1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Build: V1.3.0.1
    Track & Layout Used
    : Virginia Grand (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: BMW M6 Gt3
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championchip Multiclass, Real Weather (DPI, GT3, GT4)
    Report: Livery on car during races (quali and practice as well) different than the chosen one. The chosen livery (Falken) is shown correctly in time tables and championchip status though.
    Steps to reproduce: Create a custom championchip, chose the BMW M6 Gt3 with Falken livery and proceed to first 3d rendering of the car (practice of first race).

2. strokemesilly

strokemesilly New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings: Clear
    Report:
    === HEADLIGHT "BUG" CRIPPLES FRAMERATE ===
    Ive noticed that as soon as it hits 1840hrs during a race and the headlights turn on, effective framerates are literally crippled by about 40-60%, ONLY if one has cars following behind in a pack of several.
    This makes it impossible for us who are already pushing our pc's to the limit to stay above a useable framerate. Due to this behaviour day/night cycle races are not possible which is a true shame as we all know how good they are.

To illustrate clearer,

- The last car in the group is completely unaffected by the headlights as there are no shadows cast from behind.

- The race leader is the most affected due to all shadows being cast ahead from behind, the closer that the trailing cars behind are, the more affected the car in front is.

This is DEFINITELY not a graphical setting that can be changed in game. Ive tested this extensively for many hours in fact and know for certain that regardless of the in game settings, the impact of the headlights is EXACTLY the same.

Steps to reproduce: Start race on Kansai/Kyalami/Bathurst at 1800hrs. Set time progression to 20x. Spectate/Monitor AI for 2mins until the general time reaches 1840hrs and notice the massive drop in FPS when the headlights turn on.
    Notice the difference in framerate between race leader and last position.

Is there a way these shadows can be disabled in a file edit?
    This could greatly improve the user experience for many.

Cheers ;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Since release of the track, AI who drive to pits in Imola 88 or 2001, ram cars off track which are braking for last chicane, huge carnage. Same in Montreal. Will this ever be fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raffael

Raffael New Member

AMS2 refuses to accept mouse or keyboard inputs after an online multiplayer race after I got thrown back to the lobby screen. The program is not frozen e.g. I could still see people chatting in the chat box, but couldn't reply/scroll/quit the lobby, nothing worked. The only thing I could do is kill the process in the task manager and start up the game again. Happened to me twice so far after the 1.3.0.1 release....

Not sure how to reproduce. It was a big fixed setup online lobby with 30 players at Imola with Ultima GTR.

5. audio.pizarro

audio.pizarro New Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington GP, but I guess it doesn't depend on the track.
    Car Used: McLaren 570s GT4
    Applicable Settings: Cockpit Cam or Helmet Cam, Helmet off; Field of View 70 or 75; Head Movement 25; G-Force Effect 20
    Report: You can see a part of the helmet or head and neck support coming into the view at the bottom, looks really buggy. I had this in other cars too if I move the seat position back too far, but I had it on zero, and -0.01 on the Y-axis in this case.
    Steps to Reproduce: N/A

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Build: 1.3.0.1
    Can’t change driver profile details. Cannot edit name, country or press ‘Continue’

7. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Track & Layout Used:
    Kyalami modern GP
    Car Used: Dalara F3
    Applicable Settings:
    Single race, with practise and qualifying. Full AI grid @ 100%
    Report: Several AI cars on the practise session outlap went wide on the first corner and failed to return to the track but crashed into the barrier further down on the turn 2 kink. Wheels and other debris remained on the track for the rest of the session. Other cars then proceeded to crash into the debris. Some debris remained suspended in mid air.
    The following qualifying session some debris remained on track. Cars that had crashed and lost wheels in the first session began the qualifying session without those same wheels but drove around as if they had no damage.
    Comment: Definately a hangover from PC2 and the Madness engine. Is this unfixable because how long has it been hanging around now for?

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: V_10 Gen 1 and 2, F_V12
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Autoclutch does not work when shifting to Neutral, engine stalls. So when having a pit stop, you gotta restart engine before rejoining.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Bathurst
    Applicable Settings: Night condition (spectator cameras and cockpit view)
    Report: Weird shadows being cast from invisible objects on the track when cars pass by. Captura de tela 2021-12-01 010208_LI.jpg Captura de tela 2021-12-01 010322.jpg Captura de tela 2021-12-01 010438.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kizza42

kizza42 New Member

Experiencing similar issue. I can map Sequential shifter buttons in game with my DD1 (Button 4/5) but the game will not use them even, in cars with Sequential gearboxes.

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The issue with double liveries still is in game!:(

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Still getting duplicate Liveries in custom championship mode for version 1.3

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is an old issue inherited from PC2. Hopefully one that can be fixed.

15. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

Track VIR, caterhm super light. Car doesn't drive, turning wheels doesn't do Anything. Stuck in pit lane

16. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hello everyone, the new volkswagen cars, have problems with oil - water temperature engine, they have too low temperatures of 20 °C during the session, this is not possible in reality. Thanks

17. Rick Gough

Rick Gough New Member

Track & Layout Used: SPA GP
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate
    Applicable Settings: Any I think
    Report: Most of the AI in Formula Ultimate exit the pits, go around La Source, then turn right, into the pit wall, follow the wall down the hill into the old/endurance pit lane where they create a pile up.
    Steps to reproduce Start any session where you begin in the pit lane.

Hi,
    I couldn't see this has been reported before.

Other cars that I've tried seem fine, I haven't found any others that do it.
    The FU cars work okay on the classic track version.

18. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: all
    Applicable Settings: ranked public lobby online race
    Report: Disconnection of all drivers after 1 or 2 laps. Rating hit (downgrade for all drivers, even for the leader+pole)
    Happened in 2 of 5 races yesterday and in 1 of 2 today. Got the disconnection reports also from other drivers. Yesterday steam switched offline at the same time (steam issue?) Today steam remained online during race disconnection. Rejoining multiplayer lobby, all were gone. Critical issue for all of us.
    ams2_1.3_disconnection.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

Car Used: Formula trainer advanced
    Report: the speedometer is too much zoomed in resulting low res and with some of the information almost out of it (i have ultra setting in car detail)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, the thing yesterday would have been steam regular tuesday maintenance, at midnight CET, i experienced the same a couple times, everything goes offline.

• Agree Agree x 1