1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@TKracer nope this is not a thing at the moment. You'd have to create the same list as described in the first post of this thread for each class.

@gian should custom grids be working at the moment or did they not make it in yet?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to do it per car class. Each AI is tied to a specific vehicle when you customize them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you ever wanted to make your own AI file but you're not sure about the XML markup which put you off from doing it completely? I've put together an Excel spreadsheet where you just enter the values and copy the XML code to blank file. Simples!

upload_2021-11-29_17-58-29.png

upload_2021-11-29_17-58-59.png

AMS2 AI XML generator.xlsx

For obvious reasons you can't just edit in browser so go there, download the file as XLSX (or copy to your own GDrive) and edit your local copy. Enjoy the creativity!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TKracer

TKracer Member

Is there plans on integrate this ingame?

Otherwise I might just throw up a site where you could pick and select livery, get some sliders for the skills and just create a custom list that you can easily generate and download.

Would be a lot faster and easier with livery picking

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there an easy way to generate a list with liveryname’s that are in my install ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom grid bugs fixed for v1.3.0.2 and above

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was gonna dig around to see if I could do this. Hopefully someone has a quick-n-easy way!

edit: I've got nothing : (

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Nothing in the short term they have announced.
    That would be awesome, if someone with the know-how created a wizard as you've described. :)

As a numpty, I'd just do a DIR listing from command line and copy that.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  9. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've attached attached a CustomAIDrivers file with the real driver-names (no stats) for the 2021 Brazilian Porsche Cup-skins made by Henrique Freitas. Save as Carrera Cup.xml in your Automobilista 2 (Beta) install in \UserData\CustomAIDrivers

Brazilian Porsche Cup 2021

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know how to edit the xml files but what you did is much clearer and you don’t lose sight. Thanks for that!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. benvelor

benvelor Member

Any chance to have different car power? Like in old geoff crammond's grand prix, not only drivers skills, but also power and failure rate (i.e.) for any cars, including player's one, so it will be different drive a ferrari in 1989 respect a brabham....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would love to have that!

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I have set the values for the fastest AI to Max. (1.0) and of the slowest to Min. (0.0) within a livery mod. But on many tracks, the fast one just does not dare to overtake. Just hangs in the back of slow one for ages in training/qualifying and does some fake manoeuvres, in the end always stepping back instead of overtaking.
    Obviously, we can not do much about that by editing the AI file. Must have something to do with the logic of AI driving and driving lines of the game itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. benvelor

benvelor Member

maybe increasing aggression rate?

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I was hoping that. But no. As I said before, I increased the values (including aggression) for fastest car to 1.0. That is the maximum the game can handle.
    Slowest car has 0.0 (including defending skills).
    Fast car has troubles with overtaking on the straights of Interlagos and absolutely no chance on tracks like Imola 2001.
    They leave the slipstream quite early, go to the inside line and then, before the corner, they step back and move back to the racing line.
    Would be better, if they came out of the stream later and then absolve their manoeuvre on the inside consequently. But somehow, they are afraid of doing so.

Edit: I drove V_10 Gen1 and Formula V_12 with edited AI files. Same result. A track where they are able to force their way through is Spielberg GP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I was trying to make them overtake by lowering everyones defending as well, didn't work either. I then lowered consistency for everybody so they make a bit more mistakes to encourage overtaking. Also no success, they just catch up on the straights in slipstream and instead of pulling out and just passing they start braking and weaving and then pull out after they lost their excess speed. Very frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. YZAKY

YZAKY New Member

Totally agree.
    I have the same problem, I tried to change the aggression and defending, but in qualifying, if a fast car is behind a slow one, it's over ...

I think Reiza should review the qualifying session with a maximum of 4 cars at the same time on the circuit, or more simply, that the car stops after 3 or 4 laps maximum to give more chance to a fast car of be able to have a good lap time.
    But it would become complicated for those who want a short qualification of 5 min ...

I think that in order to be able to take full advantage of the edition of the strength of the ia, it would be necessary to review the cession of qualification differently from that of training.

To promote overtaking, increasing aggression is a solution, but, as much for the gt or the other categories, the contacts are rather nice and fun, as much for the formula 1, it is not realistic and with the activated damage. ... the races turn into a disaster ...

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, in training and qualifying, all the AI come out of the pits at once. If a slow car leaves pits first, there is a Trulli-Train quite soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. YZAKY

YZAKY New Member

In the race, it's easy for us to be wise before the turn to take advantage of the next straight line and the drs to overtake.
    for the faster ai, she brakes later and tries to pass on the turn and gives up, losing all her chances of making a good exit and passing in the straight line.

i did a lot of lines ai in assetto corsa with "ai line helper" to force all the ia to fall back before the turn on a single line ... it works very well, the fast ia overtake the slow ones in the straight line. ..
    But the races are so boring and the player has all the room possible to succeed in the dive bombs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Aaron Purnell

Aaron Purnell New Member

Hey guys 2 quick questions.. First of all LOVE the update. Now is there any way to manually select how many of each class you would like to race against in multiclass ai races? For example I have a field of 25 and i would like to do 8 DPI's, 5 GTE's & 12 GT3's. is that possible instead of just the random selection.

Also I noticed the vibration in my V3 fanatec pedals do not really work, is there a setting for this ???

Anyway awesome update regardless, this is by far the best VR experience to date !!!! love this Sim !!!