1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. EmanueleMarra

EmanueleMarra Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally! Thank you Reiza! ❤️

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Member AMS2 Club Member

Physics fix just in time for the CART content! Thats perfect. :)
    Amazing we get all the different chassis Lola, Reynard and Swift :). Paired with new AI features we can assign and relive those championships years in VR!

Way to go!
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Well, I think CART Extreme might finally be able to retire from it's throne given we have licensed chassis, changable drivers/liveries and a physics revamp
    Here's to hoping that's the case at least

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Woke up to the YouTube update and this update and I have to say, I'm excited! We are truly blessed with an intelligent development team. :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More content for Group C and GT1 is always appreciated!
    Really looking forward to the CARTs as well.

Great update!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

The physics updates sound amazing, that should go without saying - sounds like some of the drivetrain improvements will make the subtle differences to behaviour (and sound) that Raceroom introduced there and added a tonne of immersion that I never realised I'd been missing.

Exciting that you're tracking down issues that may have affected the engine in the past too, which I guess could assuage some people's "it's like project cars 2" vibe (although I fear a lot of people just don't want to like it or give it a chance).

Content-wise, I'm sort of assuming that Road America is the remaining circuit for Pt2, would be very surprised if it wasn't. Glad to see Watkins Glen make it in, CART or not. I will ask one more time, but without expectation, if there are any historic versions of these circuits planned? 70s or 80s Watkins Glen would be near top of my list. Will be amazing to see an 'official' version of Cleveland though, and to get to race multiple car types on it - Group C or GT1 cars here will be super interesting.

Whilst I loved CART (even got to see a race in Chicago in 2000), the single seater content isn't my go-to, but I'm super impressed that you have the licenced manufacturers (especially tracking down the owners of Swift and Reynard IP!) and hopefully the chassis' each have some individual quirks.

And then the Nissans; that's a fantastic bit of news that the GT1 and Group C classes will both expand soon, two excellent car choices there. I'm assuming from the last diary that Aston Martin are one of those being finalised, whilst fingers crossed Ford may be another (with some vintage class expansions). Really appreciate that you're focusing on expanding existing classes.

I'm really looking forward to AI customisation options, but would love to know if manageable, multiclass grids are in the future roadmap. If we have no way of picking which of those drivers shows up it loses a little bit of its impact (though don't get me wrong, still grateful and consider this a HUGE step in the right direction).

Thanks all at Reiza!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just epic Reiza. So much goodness coming in the next little while.
    Hopefully some day DLSS will make its way in. I think something like that is a necessity in sim racing if having large grids and changeable weather. Even monster gpu's can still tank in certain situations in sim racing.
    Looking forward to all you are bringing us now and in the future, keep up the great work!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

WATKINS GLEEEEN YESSS

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I would err on the side of caution in general: if a car has issues elsewhere, a bit of flex or diff work is not 3M duct tape. However constant bumpiness is unavoidable at some tracks - like say Long Beach - even if the suspension is well tuned. Then you really need all the help to take some stress off the tire treads working overtime longitudinally. Just thinking about T5 or the end of East Seaside Way which are both very bumpy.

Having said that I think Group A is still worth checking out in beta :). I'm not downplaying these changes, just a small reminder about the complexity of physics and handling per car.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really amazed with what I can read here!
    Honestly, sometimes it is a bit hard to wait for another dev update because of all that amazing stuff reiza is doing right now.
    It seems that Madness engine can really stretch it legs now with reiza doing proper work behind the scenes, honestly I've never expected it to be that good (even as it was hinted quite a few times).

Really looking forward to everything that has been written up here, really really hoping online racing will get a big bump with this. Waiting for some regular league activity since months, hope we finally get there.
    FFB is also something which I'm really looking forward. Got used to the default mostly now, but more improvements? Yes! Going to take that of course.
    And finally, "Formula USA", that's going to be amazing, especially with Watkins Glen added, one of my very favourite tracks out there, this will simply be something special.

There is only a few wishes left I really would like to see added to the game, but with every update that list gets smaller and smaller. Simply, thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. th3orist

th3orist Member

omg 1995 indycars...i was so in love with the 1994/1995 indycar mod for rfactor, can't wait to take these again out for a spin

12. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

should be R89C as run at Nürburgring

edit: but with the paint of the LeMans/Fuji-Round it is a bit of a meshup...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget to use the notformedia branch of the beta, which is password protected.

14. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

The amount of work you're putting in the upcoming 1.3 patch looks massive! Thank you guys!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone remind me please when the updates will be released

16. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please read the first part of the update and you will see.

17. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Looking very good. I don’t however see any mention of the Aston Martin and various other cars that were shown before in preview pics. Do we still get them? Apologies if already discussed

Baz

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have always been critical of Reiza move to Madness but I'm happy to see they seem to be getting this right after all this time.
    Here hoping if they advance this well enough they won't be forced to abandon it all again. I also wish they'd start a new marketing effort after they get this all right, starting with a new name if licensing deals allow it. Automobilista is a bad name, imo. It doesn't help to gather new people.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, im guessing those are the brands that they are discussing some licensing stuff about as renato mentioned in the dev blog

20. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Erm.......Why is Queeg the profile picture in the player profile multiplayer screenshot? #RedDwarf FTW! o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1