1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. krissangel

krissangel Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just made corrections for the few names with special characters and it stills crash. I think the problem is more with custom liveries

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Important: To make it easier for sharing and installing skinpacks+drivers, we changed the custom ai drivers file name and location:

Basically now the custom ai driver xml files are divided in one file per vehicle, and they go in folder UserData/CustomAIDrivers folder of steam Automobilista 2 folder. More details in the first post.

This change should be present in the next steam beta update.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When you go to another Class the first drivers doesn't line up you start in the margin, I would line it up with the </Driver>, Don't know if this causes problems I think it shouldn't , (I didn't check all grammar)

You could break it up in 3 classes and test them one by one, That is how I made my xml's

4. SaxOhare

That means I have to split Classes with more the 1 car ?
    I rather would see it per class, that makes editing in a logic order and distribute them much easier
    I now order them by Champion ship ranking or Wet_performance and can change the values in one spreadsheet sheet column from high to low, If they are split in cars I have to make jumps, or up and down in the column or back and forward in different columns on different sheets
    One Skinpack goes with one custom_ai_drivers.xml

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. krissangel

krissangel Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you can do both. if you read the first post (i'm not english spoken so maby i'm wrong), it seems u can do Per class and per car

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

In that way we are going to have as many xlm files as we want? That sounds more logical than having one file..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  7. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

So I am working on a custom AI file for GT1, I picked 6 drivers per car (inculding the Nissan, might do more later drivers though).

Can someone explain how exactly defending, aggression, race skill and qualifying skill scales?
    If 50% aggression means the values used are the ones from the AI file, does 25% mean they are halved?

And I would also love to know your guys experience with how big the differences in these stats are in game, so I can decide where my starting point should be.For aggression and defending I picked it at 0.9, with the lowest being 0.8 and the highest 1.0, but should I rather use 0.5 and use the full range?
    Same for race skill and qualifying skill, I dont know if the differences are too small if my range is from 0.85 to 1.0.

8. gian

yes, exactly.

9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

So how does a value like 0.90 scale with 75% agression then?
    And race and qualifying skill sets the maximum value then? So if I use 90% AI strength and 1.0 raceskill, I get the 90 AI strength in race?

10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just for the sake of reference - we are going to follow the suggestion of making the files split per class (rather than per car), and we are going to add the option to disable liveries (so people can customise how many cars of each model gets loaded in a class) - both of these hopefully will make it in time for initial v1.3 public release.

Further down the line, support for customizing driver helmets and suits.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. gian

75% slider causes the range to go from 0.0-1.0 to 0.5-1.0, so 0.90 is mapped into this new range and becomes 0.95.

No, the race and qualy skills scale differently than the aggression. They are mapped to a smaller range and the range is different for each car.

For example 90% strenght slider builds a range from 85% to 95% (just example, the exact numbers vary), so a 1.0 race skill driver would be 95% skill and a 0.0 race skill driver would be 85% skill.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Ah I see, thank you for the info.
    So it makes sense to use a bigger range for race- and qualifying skill, aggression and defending.
    Are the exact ranges going to be released so we can create/adjust our AI files based on it?

13. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's great and very responsive...but the livery_name needs to be unique in each class. In the Carrera Cup both 4.0 and 3.8 models are called "Porsche Racing #911".

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SaxOhare

They use the same liveries, that's why they have the same name
    When you use custom liveries you can choose any name you want, (Probably already done in the Custom Skin Packs)
    Future feature to disable certain liveries could resolve this also.

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

@gian
    One question concerning the country code.
    Is the one of the IOC in use (Germany=GER, Netherlands=NED) or the one of ISO 3166-1 (Germany=DEU, Netherlands=NLD)?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  16. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@gian
    Perhaps there's something I'm missing but I don't see the mentioned 'UserData' folder within my AMS2 Steam installation. So I don't know where to put the specific AI files now....

Edit:
    I also tried creating these folders myself now and putting the ai files there with the correct naming but it's still not working.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the update - finally say bye to Rampanelli, Boundy, Lovric and Simioni (oops, sorry :whistle:).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. MrRandom287

MrRandom287 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does this also mean adding cars to each model? For example, could we have 8 Lotus 23?

19. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But now I have to have two drivers with the same name in that class. That was the point.

20. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

While I have nothing against those people, have to agree. A big immersion braker especially with skinpacks. With "fantasy" cars not so much.

Kudos to Reiza for introducing this feature.

• Agree Agree x 1