1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. vinicius alvarenga

vinicius alvarenga New Member

How much does it cost for a few developers to:
    1 - Create a backup of the current DB with the current lap times.
    2 - Create a script to read such backup, populate Json documents and write it down on the local operating system.
    3 - Develop a simple UI service that loads these Json files at startup and later displays the user-name + lap times as the user selects track and car class.
    4 - Deploy it in the cloud.

That Is the amount of money I'm willing to pay to Renato as I offered to do it for free :)

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm a fan of open-wheelers too, so far after the latest update I've tried F3-309, F-Classic G3M2, F-V12, F-V10G1, F-V10G2, F-Reiza, and F-Ultimate, all with default setup (except I change steering lock to 14, I use a Xbox 360 controller), only in dry practice at Silverstone GP & Nurburgring GP, I haven't tried races against AI yet.
    F-Ultimate is still tricky to drive and can be very unpredictable especially on corner exit and on fast turns. All the others I tried I enjoyed driving. For people who like open-wheelers and don't want to mess with mods imo AMS2 is probably the best option atm, I'm looking forward to try out the champ cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Why? The TT is worth only for the last version. All those good laps will be lost in time, like tears in rain

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Just wondering why you were expecting this? Perhaps I missed something but I don't remember the Devs saying they were targeting VR improvements for this update?

(I'm hoping it is optimised in the future as well btw!)

5. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I’ve seen laps you people wouldn’t believe.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I may have been responsible for a few of those. :whistle:

Though I'm all for the reset. No use chasing times that are no longer possible.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand people complaining about the Polo and Virtus... those are Uber cars, not racing machines, what did you guys actually expect from it?

Those are unlikely to be fun on tracks like Hockenheim or even Interlagos, but rather could work on tracks like Londrina.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm suffering a big FPS drop and stuttering during online races only, during qualy everything is ok, but when the race starts the game become impossible to play.
    It happens only in online races, offline everything stays flawless.

Anyone else with the same problem?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. vinicius alvarenga

Sorry If I am going to sound cliché, but those lap times might have sentimental value for people. It might mean that the time and effort to show in the top 10 of a given car / track combination was worth. It probably meant that the effort was totally worth for that person. Now it is going to be deleted, not even exported as a big excel file so someone can build a way to visualise what were able to achieve. From my point of view it seems harsh. The suggestion I made is to create a backup before deleting and let the community or someone (like me) that offered to do it for free, to create a simple website that renders the laptimes once stored in the DB. Then delete the leader-board.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. vinicius alvarenga

Yes, I agree, but why not making backup first?
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what problem would it have if someone would pick this backup of the time trial leader board and re-build it as a website and then have it stored so they can still show to mommy and dad how good they once were?

I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, but I don't see what is the problem in such approach. Specially if you have a vibrant community like this one and companies offering to do such for free (like me).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I'm sure Reiza have better things to do than waste time creating a database to save TT times for multiple versions of the game.

Just set the times again. If you did it before, then do it again. A spreadsheet of times from V1.2 of a video game isn't like some kind of family heirloom you're going to pass down to your children. Calm down lol.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I'd like to say the game is getting better all the time. This update is really good.

Also, most importantly to me, the number of people playing multiplayer really picked up now. Before MP was dead, now it seems there are many more people racing all the time which is great.

People are also invested in MP now with the rating system. Before this, 3/4 of the field would leave before the race completed. Now it's a lot better.

Best update yet.

• Like Like x 4
  13. vinicius alvarenga

All they would have to do is pick a backup of their DB that they already have (most likely) and share it with the community. Maybe it will take them a morning to do that. They will have to select only what matters for TT (lap time \ driver name \ track \ class) and that is it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Technically, the TT times should be null and void every time there is a revision to anything to do with the physics, or even track meshes. AMS2 might have had 30-40 revisions like this since release, and might have 10-20 more before development stops.

For that reason, I don't think there's any point in being sentimental about TT records just yet. Nor is it practical to keep records of everything, when changes are so frequent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. vinicius alvarenga

The thing is with forum is that
    I whish I could hear from someone from Reiza. This game is a business and as such they have to make things so their customers are happy. I have to say, I'm not happy with my lap times vanishing.

Am I the absolute only one that would like to have a place to see our laptimes development?
    Maybe I am the only one and there is no issue. If that is the case, fair enough.

But I doubt it, because for someone to be consistently in the top 10 in busy track / class combination you have to put a lot of hours there. A lot of hours you are not with your family, doing some exercise so on and so forth...

This will change based on the customer behaviour, if the customer cares about what he achieved, then disappearing with his results might trigger some angry management.

If the vast majority don't care if they were last or 1st and spent many hours training to be 1st, then Reiza is doing the absolute right thing.

From your comments, it seems like no one cares about Time Trial. As matter of fact, from your comments TT probably should be deleted as well, for good, isn't it? Why bother, if at the end of the day no one cares if it is there or not? If your effort was deleted or not?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. vinicius alvarenga

Sorry If I'm hijacking the conversation around a subject that, judging by the comments, only matters to me. If it is not here to bring such suggestion, where else?

• Like Like x 1
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

People here care about Time Trial. But they care more about being able to put in laps that could beat the top lap rather than reminiscing on laps that used to be there but are absolutely not representative of the current state of the cars.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I'm on TT 99% of my countless hours with Ams2.

I'm challenging myself not showing pictures to someone else.
    If the Sim variables change, the best Laptime is now somewere in the future. Move on.

• Like Like x 3