1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pAMS2Spotter (p stands for Perfect)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Apr 7, 2021.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Infinite grip, progressive grip (tires not wearing but being grippy lap after lap), no fuel, being a "solid object" (people hitting you would be destroyed like hitting a wall while you will not feel anything) etc etc

Cheating was a problem since rf1, I see lot of people being kicked/banned, the ability to read logs at the end of races and anti-cheat tools mitigated cheating to be near to no existent (but someone still tries).

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Off topic ! Is there such a thing on these forums anymore ?
    Have been checking the news and announcements thread for any updates recently and all you see on there is pages of info on hot cars formula !

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The announcement thread was always a bit more loose in terms of what is connected to it and what isn't. Sure.
    It's still very connected to changes, that were taking place in 1.1.3.5, though. (like the updated UI style, that shows inaccurate information, the reason, why the Hot Cars research discussion has started.) :)

In this case here, it has turned into a discussion about cheating, instead of the tool itself, that this thread was about originally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

This thread is now about content creators.
    Still one of his best videos :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

old but gold xD
    lil fun fact, at 00:17 u can see the g25 on the desk xD

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. MasterLooser

hey :)

i have just pushed v1.1 to github (see first post of this thread for link)
    Changelog below:

• removed Spotter that was used from CrewChief.
    • added new Spotter "Cursed" (still WIP)
    • a few minor changes and fixes
    • added compatibility for future Gameupdates (also works with beta and pcars2 now)

if you have previously used pAMS2Spotter:
    make sure to either delete the pAMS2Spotter.txt or make sure the txt file format looks like this:

Code:
    where the first 1 is on/off
    second 1 is the spotter (u can try to use 1, 2 or 3) but 2 and 3 are mainly for testing and arent really good
    and 100 is the volume

driven with keyboard

8. MasterLooser

hey :)

v1.2 just got pushed to Github (see first post).
    this update fixes all the bugs that i couldnt resolve since release.

Changelog for v1.2:
    This is a major update.

• fixed all random (wrong) Callouts.
    • fixed getting Callouts in Pitlane.
    • fixed getting Callouts while Game is Paused/Tabbed out.
    • some adjustments to "Cursed" Spotter.
    • added a MessageBox's if one of the required Addresses cant be found (could happen if game update changes something significant).
    if u find anything else thats broken, let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MasterLooser

seems like my attempts to make this crossupdate, worked as expected.
    no update needed for pAMS2Spotter, it still works fine,
    there will be a tiny update later for some general improvements tho.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MasterLooser

Hello everyone!
    Quite a bit has changed over the Months and hope you all are doing well.
    pAMS2Spotter has evolved quite a bit aswell,
    not only being a Spotter anymore.

here are some of the new Keyfeatures you might be interested in.

Flatscreen Radar showing the actual size of each individual Vehicle. (Helicorsa in good). Mixing Trucks and Karts? No problem you can tell the difference instead of hardcoded guessed Values that just confuse and make you scared while defending your Position.
    This isnt drawn in an extra overlay that you have to open everytime you start the game, it comes with the same DLL.
    VR Radar, essentially the same as the Flatscreen Radar but Native in VR without you having todo anything extra.
    You can also run both or only one at a Time.
    Fuel Usage Data Widget a tiny widget that shows you your average Fuelusage Live,
    Predicts how much fuel you will have by the end of the Race, letting you constantly know whether or not you should try to save fuel or if you can push hard (eg using boost's in cars that have it).
    Additonally tells you how much laps are still remaining in the Race, could be useful during a Timed Race with or without "+1".

The Link on Github isnt being maintained anymore and all new informations, guides and downloads can be found on the Discord Channel.
    Just like previously i value everyone Privacy and thus the Tool does not create any Connection to the Internet, on the negative side, this means you have to manually download the Updates, if any additions are made to the Tool or a larger Gameupdate breaks something.

Join the pAMS2Spotter Discord Server!

See you all on the Discord :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Great to see you didn't give up on your tool. Let the haters hate. ^^

• Like Like x 5
  12. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Hi,
    A couple of potentially obvious questions that I might have missed, but just for clarity and perhaps this will help anyone else trying to decide if this is worth testing (as that's what I'm trying to do) - and excuse me if these have been asked before.

1) Does this integrate with or replace Crew Chief ?
    I think I read in the past that it integrates with it and my understanding is your tool is effectively contained with a DLL that acts as a Crew Chief Plugin ...?

2) In the video you provided, can you please clarify what the black square box is ?
    Is this viewable in normal use ?

3) Can I assume that the track map with the other vehicles showing (which I think you're calling the "Flatscreen Radar") is moveable & can be toggled on/off like the native HUD widgets already in the game ?

If you could please answer those questions - that would probably tell me what I need to know to decide if I want to give this a test. Being honest - I love Crew Chief and I'm quite happy without a radar (and I like the way the spotter in Crew Chief works), but at the same time I can see the potential benefit of having a radar in the game. So I'm not sure if your tool is "for me", but good on you for doing the hard work involved in making something like this.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Can't answer much of this but I don't think this is a crew chief plugin

14. MasterLooser

Hey, first of all, this isnt a plugin for crewchief, you can use crewchief along side pAMS2Spotter if you wish todo so.
    for example, if u like crewchiefs spotter more you can freely disable the spotter in pAMS2Spotter and just use the other features while u keep crewchief running.
    you could also just disable the spotter for crewchief and use pAMS2Spotter's spotter while u keep the Pit Enginner stuff in crewchief on (i think thats what he is called, the guy that calls out tire temps, wear, other people's laptimes etc).
    so they can go hand in hand and you arent forced to choose one over another.
    one thing to note is, that they dont care about each other talking, so theres a chance one is actively talking and the other one just starts talking too.

2. the black box can (just like all the other features) be disabled at will. during practice/qualy/testday/time trial, this black box will only display the average fuel per lap.
    during the race, the box shows some extra info, such as expected laps remaining based on your fuel, remaining race laps, and how much laps of fuel you will have by the time you finish the race (0.00 laps would mean you are running out of fuel as you cross the line, -0.01 would mean you run out just before the finish line, 0.01 means you cross the line and still have fuel for a few seconds. 1.0 means you can do a whole extra lap etc)

3. the "flatscreen radar" is essentially just a top down view onto the vehicles center around your vehicle, letting you know where other people are in relation to you.
    currently you can only move it up and down, while it is fixed horizontally in the middle of the X axis(left - right). additionally you can change the size of the radar and its zoom, displaying the vehicles larger or smaller, however you like it

thanks for those words ^^ i think i mentioned it previously but this project was mainly meant for myself but whenever i tell people about it, they seem hyped and would love to see me making it public. so regardless what people say, aslong as i play ams2, i will prolly keep on developing this project, simply cuz i am actively using it myself, and if other people get enjoyment out of it aswell, than so may it be :)

• Like Like x 5
  15. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

OK - thanks for clarifying that, that all seems pretty clear then.

16. Ben35390

Ben35390 Member AMS2 Club Member

Radar doesn't work in VR with Rift S:(
    {
    "FlatScreenRadar": {
    "DrawBorder": false,
    "HeightScale": 0.5,
    "MasterSwitch": true,
    "RadarScale": 0.100000001490116,
    "VerticalOffset": 33
    },
    "FuelData": {
    "HorizontalOffsetFlatScreen": 5,
    "HorizontalOffsetVR": 5,
    "ShowInVR": false,
    "ShowOnFlatScreen": true
    },
    "Spotter": {
    "MasterSwitch": false,
    "Volume": 1
    },
    "VRRadar": {
    "DrawBorder": false,
    "HeightScale": 0.5,
    "RadarScale": 0.11,
    "VerticalOffset": 40
    }
    }

17. MasterLooser

are u using steamvr(openvr) with that headset? i am unsure how oculus headsets work, but if you are using steamvr it should work just fine

18. Ben35390

I don't use steamVR, it doesn't start with AMS2, and even if I start the SteamVR app first, it doesn't change

19. MasterLooser

unfortunately i am unsure how oculus rift s render the game and if they even use the openvr api.
    i have a vive, so i cant test it.

make sure steam vr is running before you start the game, than u should see the option like here
    [​IMG]
    and start in steam vr mode

20. Ben35390

In this case, AMS2 is working in VR but there is no image in steamVR, and VR Radar is not working.