1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

Great news. for the 3rd track, i think he will be road america, but it may be COTA ot belle isle (detroit) or Gold Coast (surfers paradise)

For ovals track, except Daytona and indianapolis probably, i think more for Michigan, Fontana, Maybe Milwakee, Pocono, Texas, Phoenix or Homestead. And why not twin ring Motegi

2. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Motegi is in Japan. Think all tracks are from USA

3. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love to see Michigan International Speedway. I'm a Michigan native! Not holding my breath though. I'll be happy with whatever tracks they pick

• Like Like x 2
  4. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm definitely guessing Fontana is one of them. Not to bring this to tin foil hat world, but Renato mentioned how the 2000 champ car enabled gil de ferrans record or whatever right? And that was at Fontana. So, that's probably a clue. Half life 3 confirmed!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

is true but a second asian track will be good. Cart racing raced in Motegi

6. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

From the PC2 tracks it leaves us with 4 options: we can leave Sonoma and COTA out since they were never raced at by that era of cars releasing in pt2. Indianapolis will probably only be released with pt3 of the DLC since this will feature ovals. So that leaves us with Road America, because it's the only track who featured in that era of the indy/cart cars releasing with the pack. ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

This may age like milk but I do think the chance of it being Road America is way more likely than not honestly, if not close to a certainty

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope it's Road America. The 90s Indycars are perfect for this track.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have no idea on happy I am to be wrong and be corrected! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not done a lot of (sim) racing in CotA, but I sincerely don't like it. Don't find it flowy enough, but rather stutterish. Those esses where they tried to mimic the magnificent ones from Suzuka are supposed to be fun, but I find them quite awkward...

On the other hand, I also find Watkins Glen waaaay too flowy - races I've done there tend to be quite processional (but fast). Racing the oldies F1 there must be blast, though.

I also quite don't like Sebring, can't put my finger on why... damn I'm boring as **** lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Apologies for being a pain but I see your pc specs are almost identical to mine…. Is there any chance you could give me your vr settings and if your RTX2070 is nvidia could you post what you have in control panel?

if not no drama but thought I would ask
    Thanks
    Baz

12. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not everything, if I only want to change the tires on one side of the car (in some vehicles) this is not possible, I will have to have two strategies recorded, and if I use the one that changes the four tires, I won't be able to change it during the race .

13. sgsfabiano

My Rift S is faulty, I need to follow a very precise routine so it works. For this reason, I've changed to triples, and only use VR when I want to do short immersive races, which means I've not really tried to optimize any VR setting.

Will share the requested infos whenever I can, though.

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes true you can select two tires only although it is not very usual to change two tires only in most road racing classes. It's much more a Nascar thing which is not yet represented...
    Anyway at some point iirc the ICM will be revised so hopefully this point can be covered too.

• Like Like x 2
  15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Australian Supercars do it as well, because they have limited tire sets for the weekend.
    I agree that it's rare though, and very much a low priority 'nice to have' in the scheme of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Rouene plzzz
    go make modern gt legends and gp legends...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sgsfabiano

While it is indeed low priority, in the brazilian Stock Car they usually change only 1 tyre. I'd say if there was a "main" class in AMS2, it would be the Stock Car.

Tbh I don't really care much about this feature, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I hadn't noticed some tracks are missing years, so perhaps you're right.

Regardless - my point stands in terms of naming conventions (logically it makes sense to include the year of the track). If many of them are missing, it would be nice to see it added at some point - at the very least to make things consistent (i.e. year listed for all tracks), but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

19. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

That's not a bad track, but seeing as everyone is hoping for their favourite American tracks, I'll say for the record (although I think I've said it in the past):

I'd really love to see Road Atlanta.
    I'd definitely buy a DLC that included that track, as I love its corners and undulations. I'm not convinced there's any plan to release it, but perhaps Reiza can find an excuse and the time to include it in a future DLC.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

COTA doesn't make sense though, because this DLC is about 90's Indycar. Which did race at Road America (which is the track I expect and hope for), but certainly not at COTA.

• Agree Agree x 1