1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. sk8

sk8 Member

Congrats on fixing the physics Reiza! Bravo! Still not quite as good as AMS 1 in some places but I have faith for the future now. Most importantly AMS 2 is now driving more like a SIM and is just damn good fun! May your sales soar!

• Like Like x 4
  2. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the biggest frame drops I get are during dusk/dawn with certain tracks being much worse than others. Hockenheim is particularly bad (or at least it was the last time I tried). Once into night time proper, I don't have much of an issue, even with all the headlights, so it might be trackside light sources or reflective surfaces that cause it. Anyway, pure speculation on my part.

Overall, I'm really happy with the performance even if I do have to avoid day/night transitions on certain tracks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I could write books but I don't want to.
    I just can say:
    Once an understeering SIM, now a drfiting SIM.
    REIZA, perfect, great, super duper work!
    Keep on going, I am so excited to drive with/against Emerson, Alex, Juan-Pablo and many, many more of my heros :)

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have this fps drop (in general), Just tested.
    My fps almost stays the same, starting with daylight racing into the night.
    Perhaps you use graphic settings in combination with the lights on, that trigger this fps drop
    Can you provide, graphic settings, Track and Car, and the Race settings (date and weather) ?

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Didn't the cars of Formula Classic Gen 2/Model 3 have a button for turbo boost before the update or do I mix up something there? Haven't driven them for quite a while.

6. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a strange one sir. I don't know anybody else that experiences that. Have you looked up on Google to see what are best GeForce settings for your card for VR? The over all settings you can access from desktop, like turning v sync off etc?

7. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was it actually stated there would be a performance increase for VR users with this update? I don't recall reading anything about that, personally I've seen no change in performance.

8. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

No, there was nothing mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  9. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've also suffered from poor VR performance at night and in the rain (including Overcast conditions) for ages now, there's no difference with this update and I wasn't expecting there to be anyway. In clear skies/light clouds it's just fine but it absolutely tanks in other weather, I do expect some drop in performance (I'm not expecting miracles here!) but not as much as I've been getting since release.

Some code optimisation would go a long way, hopefully now that the main physics are improved and dealt with Renato can dig a little deeper into the codebase and figure out the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thanks very much for your reply and I am currently sourcing a G2. If you ever get the time could you put up your settings in game and in any other applications ie debug tool or nvidia control panel if you use that. I am generally happy with the setup I have but I feel there is something I am missing ( my own problem as I am not good with tech )

again thanks for your reply
    Baz

11. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Some more generic feedback for things that jumped out at me in the v1.3.0.1 release version.

FWD cars:
    Both the Copa Classic and Hot Cars Gol & Pas have quite heavy steering compared to their RWD playmates and compared to other FWD cars like the Classic Mini, I haven't tried the JCW Mini and Copa Uno yet.

Default+ FFB:
    After the hotfix the FFB spikes in certain situations have been very much reduced and it is way more enjoyable now with my settings. Everthing is still very lively and has some good weight to it, but now curbs don't try to hurt you as much.

One thing I noticed before the hotfix was that when jumping a sausage curb (eg in the chicane at Oulton) there is no reaction in the wheel when clipping the curb, only when landing back on the asphalt. This is still present, but way less pronounced.

Miscellanous:
    Copa Trucks. The trucks are getting better imo, but they still lack a sense of control to me. It's probably somewhat subjective but the following scenario, Iveco at Campo Grande. Going through turn five, the truck naturally understeers when I'm too fast into the corner. When enough speed has bled off, the fronts grip up relatively suddenly, but none of that is communicated through the wheel. I only notice that grip has returned when i suddenly veer to the inside of the corner. Grip levels seem to be correct, at least when comparing to an onboard from 2017, the corner speeds in the video are basically the same that can be achieved in game. I noticed that the in game trucks are way faster on the straights.
    Onboard: Felipe Giaffone comenta a volta da pole position - YouTube

BMW M4 GT4. This car drives weirdly. This probably isn't too helpful as feedback, but I'll try to explain. It started when the work on the current patch began and the first cars got their diffs updated. The car nor grips a lot in the front and has a nervous rear, on throttle and off, while before it was relatively stable apart from the sticky diff. This might just be the new stock setup and I'll have to play around with that.

Omega Stock Car. OMG that car is fun to drive now. No more loosing the rear through longer corners, believable grip levels and it seems to be more agile than it was. Absolutely lovely!

Classic Mini Cooper. The grainy feel in the FFB I had is gone now on Default+. Need to try the Superkarts which had it as well.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Moreover, I would argue that the point is not merely getting a good time, but also having a good time. And that's definitely possible now! :D

Thank you so much for mentioning the trucks! I totally forgot about those in my last post.

Yes, they are definitely getting there, and I have made similar observations with regards to brake-induced understeer. What's more, it seems to me that the vehicle takes far too long to regain grip after unlocking the wheels at the end of braking. Or maybe it takes too long to actually unlock them. Either way, it does seem as if the understeer persists for too long after heavy braking. I can sort of understand that such a heavy vehicle needs more time to 'settle' into a more neutral position in terms of longitudinal weight transferring to the front and back again, but it still seems more than a little strange to me. Other than that they are definitely shaping up nicely. :)

13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I spend the rest of the Sunday night after the 1.3.0.1 hotfix with my racing buddies in the Polo TSI on the Nordschleife. Everyone agreed that this is so far the best virtual represetation of such a modern road car in a game. It will be my main tool from now on to prepare myself for our annual Nordschleife trackday camp in September. Some of the quirks are well represented, like the early intervention of traction control shifting from 1st to 2nd, and the limp impression shifting from 2nd to third.
    Albeit, the general driving dynamics and internal sound in AMS2 still remind me more of the 81kw (110hp) 1.0 TSI, since the 1.4 TSI 4 cylinder (125-140hp) has a much more distinctive roar and beefier sound RL.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah and then the wannabe-aliens on his stream tell him to run the old "8-0" aero setup to go fast... and then you pass said wannabe-aliens halfway through the race as they spin out into the weeds. :whistle:

16. SnatchTractor

SnatchTractor New Member

It seems to be related to rain, I tried to race at Bathurst with Group A's, starting at noon, historic weather. The framerate seemed low at the start, with a few dropped frames, it got better as it dried, then significantly worse when It started raining early on, resulting in a fluctuating framerate and dropped frames.
    I then tried running the same race, but with dry weather configured and the framerate remained stable and high.

I'm running on a i7 3770k and a RTX2070, which hasn't had issues running in the wet before.

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I dont think that is across the board as I did a dtm race at a soaking wet Monza last night and came stone cold motherless last and it tipped down rain for the whole race

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

There are a few guys, including me, experiences this, there is even a small thread about it

Can we et an extra graphics option for car headlights | Reiza Studios Forum
    Greetings
    Martin

19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy, Timmy. You are in for a wub filled story, so sit down and listen closely :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe some dlss.....