1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer - What about your promise Reiza?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Robert Gerke, Jul 25, 2021.

1. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t wanna be that guy…but
    »It’s done when it’s done.«

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

dont want to be that guy... but are u gonna be that chill if u buy a car and the guy says "wheels should come next week", week later he tells you "its done when its done" :whistle:
    meanwhile ur money is already gone ^^

aspecially considering that the DLC was release nearly 1 year ago

on a more ontopic note:
    i dunno how active the beta is, in regards to multiplayer, but i see it in other games like DCS world, where the already rather small online community is split into the stable and beta build(s).
    then further splitting the players into their preference of gameplay (ww2 planes/jets etc) servers and u end up with servers capable of holding alot of people at the same time, but in reality u have 5-10 players, who rarely see each other.

the beta builds are open to everyone, they serve more like a PTE but people mainly play on those and some only play on stable build, and then u have the other other ones that only play on way older builds.

in regards to ams2, i am not sure about this one, but i assume people who have the beta, dont want to constantly update their game to switch between beta and live build right?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good comparison, except I'd probably compare it to a missing rear screen wiper than such essential thing as wheel. You can still enjoy driving your new car, but won't be able to clearly see behind. Still very much driveable car :p

Or would you rather get the old Spa now and then complain about bugs and issues?

Good things take time - we have a lot of other tracks to enjoy in the meantime. We'll get it when it's ready and appropriately polished.

4. MasterLooser

i wouldnt say 1/3 of the dlc missing is equal to a rearwiper missing.
    more like all the doors are missing, ofc u still can drive and enjoy the ride..

5. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you insist it's doors, fine. Then I insist the car is a beach buggy :p

The bottom line it'll be released when it's ready. Regardless of which part is missing from which car.

6. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Beta and release version are independent installs, so you can jump into what you want at any time.

7. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

And BTW this comparison is total nonsense.
    You got a fully working DLC with two great layouts and the promise of an additional one in the future.
    So in the comparison with the car you got one fully functional one and the option to a free upgrade when it's ready.
    What's wrong with it?

8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The release has been postponed until sometime in 2022, I would also like to have this circuit I think we can only wait and enjoy what we have and what is being released in the meantime

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you! That's all I was asking.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

Also the session says Q but then when I JOIN..it says it's racing. :rolleyes:

11. MasterLooser

that just means u cant join right now, prolly due to being to close to qualy end

• Agree Agree x 2