1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

We thought it was pretty good before, although most of us accepted there was a pretty big flaw in the physics. Some may not have, but I for one think not accepting flaws isn't a good outlook for any fan of anything. Anyway, with that physics flaw pretty much gone it went from pretty good to very good with this update

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

that is no bug.
    Developers cannot care for faults anyone makes when inserting hacked files.
    Especially when he does it with wrong ones :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, a question, the physics review was for all cars in this update or for a part, I'm a little out of calibration, I used to ride only AMS2 but with the ACC updates and RF2 promotions, my perception about AMS2 is a little confused.

5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

GM having something good to say about this game? Wow, I guess this update really IS major, huh?
    Also there's something about him constantly flailing his hands around when he's not shifting that's kind of entrancing honestly

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Let the money flow. Gamermuscle crowd coming. Increase of quitters in MP, lol

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Basically almost all cars have some changes to one or another extend to tires.
    All clutch and geared LSD cars have fully fixed differential now. So all of them also with new diff setups, you need to wipe your tuningsetups folder (please read opening post).:whistle:
    Force Feedback has been updated and adjusted to the new physics. (Default+)
    Several cars also with new Setups (All GT3/E/4, for example)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like to thank you very much for this great update! :)

But at the same time, unfortunately, I can't stop expressing my criticism. Again, no improvement at all in the multiplayer area. And by that I mean all of the bugs, requests and improvements that have been reported to you.

Sorry, but with such an update, really not a single improvement of the MP in the Changlog? Very, very unfortunate and unfortunately says everything for the future :(

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So uhh... hate to be this guy but where's the Nissan's? Hopefully we get a Z for the 70's GT classics and a Skyline for the 70's touring

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that is very fair,there have been significant changes to the options available to hosts over the last year, but just to point out one from the current drop: the multiplayer rating system and the ability to restrict entry to hosted servers based on it.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who would say MP is perfect, but let's keep it in perspective, it is still being worked on.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From the Dev update:

We are happy to confirm we´re in the final stages of licensing arrangements with Nissan, which should see several models from the brand coming to Automobilista 2 if not already on v1.3, very soon after.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Whatever.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Whilst I would like those two too (ideally a Z with lights for night racing..., always spoiled the class in PC2 having some cars without lights), I think focus on the more likely candidates as the R89C and R390 GT1 (both with official pics) and the old GT3 (with sound files in game, though these could just be for the AJR prototype car).

But as for when, throughout the upcoming weeks for the first ones, as per the blog.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh my gooood!
    Reiza, you’ve just made the best sim on earth even better with latest update!
    Thank you so much!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Because before wasn't too far to actual status but you needed to rely on heavy modified setups to mitigate what wasn't working as intended.
    Now you don't need to modify base setups too much since it works already out of the box.
    Keep in mind most of the guys defending/praysing the game were also the ones helped finding/fixing the bugs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Oh yes, agreed. I'm not sure who'd want to race the VWs, other than maybe an owner or a dealership. Deeply undewhelming expereince! Everything else...totally amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

That's nice to hear.
    In terms of your complaints - I'm not going to get into specifics, but obviously:
    1) The developer's can't address every issue in every update - that's just not feasible. I don't mean to be condescending, but perhaps you could try to get some understanding of how the software development process works. If you tried to get _any_ group of developers to fix every single issue in a product immediately - in short, it won't happen (I have worked with many developers in a professional environment, including software testing and change management). And take another game as an example - something else I play that's completely different - "Pathfinder Kingmaker: Wrath of the Righteous" - there have been many updates since its release. It's an iterative process.
    2) Your statement about not a single multiplayer improvement is objectively false. You seem to be overlooking this part of the update notice:
    "The update also introduces the beta version of our Multiplayer Rating System - information on the mechanisms of the system as well as other relevant information for AMS multiplayer and its ongoing development will also be coming in its own dedicated thread soon."
    I have personally been enjoying the new ranking system, and it should prove more useful over time, as more people get to higher driver ratings.

...if you're unhappy, perhaps you should just take a break a chill out and come back to the game in a few days etc. Have a beer, smoke something, eat some nice food. Find another game to fill the gap, until the improvements you're waiting for happen.

• Like Like x 3
  18. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is pretty much my thinking. The game was fun before but it is noticeably improved now.
    The posts and Youtube videos of those essentially denying that the feedback regarding the cars not feeling believable had any merit certainly haven't aged well.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

Hey guys, I give you my 2 cents on this new update. I play literally all Sims and I've been playing intermittently in the last year also Ams2. When I first tested it last year I was very disappointed. Lately after update 1.2 things got definetely better but still needed improvement: bounciness, the infamous diff, the sudden oversteer after understeer. Now with 1.3 the driving feel improved a lot. Cars with longer suspension travel and manual gearbox are wonderful to drive around the track. Unfortunately I still feel stiffer cars very "simcadish" and somehow awkward, they are very hard to spin to say the least (Porsche Cup is an exception). The GTE are literally glued.
    I made a 1:1 comparison of the M3 on RRE and AMS 2 and they are quite close one to another (being the one in Raceroom my absolutely favourite car to drive in any sim).
    That said I think AMS2 is on the right track to success.
    Since last update I lost Hockenheimring from my tracklist. Does anyone know why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SoloWingX

SoloWingX New Member

Is everybody significantly slower with the new VW or vintage FWD Copa cars against the AI on the difficulty level they are competitive with say Stock Car, F3, etc. or I am doing something wrong with these cars? Just no grip and the AI flies past. Thought the AI calibration was going to solve it but now I am having doubts about my driving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2