1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

ONLINE quote from pc2:: If you race and win against drivers who are a lot better than you, you’re going to get a lot of points—similarly, beating drivers who are slightly better will also see you get assigned a decent point score. If you beat drivers who are worse than you, you’re still going to get points, but not as much as if you beat higher-ranked drivers. Of course, should you lose against drivers who are ranked lower than you, you’re going to lose points.
    The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
    This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.end quote
    So from moment of update all should be u1500. but may be bugged hence your number?

All yours online i assume
    What does your stats page look like? races entered /finished, online /offline etc screen shot if you can early days so maybe issue. All working this end correctly
    ie Online with just players .also with ai and players
    20 players+ 1 ai -or 20 ai and 2 players
    I /we can assume ams2 will be the same or very close as a basis
    Join my server if you wish to try in 5 mins @amsimp[

.Server Maser v6 test

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hello,
    TS PC Racer here
    gain 50
    Lfb 50
    fx 65
    dumper 50

3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a very similar experience did a 30 lap race at Nurburgring Veedol in P3's started mid pack, 20x time acceleration, real weather and a mandatory stop. Best experience to date, AI were respectful but still battled, no getting rammed into T1 and when I did have some contact I didn't bounce off them like I'd been hit by a train. Have to say though real weather with time acceleration is just cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Only tested a few cars but they felt great. Previously GT3s felt very slidy compared to other sims. They still move a bit but in a good way, wheres before it felt bit arcadey.
    Did one online public race and this is the busiest I've ever seen the servers. Ran in a race with 27 entries (and there was many populated like this), incredible for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most of the cars feel very good now with GT4 class in my opinion, as an example, significantly better than ACC counterpart (worsened after latest update).

GT3 and GTE seem to remain the weak spot in AMS2 exceeding in forgiveness or unpredictability depending on the model. I don’t care much about those classes but, being the most used in other games a second pass would be beneficial…

6. fnugen

fnugen New Member

I now have the ffb feeling pretty good. I read about how some drivers feel when the tires lose grip/slide. I don't think I am feeling this still. I hear the tires skidding, but the wheel doesn't lighten like the front has lost grip. Which setting affects this feeling in the car? Thanks @Marc Collins for the explanation on getting the ffb feeling better. It made a difference for me.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

@deadly @Domagoj Lovric
    I’ve just done a quick test of various cars, and the custom custom file :D is working fine for me without any changes to my preset settings and it feels great( maybe even better…. Insert placebo) .
    And switching to default+ Just requires a Liittle less gain and good amount of damping.

it’s a close run thing but for a slightly tighter feel more consistently between cars , I still prefer Custom file, but the similar feel is striking, but Custom file is easier for myself to dial in at least.
    :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a log file for MP sessions I join with details such as weather and track progression? Was getting major brake lockup and big clouds of smoke with ABS on 8 and 95% brake force in the 720S GT3. That has not been my experience in TT or offline races, so wanted to see how different the conditions were.
    On the plus side it was easy to do donuts when the race was over.

9. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza for this early present. I took a couple cars out, to get a first impression feel, and what a feel it is. A have ts-pc, Thrustmaster cp 75,100,100,100, and default in game. Still tweaking but feels great out of the box.

10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm absolutely mystified by this new bug I encountered in every single multiplayer session as of now. As the lobby gets more people, I suddenly lose straight line speed; losing up to three seconds in Monza in the GT1. This has also happened in Group A Monza, but then I changed my graphics settings, which seemed to help, but then my speed dropped again mid-lobby. I'm not lagging, I'm just not accelerating as fast as anyone else (and also not as fast as myself a few laps ago).

11. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you using a custom FFB? If you are custom FFB files can cause a huge increase in CPU usage when in MP lobbies or races with a lot of AI. If you're in a test day session or with a very small MP lobby you probably won't see an issue, but it becomes one as a lobby grows. This increase in CPU usage causes your car and AI cars if you're in an AI race to run much slower.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That sounds a lot like a glitch I got on Pcars 1 on the Xbox, where the game would start playing in slow motion with a full grid.

Is your PC on the edge in regards to specs?

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah so you were in my server, did you experience it during the race as well? I saved the replay so can look tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dicra

It is. Especially that 8 GB RAM I have is minimum requirement afaik. Wasn't an issue until tonight though. Admittedly I never was in a 27 people lobby before tonight, but 20 people did happen and was not a problem.

The game isn't stuttering though, I'm just progressively getting slower on the straights.

I don't use FFB; I'm a pad player.

15. Dicra

Yes I did, hence I quit.

16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So you use controller? Can you post your PC specs?

17. Dylan Hale

So on Pcars 1, the game would start struggling over 24 cars. Granted, this was the OG Xbox one.

Pcars 2 would do the same thing with 12 to 14 cars on the OG Xbox. Moved upto the Xbox one X and it jumped back upto about 20 cars. (Until the changed the physics to try to make it more playable)

Ever since I moved to PC, I haven't had any issues at all unless I play in VR for a extended period like I did today. I noticed running the 1990's formula 1 cars on that south America oval track that I couldn't keep up with the AI despite running a indicated 210 MPH. So I might have experienced something similar. (After about 6 hours of play mind you)

The fix on Xbox was a hard restart, as what caused it is the console was out of ram. So try a hard restart of your PC and see of that helps. Did me.

18. Dicra

960 GTX Graphics Card
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Six-Core 3500 MHz

Anything else you'd need? And yes, I use a Dualshock 4, but that one can't really be the culprit. I did restart my PC already, which did not solve the issue permanently.

19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

So with the addition of Default+ profile, the CPU load was slightly increased. The profile isn't too complex (it certainly isn't 1000 lines of rFuktor code xD) but it could be that it just sent your CPU beyond the limit of what it can do when you are in heavy lobbies. Could also be linked to only having 8GB of RAM which is a bit on the lower limit I'd say.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Dylan Hale

After the restart did it work for a little while? Or have you tried again after the bug?