1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differences Default FFB vs Default+

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gevatter, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Since somebody posed this question on Racedepartment it made me curious as well as to what actually are the differences between the two profiles? I picked up the odd information here and there, along with recommended test scenarios which feel very very good to drive mostly (Caterham Superlight at Oulton Park <3 )

So I know how they feel differently, Default+ for me is more spikey over curbs and a bit heavier with the same settings, but what is different under the hood? Does Default+ have additional features the old Default doesn't have? What about the per-car settings mentioned in the changelogs?

I'd appreciate any insight you guys can give me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Good question. I also noticed it feels heavier. I am not convinced yet that Default+ is better.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

As far as I understand the Caterham Superlight is the only car to feature the latest FFB tweaks in full, so testing that car to feel differences.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I tell you what, the new default + FFB and the dampening is down right perfect! Even in other cars to the Cat Superlight like the 74 RSR and the Vette, the dampening makes the FFB feel so much more in line with AMS1 so it actually feels like the steering wheel is actually turning tyres loaded on the ground. I can feel understeer, oversteer and all the track details but now the dampening gives it realism like never before in AMS2! I think @Domagoj Lovric found the AMS1 feeling in this latest main release :D Massive grin :D My only little thing is grass has very little feel, like no bumps or anything really.

My settings and on wheel is SEN Auto, FF 100, dri Off, For 120, SPr Off, dPr 100, bLI 100, SHo OFF.
    20211129173843_1.jpg

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The latest hotfix really elevated it again, didn't it? The FFB spikes have been reduced, which I like a lot.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'm back to tuning a custom profile but, not sure what's going on with Default & Default+.

I have a lack of road and scrub detail in both cases, even with FX maxed out.
    How much LFB are people using?