1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can somebody recommend a custom ffb file for the ClubSport Wheelbase 2.5?

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I use rFuktor 3.6 fix (High power version) on my CSL DD in CSW2.5 mode so maybe try it out or use the medium version to account for less "directness" since you are on a belt wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah for me there was no difference. I moved from DD1 pre-set to custom when I went for a custom wheel on my DD wheel base just to be able to map buttons etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

It was my concern it changes something with ffb if you choose DD1 over CSW (or any else combination). I always mapped my own presets. There wasn't a game released with good-ish button mapping with any wheel-rim ever.

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience there is no difference in FFB feeling at all.
    If you have the whole Fanatec bundle it's faster with the pre-set of all the axis. But the minute you stick another brand of wheel on your Fanatec you are anyway forced to move to the custom instead of pre-set and that was why I had to use it.

6. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Expecting new hints of FFb setup, with this brand new AMS2 version, from ";)the guys"!!

7. think

think New Member AMS2 Club Member

What are the recommended settings for the new default+ profile?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

Hmm.
    New update is anyway good occasion, but with my G923 can't find any smooth and not so rattling setup now. :(

9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Same with my TS 300: Default setup feels completely weak now, Default + a little bit better when I increase gain and low ffb boost up to 100, but still everything feels softened and I have no feeling for bumps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not sure about others, but for me it works with the exact same settings that were best for the regular Default. FX may have to be lowered if you find some things too harsh (the new effects are part of that slider). Don't be afraid to play with LFB and Damping. Neither of them are supposed to be at 0 nor do either of them ruin the purity of the FFB if you crank them up. Old wives' tales. Just adjust to what feels natural or best for you and your wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

I was very happy with default setup on my TM TMX, but it feels rubbish now with default and default+ using the slider settings i previously liked. What a pain, as it took ages to get it where i was happy :-(

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Indeed some help would be useful! But it is still much better than it used to be.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I recommend deleting the custom ffb settings file, so that it’s implementing the new ffb system from a clean slate.

there is some new code in default custom by the looks, so if it’s not being included in by not starting with a fresh file, it my not work as intended

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You can keep using Default if that's easier!

If you post your settings here I am sure some helpful people with the same wheel will try to help.

The simplest thing is to start with the defaults of every slider at 50. Pick your favourite car or one that you know really well. Pick a track that has lots of interesting surface variations and curbs and so on plus some faster and slower sections. Oulton Park is a good one that I prefer (Classic layout, of course).

Adjust for overall strength/weight of steering first (Gain). Then adjust LFB up or down to give the right amount of cornering forces versus straight ahead/self-alignment. Then adjust Damping so the level of "springiness" versus more friction/resistance is to your liking. Then, last, adjust FX for road surface, curbs, and so forth.

It usually only takes a few minutes if you start at the middle (instead of some recommendation from wherever) and go in the order I suggested paying attention to what each slider is actually doing. And ignore the recommendations that certain things need to be at 0 because of your superior hardware.

The problem, which I have done myself too many times, is moving more than one slider at a time or moving them without really knowing what is supposed to change.

It's worth the few minutes because we all know if FFB is not dialed-in properly for our hardware and personal preferences, it's really hard to enjoy the rest of what the sim offers.

15. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

and don't forget

IMPORTANT: You must delete your Automobilista 2\savegame\[User Profile Number]\automobilista 2\tuningsetups to reset your car setups to their original settings - failure to do so may result in a broken driving experience (it is not necessary to delete your other game settings)

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, had a crisp, crunchy and raw FFB on my TS 300 before the update. Now everything feels smoothed out, no matter which settings I use.

17. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@deadly
    @Sting Ray

Sorry about your FFB issues.
    My TM TX Leather Edition is very similar to a T300 and felt ok before v1.3 and much better now.
    Since you deleted ffb_custom_settings.txt before setup Default+ all I can suggest is double check if you're running the latest drivers/firmware from TM.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, I have the drivers. I just don"t like a FFB like that. I want it raw. No damping. They adjusted something on the gyro/damping which the majority seems to like, but I truly hate it.

19. Hatch

Hatch New Member

T300 user here and these are the settings I've settled on
    In the CP
    900° rotation

In game
    Default +
    60 gain
    5 low force boost
    65 fx
    25 damping

I found this gave me a good feel for the cars without the kerbs being too aggressive. The F3 cars needed the fx turned down a touch but all other cars that I've tried have seemed OK

Not sure if it makes any difference but I'm using the open wheel rim

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks, but 65% has always been too low for me, I need stronger forces (matter of taste ;)).
    And I tried damping these days for the first time in decades and soon switched it off after a few laps. I do not want damped effects in any racing game.
    The default and default+ just do not give the pure, raw road feel I had before in most classes I have tried so far. Using an old custom file now, feels much better. But before the latest update, I was fine with default.
    But thanks again for trying to help.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021