1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Manolo

Manolo Member

Not here ... i use this file without modification, maybe in your file yes, here is perfect o_O
    I know that the discussion between you is losing meaning and only so much pride, no offense but you're looking for nit!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I give up, forget it, don't take part in it, it's no longer a pleasant discussion with a constructive purpose. :(

EDIT: I think we can also avoid continuing to tease and avoid bringing users here to cheer from the stadium ... I come here to relax and to play, not to be careful of grammar or science ... if you want I can easily do space...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Manolo

Manolo Member

You're right, sorry, this section is losing its pleasantness, if I speak I am also a cheering fan, and as I see there is no shortage of fans, I continue in private I need some advice

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just this? It ended well I thought worse ... I'll see what can be done in V2 ... thanks for trying it 20 minutes.

5. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m failing to see where there was any disrespect here between contributors. Brief forum posts are prone to warping intentions beyond what the sender had hoped to convey. As someone who has followed and benefited greatly from the info shared on this thread, I’m still quite proud of the collaborative nature that has existed on here. Anyway, thank you to everyone for keeping these files alive and constantly improving them!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

To assume i didn’t properly test both file applications is grossly incorrect.

You should test with the Formula Classic gen 2 model 3.
    this car is possibly the most dramatic.as no matter the ffb used it bottoms out and veers of the track on the second curve if the higher line is used.
    but before the dom fix it produced a extreme sharp pull on the wheel in custom file.
    with the dom fix it still veers off because that it’s the behaviour of the car, but it is less dramatic pull and extreme angle on the wheel.

unfortunately by applying the same values related to trail in the second portion of code , it returns to the dangerous pull .

It definitely seemed like a logical modification to make but it has a adverse reaction.

It is purely feedback aimed at informing and not subject to any conspiracy or sabotage lol :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  7. BD992000

BD992000 New Member

Yes, please!
    I use a G29 with a quite significant deadzone :-(. So I can use your custom files only in the version for huge deadzone.

I also like the Default profile from Reiza, but the deadzone drives me crazy. Rattling and no feeling in the middle on straights. I wish, Reiza could introduce some sort of deadzone removal or the LUT one can use with Assetto Corsa (and Acc). PC1 hat sliders for tightening (range and falloff) if I remember correctly.

8. TomP

TomP Active Member

@BD992000 You can try file from my signature. In short it's Raiza default profile with some fixes for G29 like removed deadzone (tighten), better force balance and minimum rattling/clipping.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. BD992000

BD992000 New Member

OK, that sounds great. I'll give it a try.
    Thank you!

10. TonyM

TonyM New Member

New to AMS2 (coming from ACC).....

Can someone explain to me what is?
    - Low force boost
    - FX
    - Menu spring strength

11. Kuku Maddog

Welcome

it’s relatively self explanatory if you don’t overthink it, but it’s actually more explanatory than what Acc has.

low forse boost is similar to minimum force in Ac, but can also just raise up the lower forces without tightening in the custom files.

FX is related to things like bump and scrub effects.

menu spring is just for returning wheel to centre in menu after exiting session, it has no effect on ffb.

12. TonyM

TonyM New Member

Thanks for the explanation! ;)

13. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just as an update for the 1301.1894 update, I post my basic (starting point) settings for Logitech users:
    Default - 71/14/17/3
    Default+ - 62/12/8/4
    Custom All In One NoJo - 96/11/26/10
    Each car and track will be slightly different, so just assign some keys or buttons for raising and lowering the in-game FFB levels.
    Most cars are constantly being improved, so as time goes on, they will all get better.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. dougdude

dougdude New Member

Hey all. So I haven't fired up AMS2 in months. Not because I didn't enjoy it, I just haven't had time and had other priorities. Now with the latest Reiza update, I'm curious and want to get back into it.

I know I was using Rfuktor 4.4 with great success and I liked it quite bit and performed well with it. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about it and don't even recall which file of the 4.4 I used.

Anyway, with the new Reiza update, does 4.6 still perform well? How does it compare to the new default plus? I'm on a T300 by the way. If I want to start all over, what's recommended these days with a T300?

Thanks,
    Doug

15. JRMCreative

JRMCreative New Member

Many thanks for the info. I now have a fanatec CLS DD and Porsche GT wheel :p

16. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@dougdude
    Try Default +

Game : 70 gain, 15 Low Force Boost, 30 FX and 20 Damping

Thrustmaster Panel : 100,100,100,0,0

17. Kuku Maddog

Hi All

Just a little housekeeping done to Delta-S tune. ;)

Have disabled duplicated Steering angle source signal to alleviate some binding or notch around centre.
    Now just using blended for smoother transition between left and right steering angle
    #(wanted_sa_l (* (- steering_angle_l sa_delta_l) m_l))
    #(wanted_sa_r (* (- steering_angle_r sa_delta_r) m_r))
    (wanted_sa_l (* (- steering_angle_l sa_delta_l) (blend m_l 0.5 1)))
    (wanted_sa_r (* (- steering_angle_r sa_delta_r) (blend m_r 0.5 1)))

*users may find they need a small increase in LFB if used to stronger road details around center.

Have also made it easier to set centering strength in new scale form.

(self_align_scale 0.22) # Speed and strength of self alignment - Range 0.22-0.52+

Due to a request I have made a theoretical low end wheel version for the likes of logitech .
    Completely untested and trying to guess based of following Stakanov's files., Others might be able to put there spin on it. :whistle:

I'm not sure there's any more progress to be made with tune.
    It should be easy to follow and tune to your taste and wheel base strengths and weakness.
    Happy Racing :hurrayreiza:

Edit : 30/11/21
    Noticed some left over experimental caster code not wanted in Primary scrub file .
    Have amended and also added a extra + version with stronger details .

Edit : 8/12/21

Delta Archives Zip added with all files including Dom fix

Edit 11/12/21
    Repacked Zip so all files inside ( doh :oops:) and added Alegunner belt wheel option for the Delta S.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  18. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Tips for force feedback CSL Elite last version of AMS 2?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone noticed a reduction in surface texture / scrub & tear / Micro-bumps in the current AMS2 releases? With SimuCube2 Sport, I noticed a reduction in such effects, even in custom profiles although, I've been able to increase them in one I'm editing.

Unfortunately, the game release coincided with an SC2 firmware update and I'm not sure of the cause.

20. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

there have been a lot of little updates since and including yesterday and now I'm totally confused, have no idea what they were and if they have made things feel worse. it would be so much more helpful if we could know what each update changed or added.