1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see it as a feature I actually like

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

A warning if my wheel is not centered when I am not in control, eg when driving out of pits. I think assetto corsa has this which I find handy to stop slamming into walls as soon as i am given back control.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please give the game the option to record/save the fastest lap of a race for replays. Now, you gotta use the fast forward button for ages just to watch the lap when it was done at the end of a long race.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ANJAROO

ANJAROO New Member AMS2 Club Member

Suggestion: allow a range of Skill/difficulty level for Bots. For example instead of selecting difficulty "100" you select difficulty "90 to 110".

Reason: Right now the bots stay single file very close to each other for quite some time. Also if you want to race with some friends who are a different skill level than you - you could have bots in play for both of you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. ANJAROO

ANJAROO New Member AMS2 Club Member

Suggestion: Similar to tracks, allow everyone to use any cars in a multiplayer session that they join.

Reason: Multiplayer is lacking players as of since i started playing at least a year ago. The GTE cars are epic. It's hard to get a full lobby with them. It would help increase the MP presence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

My multiplayer wish list:
    • Allow start from pits if you miss race start. Prompt the player at 5 seconds left or something. Got disqualified in grid today in an online race while I was in the setup menu. Maybe my countdown was out of sync because I'm pretty sure it was still showing time left.
    • Add an entry field for average lap time so the setup and quick setup screens can show estimated time as well as estimated laps for the amount of fuel.
    • Provide more details on connection quality for each player such as latency and packet loss.
    • Pit strategy overhaul. Needs to be a method or option to adjust strategy during a race and not modify the global saved strategy. Tire pressures should be offsets in relation to the current setup. A compound option for same as current setup would be nice. Fuel as a percentage or offset from current setup would be nice.
    • Ability to rejoin a session after disconnect or crash is a must have.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fast forward / backward with factor x20 /x50 for faster spooling (or better a jumpbar)

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Enable TT leaderboards for all cars on the kart tracks please. Having lots of fun with non karts but missing the leaderboards. Also, add handbrakes to more cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

when selecting a car, the full car list needs a scroll bar

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I second this sentiment.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

TT leaderboard is working for Granja Viana kart stage 2, for early released cars.
    Nice driving btw

12. itnoetic

itnoetic New Member

Let me adjust the position of my wheel so I can get a clear view of both the road and the dash in VR when the in-game wheel doesn't have a screen on it. A lot of cars are undriveable or uncomfortable for me because the in-game wheel has to be so far from where my hands are IRL for me to be able to see the road. And oftentimes, I have to choose between seeing the road or the dash.

Even my dinky Hyundai lets me adjust the wheel position. If this is supposed to be a high-fidelity sim, it should let me adjust the wheel position.

13. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

I think that this has already been said before, but still I would like to see the settings for the position of each camera, as it is implemented in the same ACC. This is a really important little thing that needs to be done.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BD992000

BD992000 New Member

FFB: adjustable deadzone removal for the default ffb profile. This would really help us Logitech G29 users, because there is a significant amount of playy in the center.

UI: please improve navigation with buttons/controller. Often the exit/back buttons for example are only usable via mouse, which makes navigating the menus in VR a pain.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Option in graphics menu to limit the amount of rendered head lights (or their shadows) to decrease the difference in fps performance between bright and darker / rain races. This would help a lot to profit more from the dynamic weather system (29 AI cars switching on their lights suddenly) and night races.
    This was also mentioned in a performance thread of the forum, and I think its a great suggestion.
    Edit: Found the thread: Can we et an extra graphics option for car headlights | Reiza Studios Forum

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

A simple weather "radar" indicating a bit which weather to expect during practice, qualifying and race when using the real weather data (or also random?). This should not be 100% precise but rather mimic knowledge you would have during a real race weekend. If you know there is a thunderstorm around in this area, there is a chance for heavy rain, but this doesn't mean it must actually happen. And the opposite situation, if its a very dry period in time, its very likely to stay dry, but again not 100% guaranteed to be so.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. vinicius alvarenga

vinicius alvarenga New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.0.1
    Request: Time Trial History
    Description: Instead of just deleting the current time-trial database, please provide the community with a way to verify their historical lap times.
    Humble implementation suggestions:
    1 - Display a "pre v1.3" label on lap times or show the pre v1.3 leader board in a different menu entry / tab.
    2 - Export the relevant TT entities (driver-name, lap, track, car-class) from TT DB and share it with the community so developers can re-render that information in a simple website.
    Benefits: Keep drivers engaged knowing that their results won't simply vanish. Even if a new version of the physics engine is put in place. What was achieved by a driver still remains visible and preserved else where.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

Based on Game Build: V1.3.0.0.1894.avx
    Request: Tyres heat colors (or indicators) on widget.
    Description: When we use a new full tachometer, there are no tire temperatures on it. This is very inconvenient and even corny deprives of important information in the race. It is already worth completing the widget with the brakes and tire pressure to full value and adding the temperature.
    Benefits: That's the way we can use the new full tachometer and see the temperature of the tires.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

Based on Game Build: V1.3.0.0.1894.avx
    Request: Shfting gear "Punch" on FFB.
    Description: Raceroom has an amazing little detail in FFB setup: gear shifting "punch" with adjustable strength via slider.
    Benefits: This is a pretty cool thing and very immersive, it's definitely worth adding to AMC2.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Can we have a "fun online day" in AMS2, where it is made impossible to chose GT3 cars for online lobbies? Bonus points if Monza is disallowed, too.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1