets hope that they work on it though to get it on the same level als their own oculus api.

3. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

Is there still a downloadlink somewhere?

4. Retrolux

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

any chance or date this to arrive on oculus?

6. Navik

Navik New Member

Just tried this on the latest version of AMS2, but I can't get it to work. Pretty sure I followed the instructions from retroluxfilm/reshade-vrtoolkit to the T. Can anyone help shed some light what I can do to troubleshoot. Thanks!

7. Retrolux

Try to rename the dll instead of opengl32.dll to dinput8.dll. Should work better this way. Need to update the documenation soon on the vrtoolkit page.

8. Navik

Navik New Member

Thanks I tried this and it didn't work either. Tested with ETS2 and it works fine without issue

9. Retrolux

@Navik try this preview file for the next vrtoolkit version. (Worked for me)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Navik

Navik New Member

Thanks @Retrolux, have tried the preview file and it's still not working for me on AMS2. All other games work fine so this is really weird. Have not done anything funny to AMS2 either as it's a fresh install.

11. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oooh, new build? Can I try it too please? (AMS2, ACC, RBR, DCS, rF2, DR2.0... B).

OK, works flawlessly in AMS2. Did not find out what has changed but it works B).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Retrolux

@Navik

It might not work because it might not go through the openvr api. I heard that even when run in steamvr mode the oculus overrides it. What headset are you using and can you see if an dinput8.log file is written besides the dinput8.dll in the ams2 folder where the ams2.exe is located? Its usually an indicator that reshade was started.

@GoobMB
    Yes sure you can use that dll as well and report if you encounter any issues. A lot of code was pushed by crosire to improve reshade. One that can help in performance is that you can disable depth buffer acquisition, as it is not needed for vrtoolkit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Navik

Navik New Member

@Retrolux I'm using a G2 Reverb going through SteamVR. There is a dinput8.log file created. Not at my PC, but will upload the file later if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Navik

Navik New Member

@Retrolux there's 2 log files created. Have attached them here. Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. GoobMB

So far so good (5 hours in AMS2). I love your job.
    A question: if I wanted to use it in RBR (if it works there of course) and ACC, what is the convention with the name of this dll please?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Retrolux

@Navik
    Your log file look good so far. Sessions where quite short. Did you try to go on track into the car? It should work there from the looks of the log. You can send me the updated log when you are in the cockpit. On some games the Reshade dashboard icon only apears when you inside the 3D scene and not in the menus.

@GoobMB
    I have a RBR preset for VR especially made for it:
    Reshade Preset for RBR (use the VR zip)
    If you want to update the reshade version with the recent preview you need to replace the Reshade.asi in the plugin folder with it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  17. Navik

Navik New Member

@Retrolux thanks for all your help. I was a dumbass and did not go all the way onto the track to test, Had assumed that it would be the same like other games where it be sufficient to test once the game is launched and in the menu. Reshade works properly now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. GoobMB

Aye, I know, been using that.
    With" recent preview" you mean 0.9.6? I was interested in the dll you posted above: how to use that in ACC / RBR (because it has different name that before).

19. Retrolux

@GoobMB ahh wait it will not work for RBR as this is the 64bit version and rbr needs the 32bit one. So you need to wait for the next vrtoolkit build.

20. Retrolux

@GoobMB Just updated the vrtoolkit to v0.9.7. You can use the *32.bit dll and use it in RBR (Reshade.asi in plugin folder)

VRToolkit

• Like Like x 1