1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I won't tag Renato and the Reiza team (they are too busy) but I think they would appreciate that many of them are currently locked in an intense battle with Timo in a short GT3 championship. It's a compliment to Reiza's work that Timo applies himself so much.

You want intensity? Timo brings the fire, as do (AI) Renato, Domago and Rob. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

First look at the VW Polo TSI Cup at Kyalami

4. Just2Laps

First look at the VW Virtus TSI Cup at Hockenheim

5. Just2Laps

First look at the Azure Circuit Graphics Overhaul, no race, just cruisin' through Monte Carlo in a Corvette C3

6. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

5 lap (test) race around Monza Historic (no chicane) in the Formula Classic Gen 1's.
    These cars seem to drive pretty nicely after the latest patches (I'm having to do some work on my differential setup for the Sauber Mercedes C9, so I suspect things vary considerably from car to car).
    I think the AI still needs a little improvement though for these cars, as they don't seem to tune their cars enough to reach the same sort of speed that I do around this track. In this test race, they're on 100/100.
    I'll bump things up in future to see how quick they can go at higher skill levels.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure how realistic 400kph plus is.......

8. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I don't have (and haven't done) detailed maths on it, but a rough guesstimate based on production car speeds (Top 10 fastest production cars in the world: 400 km/h McLaren Speedtail slowest on this list), taking into account almost 1300 HP (830 nm of torque) and then the very small frontal area of the car, with wings set to zero - and I think that's probably quite realistic under the circumstances. The only other track I've ever seen 400 KPH on in this game was the end of Conrod Straight at Bathurst, using the same car with zero downforce - and that setup is not practical to drive around the mountain section.
    On this track the corners are pretty gentle. I imagine it was projected speeds like this and the inherent danger of this track that saw it phased out of competition.
    At least a couple of Le Mans cars have topped 400 KPH on the old version of the track (3 are listed here - Top 5 Fastest Le Mans Cars Ever | SnapLap), with much less than 1300 HP, so my I think my very rough guesstimate is probably reasonably accurate. Even the old Porsche 917 LH wasn't far off that speed (1970 Porsche 917 LH | Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum).
    Perhaps someone knows an F1 engineer who could provide an informed response.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  9. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Round 4 of the ANSR P1 Championship at Interlagos. In VR.

10. Just2Laps

FFB+ is really impressing, pushing AMS2 to the next Level of Sim Racing !

• Like Like x 1
  11. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Trying out the latest v1.3.0.0 updates on the brand new Laser-scanned Azure (Monaco) circuit in Automobilista 2 VR, driving the 1997 Ferrari F310B-skinned Formula V10 Gen1 car.
    While there may now be a new, laser-scanned version of Monaco, it still has no lights(or people) in the tunnel! :eek::D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just2Laps

I think the Default+ FFB profile has been improved again, am I right or is it just a "placebo" effect ?
    Here's a nice video after installing the Hotfix doing a timelapse race at the Green Hell from darkness into daylight during one lap with the Polo TSI Cup.

13. Just2Laps

Tried to stress the AI in a multiclass race today....
    resulting in being stressed myself ....

14. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Well - the Lotus 72E is definitely a whole lot better after v1.3.
    It was decent before, but now it's more predictable and very easy to slide around through corners. The back end can be controlled very nicely by modulating the throttle. I took it for a quick spin around the Nurburgring and now I'm going to spend some more time on it, tidying my inputs up a bit :)

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wanted to post something to say how much im enjoying the new update and appreciating the work put into it. (in this case, specifically whats been done with the diff). So I made this, and just to be fair made a direct comparison to ACC seeing as it has the same car & track combo. Hopefully it shows what im rambling on about clearly enough. Bravo Reiza!

16. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

17. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Testing another classic F1 car after the v1.3 updates. The Brabham BT46 is bonkers :)
    I love the driving style, but need some more practise and a couple of adjustments to my car setup, but keeping the throttle pinned through some sections where you really struggle to do it in other similar cars is a lot of fun. It definitely has a style of its own and I think it's likely to be a car you either get on with, or don't really like. I'm going to tweak things and test it again in hotter weather.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Group C @ Salvador, what a great combo!

19. OUTLAP

OUTLAP New Member

20. Gordon_Jacobson

Gordon_Jacobson Member