1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Magus thanks for the reply, I fixed the bad brake pedal signal by running a wire from the GND terminal of the pedal controller board to the frame of the brake pedal. It could have been like this for a very long time. Also added a return spring to make sure the load cell returns to zero.
    Yes USB seem to be an issue. I have only done the update so far might need to do a clean install like you have.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  2. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

well guys I've just tested the latest beta internal only did a little race with the Caterham Superlight at Oulton Park Island and the FFB on the newest Default+ is absolutely fantastic. It is so rich and informative that the really fine levels of control of steering and power are just a delight to experience now and it elicits such high levels of confidence. hehe I'm in LOVE :p
    I see in SC4 I'm using the Cloud version for the beta line. In game I've got
    Gain 55
    LFB: 9
    FX: 35
    Damping: 7

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wayne Whitmore

@neal thanks for posting I will give those settings a try out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Katch922

Katch922 Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. neal

just a heads up @Wayne Whitmore but I've upped the Damping in-game to 100%. A long standing complaint/dissatisfaction of mine has been a lack of nice wheel centering that you get from the caster geometry. Upping the damping seems to have helped a lot and doesn't take any info away. Just had a couple of incredible races, the feel of the cars and the finesse of control now possible is just :eek:. Anyway you might like to try it see if you like it too.

7. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Can someone give a simple explanation on what Damping actually does? I have mine at 50, but I'll be playing around with it today, I think I'll be reducing that further.

8. neal

IINM it works differently for DD wheels compared to belt wheels. The only difference I noticed and I tried across the 0 - 100 full range is the wheel gets a bit more resistance when turning.

9. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Ya I didn't like on 100, but on 50 feels fine, I'll do some testing on 25 and 0 see how much diff I can feel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Ok after some testing, I think 0 is the best setting for damping imo :p Try driving into the sand off the track with 50 damping, man my wheel never shook that hard before. Maybe 0 to 5 would be okay, but I will stick to 0 atm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wayne Whitmore

The game is now maturing nicely. This update about the journey of using my Accuforce wheel has provided a most believable driving simulation.
    This update is for version 1.3.1.1.1917
    While the in game FFB settings give a very solid base the Simcommander 4 software continues to add the cream on top for me.
    My profiles while connected to the cloud base tuning and the message confirms known combinations and the profile getting changed to suit, my profiles remain unchanged after receiving the message, but checking is always advisable.
    The profile is very basic with just the addition of a tiny bit of lateral G to give a slightly more believable cornering feel.
    While FFB is a personal opinion and influenced by each user’s PC hardware and situation these settings I am now using should give others a good beginning if nothing else.
    The most important note for me is that the “Default +” simply brings in too much outside noise for me, resulting in a driving on cobblestones rather than tarmac feeling for me.
    upload_2021-12-11_12-22-46.png

upload_2021-12-11_12-23-7.png

upload_2021-12-11_12-23-25.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Nice Ill give it a shot. That's pretty similar to mine, I'll try Default again instead of default+. Do you find with cloud settings you get too much random variation or you actually like the cloud profiles? I went away from cloud profile and I find I get more predictable ffb settings.

My goal is to cover each car, and I get the chance to finally drive each car in the game. Very time consuming tho.
    Steam Community :: Guide :: AccuForce Pro v2 FFB Settings + Car Specific Settings (Game v1.3)

13. Wayne Whitmore

@Katch922 , I use the lock on my critical settings so the cloud tuning does not effect those and I see little to any change to my profiles even with cloud saying tuning applied. A very nice set of car settings completed so far well done. My big savior is keyboard mapping for FFB gain + and - which I use for each individual car when on track.

14. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Wow I feel stupid, I never used that keybinding. I will now.

15. Justin Man

Justin Man New Member

Do you guys have engine rpm on? I have mine on and still does not feel the rpm change.
    Im using cloud-tuning btw.

16. Wayne Whitmore

@Justin Man , sorry no I always turn it off, I have never felt any increased immersion using it, just added noise that detracts from all the good stuff that comes through the Accuforce wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Yes I use it, I like it for immersion and yes should work with cloud profile and without. If it doesn't work, it's not good, maybe none of your other SC4 settings are working either. I'd play around with it see if you can get it to work. Crank it up in case you can't feel it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. neal

just a heads up for SimCommander 4 users, there was an update today and it has messed up all the launchersj which I have no idea how to fix. So for example I can't now run the AMS2 beta because I don't know how to point to it now in Steam I have a list of 3 to choose from but none of them point to the beta version and auto discover does not auto discover the beta either. :mad:

19. Wayne Whitmore

@neal ,yes Ibhad the same issue. First I deleted all existing prifiles, rhen insettings deleted all games listings and then used auto locate games to have the games relisted. Once games were detected beta included I then just used auto discover to reinstall profiles.

• Like Like x 1
  20. neal