1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope we get the old Laguna Seca layout. I've never seen another game with it, and it's so different. We really need it for proper races with the old cars. Idk how reasonable or necessary this is, but it would be nice to have some of the Group C cars (really just the nissan) relabeled or doubled as the IMSA GT class which they would be racing as in the US.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marcus Krüger

Marcus Krüger New Member

nice

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  3. CDRSeabee

CDRSeabee New Member

What about a Dodge Viper GT car?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any AMS2 streams would get NSFW tags. Maybe leave the Caterham out.

Sheep Don't Look.gif

Edit: Also, wasn't the Caterham from 2014? I believe that was the start of the V6 turbo-hybrid era, whereas the F-Reiza is a V8.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

You never fail to impress, great work and can’t wait to get my hands on that goodness! Nissan, now we’re talking!

6. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Indianapolis road and oval is a long shot in my books. Indy Road wasn't created until 2000 (for F1)... 1995 was last IndyCar to race at the Indy oval before the split (96 thru 08 was Indy Racing League days, ran their own chassis/engine spec)... and modern IndyCar didn't use the road course until 2014.

My guess currently would be Mid-Ohio, Road America or Portland. I originally guessed Belle Isle (which I would like to see and does fit the era) when they gave the hint of "think less buildings"... but that seems to have turned out to be Cleveland, which is a great choice on it's own.

A street course like Surfers Paradise or Toronto would be cool and both of them were staples for the series for those years (and Toronto still actively holding Indycar races to this day, except these recent years due to Covid travel restrictions). Thing about Vancouver Indy is it had three layouts during this era... 90-97 (old layout around BC Place with tons of chicanes... poor man's Montreal), then 98 (first of the new layout), 99-04 (the final layout for CART). I'd also love St Pete, but Indycars didn't start racing there until 2003 (though the track was used for SCCA and other events before that). However all of these would be tons of work due to them being in a downtown core with lots of buildings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. uelas77

uelas77 Member

Indy Cars is another great addition! Long time memories in the early 90s... these 2 titles majorly remained in my memory, I guess you remember about these too

So happy for what is comin' next from Reiza!

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for making me use my eyes, indeed it does :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

CART isn't complete without 90s Portland and its dirt filled festival turns chicane from hell.

10. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

This makes me want to fire up Pitstop II on my C64 emulator. It didn't model elevation changes, but it did get some tracks pretty close. And you had to deal with refueling and tire management.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMSUnofficial has organised scheduled races for AMS2 using the third party JustRace portal.

You would be very welcome to come and join us. We have a race tonight in fact (Formula Vee at Interlagos replicating a real event).
    amsunofficial.justrace.net

A few other communities on JR using AMS2 as well (SteelReserve, WolfPack).

• Like Like x 8
  12. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

so i would also say that its pretty surely Road America that will be added to the game.
    the one brand is Aston Martin and they will add GT3, GTE and GT4 cars.
    realistically speaking, Audi might be one of the more affordable big brands left

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Indy 500 was the game that made me finally swap from my trusty and beloved Amiga 1000 to a 286 / 16Mhz PC. The frame rate difference was enormous. ICR 2 actually looks like it has pretty decent physics. Wish I had a wheel back then. Amazing games. Thanks for the memory :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't tell you how badly I want a Dodge in this game. Thing is Dodge seems to jump into and out of motorsports at the exact time periods Game developers choose to ignore.

We need a GT2 class though, for the GT1 cars. So maybe a Viper GTS-R, Porsche 993 era GT2, and a Corvette C5R as the obvious cars and the ill fated Vector M12 GT2, and the NSX GT2 as the never before seen in Sim Racing models?

Actually if you did it like that... You could have 3 generations of Porsche vs Corvette. 1970's, 1990's and 2020's

• Like Like x 7
  15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My running theory is any track labeled as 2020, they expect or want to do a historic version. Otherwise why make the distinction?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

To indicate its layout relative to the real world.
    Tracks change over time, so even with a single version of a given track, it would make sense to include the year, so that people know which year (i.e. layout) of the track has been modelled.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RWB_JaGGeD

RWB_JaGGeD JaGGeD

This is shaping to be a great update and yet again some more jam packed goodness. Glad to see attention paid to some of the bugs and am stoked to see licensing deals with manufacturers keep rolling in as well. The shift is starting to happen i believe and people are waking up to whats really going on with this sim . Love to see it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lukester

lukester Trey Ulbraking AMS2 Club Member

Yeah that mouse control for 200 laps in Indy 500 sure wrecked my wrist when I was a teenager. At least, I assume that's what did it.

• Funny Funny x 9
  19. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's pretty much my guess. RA is the most often licensed of PIR, Mid Ohio, and RA and those are the 3 road courses raced by CART in 95, 98, and 00 that are not in game. I'd prefer PIR or Mid Ohio, but I'm not complaining about more US tracks. I also think Audi makes the most since with the recent partnership with VW and the fact we already have the Porsche license.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, please! Give us all of that 90's-2000's IMSA goodness.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1