any OSw user? with settings and help?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by rocafella1978, Oct 20, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

hi all, changed to OSw and finally installed. would love to have it work nicely with AMS, any fellow sim racers who race with OSw setup on AMS?
    thank you all and much appreciate the help!

2. rocafella1978

any OSw users at all?

3. RowanH

RowanH SteelyEyedMM AMS2 Club Member

Bump- I'm particularly interested also. I've seen a number of videos online so interested what people are running before I take the plunge :)

4. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use a Bodnar DD Wheel. What is it you need to set? Should work fine with a little damping. Most important thing is to use the default AMS realfeel strength settings and reduce by %30 for DD wheels so that MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-6000.000000 would be about MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-8000.000000. Bigger number is weaker FFB. Then adjust strength in wheel software or ingame and you should be good to go. I'm running about %60-%70 strength for most cars.

5. rocafella1978

@Supa, thanks for your help and input, which LB system did you have and which servo?
    (my OSw is an Argon+Lenze MCS12 29Nm)

6. Supa

Man you've got some power there! From what I have read about OSW your kit is right up there!

I have the Simsteering2 AKM54 which is 26nm. I used to have a G27 which was a fine wheel itself but our Wheels are another 5 levels up eh! I dont use gloves and my right hand has calluses haha...I shift with my left hand obviously!!
    I also have the Heusinkveld Engineering Pro pedals and their sequential shifter. Just waiting for their H pattern shifter.
    Have you got your wheel working ok now and if not what is the problem?

7. rocafella1978

so after many many many threads, forum posts and messages, help from the community...conclusion is: Argon Drive damaged/ faulty, needs to be repaired/ replaced...GD RMA. will see what happens when i get the new/ repaired Argon Drive back from GD. updates to follow...

8. rocafella1978

9. rocafella1978

10. rocafella1978

quick update, had enough of OSw (so much headache, cost me so much time and money...), unfortunately not very "beginner" friendly and without support and warranty from individuals who sell this to us newcomers...OSw is history for me, but I do hope that future brings new great things with "SimuCUBE".
    ...looking forward to ordering my new Leo Bodnar SimSteering System!!!

11. Supa

You having that much trouble with the OSW? Hopefully you like the Bodnar V2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rocafella1978

@Supa , unfortunately yes, the guy (Reimer Motorsports) I purchased it from basically sold me a kit knowing he was closing his business and zippo support after that, so have had a system not working since day 1...with so many problems and RMA going on, all organized myself and understand what is what in that box...opened it up and so ok, decided too much $$$ time and money into it, not worth it. time to sell, cut losses and get a proper system, with a professional company supporting their product (LeoBodnar), with regards to hardware and software.

13. Supa

That's a bummer for sure. What Bodnar are you getting? Hoipefully I can help with some setup tips if you need but It really is plug and play though.

Good luck.

14. Supa

Oh actually there is one important bit to remember with the Bodnar.....the Software or Simsteering confirguration where you set steering degree etc. Once you have everything setup then remember to close it. It causes FPS issues in AMS as in reduced frame rates if left open.....by as much as half and causes really bad stuttering.

15. rocafella1978

hi @Supa, thank you for letting me know on both your last posts, much appreciate the info and heads up. will absolutely ask for help, to learn and understand all the functions and how it all relates to the games (in software settings/ sliders). I most likely will be getting the "53" motor (LB SS2).really looking forward to it, after spending EURO 2500+ on a non functioning OSw, now almost 3months down...to get a properly working system.

16. RowanH

RowanH SteelyEyedMM AMS2 Club Member

So I made the plunge and got the "Tomo" Simucube + Small mige combo (SimuCUBE based OSW kit with CM110 case | SimRacingBay). Amazing stuff. Worked pretty much out of the box with some MMOS settings as supplied by Tomo, and changing the FFB to a + %age in-game. Been building a rig to house it all in, just clamped to the desk I didn't want to go beyond 60% otherwise carnage was ensuing on things on the desk !

• Like Like x 2
  17. rocafella1978

very nice and good to read about Tomo's kit working so nicely! consider yourself one of the lucky ones, since he stopped taking orders due to being so overbooked/ overwhelmed with orders. But i have also only heard very positive things about him.
    enjoy your kit and post settings if you can along with MMos + Granity if you can and maybe even other sims.

18. Spin

Spin Active Member

I got an OSW, I'm not sure if this thread is still active. What would you like to know?

19. rocafella1978

generally speaking, what are the settings, tweaks and tunes for MMos, Granity and in AMS (ini files? in game sliders?) to make it work in AMS? or what are the values/ important factors/ settings to change and test with, which have impact on OSw systems?

20. Spin

Spin Active Member

I have a Large Mige, 5000 PPR encoder, IONI Pro HC, and 600w 48v PSU...

I'm experiencing some bad FFB behavior in multiple games, behavior which I find is a huge problem for all DD wheels but I guess I'm too analytical or observant since it seems most people don't notice, or just don't care, about the DD issues I reported so I'm just warning you my settings are far from perfect but they are popular settings many people use in the official OSW thread in the iRacing forums.

Granity
    Goals

CEI: Simucube - I am running in Simucube mode which is apparently better. But you need to do a few things before with wiring/cables and settings so don't switch to Simucube mode unless you've done all the preparations first.
    MUL: 50
    DIV: 50

Machine
    - MCC: 15.565 (5% less than MMC)
    - MMC: 16.383
    - MR: click the "Measure resistance & inductance" button below to automatically fill this setting
    - ML: click the "Measure resistance & inductance" button below to automatically fill this setting
    - FBR: 5000 (because I have a 5000 PPR encoder)

Tuning
    - TBW: 1000 - 3300 Hz - I keep experimenting. Maybe use 1500 Hz as your default
    - NFF: 7.0 Hz - this number is specific for Large Mige motors, not the Small
    - NFA: -3.3 dB - this number is specific for Large Mige motors, not the Small
    - NFQ: 1.0

- TED (Damping): 1.75%
    - TEF (Friction): 0.75%
    - TEI (Inertia): 0.75%

or try

- TED (Damping): 1.00%
    - TEF (Friction): 8.00%
    - TEI (Inertia): 4.00%

MMos

- Overall Filter: 5 - 10 - I keep experimenting. Maybe use 7 or 8 as your default. Sometimes, I raise this as I raise TBW (eg. TBW: 3300 Hz & Overall filter: 10, or, TBW: 1000 Hz & overall filter: 5)
    - Min Force: 0.00%
    - Max Force: Currently somewhere between 50 and 75 %
    - All other effects/filters: off

RealFeel.INI file
    Increase the "MaxForceAtSteeringRack" value of the car you're driving. Eg. I currently have both F3 cars' "MaxForceAtSteeringRack" set to 6000 instead of 3000. This is supposed to give more range to the FFB - sort of, but not exactly, like the Nm torque slider/setting in iRacing and RF2. If the number is a negative then make sure to keep it negative; keep it positive if it's positive.