1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not much of a story. Just many months of frustration and hard work by many people to investigate, understand, fix and then implement a solution that not only caused a major change by itself, but also (as expected) cascaded into other aspects of the physics (drive train) modelling that also had to be massaged to come together in what we have now. ...Which is still ultimately WIP, but is so much closer to the happy place/final destination than we were a month or two ago.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Drive-train Elasticity is enabled but, not on all cars just yet. It is most evident when driving in Pit-lane with the Pit-limiter engaged, and especially if you are using a motion-system. It creates an oscillation effect (like reverb). Without motion, it can be detected in audio and visual effects although, to a much lesser extent.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Marc Collins

That's good, because it is the 3-cylinder car (despite what the UI says).

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Take the GT Classics Corvette C3-R, put it into 1st gear and start driving and stomp the throttle a bit, watch the RPM gauge, should answer this question better, than we all could here. :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Marc Collins

No net code or connection issues?

6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

That's an interesting find; however, I don't have that window showing up on my screen. For me, below "Exclusive Mode", there's just blank space.

I do have, however, a special section called "Enhancements", where I've got the option to "disable all enhancements", which I've done now; maybe it helps.

7. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Congrats to the recent update Reiza!

I feel that now many parameters of the driving Sim are unlocked, the cars feel better and worse at the same time imo at the moment. I think it has to to with dialing the things now in the next time and even new aspects in physics will flow in (new features, tire modell progress, etc.). So i think it´s 80% a thing of balancing things out, getting more used to the madness engine and costumer feedback. Why iam not 100% satisfied is that the cars are nervous now in a strange way especially in braking zones. FFB is better now slightly but i has rel. bad lateral forces feedback in some cars/situations . And yeah, the baseline setups (default) will hopefully get a little more love cause for example 8 clutches on the DTM cars are too much on the diff imo 4-6 is enough for the most tracks.

But as mentioned before, they created "only" the base for real huge improvements. I know if they do it right they will be industry leading by far. Thank you for unlocking the Boss-Level Reiza!
    Andy

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I have a question for all of you, but especially those who have tried the latest update with headphones:

When I drove the Formula Vintage G2 cars yesterday, I noticed that the sound of the engine would suddenly and noticeably jump from one side of the headphones to the other when I was slightly looking to the left and right (using TrackIR). It's hard to describe, but I had the impression that as I was turning my head to one side, the engine sound would disappear from all directions but the one I was turning my head in; sort of as if I was suddenly deaf on the other ear. Tried a lot of different cars yesterday and only noticed this with the Formula Vintage G2 class (all of them from what I remember, but definitely the generic models).

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dicra

It helped a little, but the 24 people lobby at Monza just now lead to performance stutters once again, costing me about a second on the straights.

10. Uani

Uani Member AMS2 Club Member

This should be offered by the ui when launching in front of the DLC ad ... :+1 :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vtr

vtr New Member AMS2 Club Member

@ XTRMNTR2K
    in my case I solved it like this: while driving, when you get to the point that the sound is incorrect, stop there and move the camera fov slightly forward or backward, until the sound stabilizes

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dicra

So now I tried everything. My game, which before ran somewhat reliably on medium settings, is down to looking like ... well, not good. I tried this audio thing. VSync is off.

Still not working with 13 people on GT3 in Monza. Please fix this, or V1.3 has permanently banned me from online racing. So insanely frustrating to randomly lose 2-5 tenths on some straights (even to my own time, because in some laps, it works).

13. CrimsonEminence

Mate, like mentioned, it's not ignored!

I'm also one of the affected users btw. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

after the update, everytime i exit ams2 i find it as "downloaded" on steam..0kb
    anybody else?

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Same with me, workshop stuff, similar to what PCars2 does when I quit the game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dicra

I know ... but it's an annoying issue, gotta moan about it somewhere. :D

I just wanted to confirm that it's not something I can influence by changing some settings.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, believe me when i tell you, i can understand the annoyance.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yep, happens with Beta and Main versions for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep. I've seen the same happen in other games as well. It must be a Steam thing.

20. CrimsonEminence

It's for the rating system (shown as workshop content, when hovering over the (i) symbol next to the update).
    It's providing, your rating stats are transferred and saved properly.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2