1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Aaron Purnell

Aaron Purnell New Member

Hey guys 2 quick questions.. First of all LOVE the update. Now is there any way to manually select how many of each class you would like to race against in multiclass ai races? For example I have a field of 25 and i would like to do 8 DPI's, 5 GTE's & 12 GT3's. is that possible instead of just the random selection.

Also I noticed the vibration in my V3 fanatec pedals do not really work, is there a setting for this ???

Anyway awesome update regardless, this is by far the best VR experience to date !!!! love this Sim !!! And i didnt read everything above guys so sorry if this question was previously answered.

• Like Like x 1
  2. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

not yet, but it's coming, should be in the next update. It's mentioned briefly in the 1st post of this thread.

"Now, to race with a custom grid with only the drivers that you have overriden, you simply start a event in AMS2 with the desired opponent classes and select a number of AI opponents less or equal to the number of AI drivers that you had overriden for those classes."

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

There's a thread here about getting the V3 rumble feature working in AMS2. You might get some help there if you ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aaron Purnell

Aaron Purnell New Member

Thank you my friend this did help buddy. really appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aaron Purnell

Aaron Purnell New Member

Ahhh ok awesome man thank you so much brother really appreciate it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

DIR listing of what folder? I can't find any files that have the names of the car liveries. Any additional detail would help.

7. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI behaviour towards player is still rude even with edited performance. Starting mid pack or at the end of the field in an open wheeler is a strange experience. Guys in front braketest player in T1 while the drivers from behind attack like madmen, blind for the situation in front. When being overtaken before tight curves or chicanes, they still try to force their way through by cutting corner, going over the grass for contact, with absolutely no eye for the player.
    On tracks like Hockenheim 88 with barriers in chicanes, they rather crash into the tyre wall full blast like being part of a suicide squad than let player go.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You still can not exclude that an AI has same livery as player.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. YZAKY

YZAKY New Member

it seems to work in single race but not in championship ...

But I found a way around the problem, it's not ideal but it works for me.

If you want to be Hamilton's teammate, for example, you remove the bottas livery from the xlm file and choose Hamilton's livery in the game.

The original livery that remains will not be selected and you will have hamilton as a teammate, but you will also have his livery ...

But at least never 3 mercedes in all the tests I have done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Guess I found something: I have a livery/AI mod installed for Formula V10_Gen1, with the liveries of F1 1997. The Jordans there are called "B&H Total Jordan Peugeot #11" and #12". Every time I drove one of these during race weekends, I had double liveries. Only occured with the Jordans. After a while, I was thinking that maybe the game has problems with certain characters like "&", although it shows the name of the Team properly in the UI.
    So, I changed the name to "BH Total Jordan Peugeot #11" within the xml-files and that did the trick. No more double liveries (in races, unfortunately they are still there in championship mode as you have stated).
    Would be nice, if there was a list of characters we should not use when editing files.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the case of "&" it could be so simple as to make the character valid XML, such as by replacing it with its entity "&" – although I haven't tried this myself.

13. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

I haven't had a chance to fire up the sim and test this - but I am curious to work this through in my mind, share here and see if anyone can confirm whether the following would work.

Me and a friend want to set up a self-managed championship. Our intention is to run this via a series of Multiplayer sessions. In order to get some continuity, we're really keen to assign drivers to liveries. Of course, the custom AI files allow me to do this...but I understand that these files are ignored in Multiplayer game-modes? Or is it only the attribute-amendments that are ignored?

We would be happy to race with the default AI drivers' attributes, as long as there was a way to have the same driver consistently have the same livery. I suspect the host brings the AI with them, so as long as we both had the custom liveries assigned to the same slots, I would hope this would result in us both seeing the same liveries as each other for the same cars. The challenge, though, is how to ensure that the car in question uses the right livery.

Having typed this, I presume the answer - at present - is that it is not possible, but would be great to have a confirmation (I will test as soon as I get a chance).

Edit: I have also just had a chance to quickly test and I now realise you cannot assign the same livery to more than one driver. So fundamentally, the limit for immersion here is to use grid-sizes up to the maximum number of liveries available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Ok guys, here is my custom AI for GT1.
    Was really difficult as I kinda had to BoP the whole class with the skill values, since the Porsches are so much slower on every track, so this probably doesn't work if you only apply it to one car.
    It works with @Chrisi74 skins for the Porsche and the McLaren skins on RaceDepartment, however I organized the Mercedes skins myself, so 2 of them don't work with the skins on RaceDepartment.
    But it works with all default skins, so please remove your Mercedes skins for testing or accept that there are 2 random drivers in there.

There are going to be tracks where a car is very dominant and overtaking in general is very limited, but that is very hard to fix with custom AI as it is right now. Would love to hear feedback to improve this further, please give it a go.

Attached Files:

• GT1.xml
      File size:
      22.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the country of the driver you must use 3 letters. (Alpha-3 code HERE)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Oh, was that changed from the Beta? I think I got it from someones Google Spreadsheet, updated it.
    Where are the flags even shown in-game? Couldn't see them anywhere after I updated.

Attached Files:

• GT1.xml
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Flags are displayed on the monitor in pits ?

18. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I don't see any on the monitor in the pits. Just reverted to the default drivers and don't see them anywhere either.

19. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, i just participated in the online betatest. We had flags behind our names on the monitor and i assumed it would be the same for the AI in an offline race. Havent tried offline race with custom ai yet in the latest build.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. YZAKY

YZAKY New Member

I decided to stop the formula 1 a bit to have a little fun with a carrera cup championship.
    What fun indeed!
    with the update it is a real pleasure to be able to feel the car and to finally be able to recover it.

But what a disappointment in the race ...

ai 100, aggression 50.
    Brands hatch position 4 on the grid.
    At the end of 1 lap, the ai behind me has already 2 seconds behind me and the ai in front have such an insane exit that it is impossible to attempt to overtake.
    20 minutes of racing, I finished in 4th place, without ever having been attacked and without being able to really attack ...
    the 5th behind me finished 13 seconds behind the leader ...

2nd race oulton park (incredible combo in carrera, nothing but happiness)
    But identical race, without interest after the 1st lap ...

It is as if the ai in front is automatically coded to 110 and the one behind the player to 90 ...

I will try again by customizing the ai, around 0.5 in skill to be able to enjoy close racing ...

It seemed to me however that it was a problem which had been corrected during the updates ...?

• Informative Informative x 1