1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Tuvalu

Tuvalu New Member

Pls never do what Kunos did with their latest update. A lot of the users have still crashes and all what they did is updating the minimum requirements to win10.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

With my old AMD 580 and ACC the FSR option really helped a lot, graphics do look sharper because I don't need to scale them down that much anymore (still not as crisp and smooth as AMS2 of course). Regarding the new tire model, there are even some curbs now pulling me off track. Somehow that reminds me something ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

For me FSR, (as I don't have an RTX card), made playing ACC in bright sunshine with shadows playable (albeit at around 55-60FPS).

But, the clarity is not that good (for me anyway on an 49" 1440p). I reverted back to my other settings and run in cloudy conditions to eliminate the shadows as that seams to be the biggest FPS killer.

I think to get the most out of ACCs graphics you really need to run almost everything on EPIC, which requires a fairly beefy GPU to do it.

For me, rF2 and iRacing look way better than ACC in terms of visuals (which may upset a fair few ACC people).

AMS2 also looks a lot better and crisper, although sometimes there's something cartoony about the graphics - not in the rain, in the rain/fog/cloud it's superb, but during the day time it can look cartoony.

I think there's something odd about shadows or the glossiness of the cars - it's just not quite there for me, but it may change in the future.

Looking forward to the update :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Idk about that, maybe the FFB is a bit more communicative but it still doesn't strike me as very similar in feel. But the one thing they stole from AMS2 is that the 720S is just as overpowered compared to all the other GT3 cars. Everything else seems to have this annoying mid-corner understeer regardless of whether you are on or off the throttle, but the 720S just turns on a dime and seems way more nimble than any other car I tried.

5. think

think New Member AMS2 Club Member

The weekend will start in a few hours. Any chance to have some time with the new update this weekend?

• Like Like x 11
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a beefy card with everything on epic on a 3840 x 1600 monitor and it is still a blurry mess. The ffb and feel is so much better now though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Tried ACC with DLSS in VR, with my RTX 2080. Performance wise I noticed it ran ok with VR medium settings and DLSS quality setting (before I had to use VR Low to achieve similar performance), but not always at 90 fps and the image clarity is by no means closer to AMS2. It's the same blurry mess than before for me.

About handling with the new tyre model and FFB, it seems a little better than before, but FFB still is not what I expect. Drove the Porsche back to back with AMS2, and I answered myself why I didn't boot ACC in the last year to play only AMS2 :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

As a Betatester,i would say with a little luck sometime on Saturday,who knows a fixed time?
    I can confirm,the Devs and the Betatesters are working 24 hours to fix the big Update and push it out when every known bug is fixed.Stay tuned,get a drink but give a few more hours to us please.:)
    You all will be surprised about the physics and the FFB....

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You will love the update! As for the overall look I tend to agree. It seems a little over saturated. I use a custom Reshade plugin to tone it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Hoshi

Hoshi New Member

I just use the digital vibrance setting in the nvidia control panel for this purpose and turn it down to approximately 40%.
    I can't waste any resources on my rusty GTX 1060 :)

Can't wait for the patch you guys at Reiza, AMS2 é muito legal!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Yes weekend!

• Like Like x 2
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Weekend is here!!!

Before final release, REIZA, could you fix that issue with tachometer in the VW cockpit, please!
    VW.jpg
    The new Monaco is really lovely, thanks!
    ss180546.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Meant for beta forum?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Mine was the same until I made sure my Nvida control panel was set to default settings , set ACC to Default epic and then put the Dlss on quality and did the opposite to the menu recommendations for dlss sharpness, which means turning sharpness way up, rather than recommended zero.

15. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Are we there yet?

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

From the development blog. "the new Automobilista V1.3 update is expected to arrive towards the end of this week." So yes please can we have it for the weekend?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i thought it was odd that they recommend to have sharpness at zero. I gave not fiddled around with CP settings too much. I think it is going to need some fiddling to see what works best without killing fps. Have you tried NIS? Does that do anything? I don't know how in their streams it all looks perfect.
    If 1.3 comes this weekend what a great few days that would be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

I don’t even know what NIS is ?

19. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it's an image scaling method, end result is very similar to FSR and it works at the driver level. So if you have an nvidia GPU you can enable it in any game. Depending on the quality level you use you can get a meaningful bump to fps for a very minimal loss in image quality. Works well with AMS2 and everything else I've tried it on so far.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Oh so just dlss then , had me confused