1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splitRace - Daily Ranked Races for AMS2

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by EagleJr06, Sep 6, 2021.

1. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

Hello,

races are daily. On weekends it starts at 14:00 -3:00 GMT and on weekdays from 18:00 -3:00 GMT.

This week we are also releasing a new area on the website, which are special events. We already have one prepared for the AMS2, which will be with the new cars of the Volkswange TSI Cup.

I recommend following us on discord > Join the splitRace Discord Server!
    on instagram > Login • Instagram
    or on facebook > Log into Facebook

We will use email for more important information only.
    AMS2 Home Page
    upload_2021-11-21_21-32-12.png

Event starting now
    upload_2021-11-21_21-36-21.png

2. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OK, but where can we find the information about the races? From the home page (splitRace Home) I see no link. Also in the discord server, I could not spot a calendar with list of races/events etc

3. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

I've registered. For what it's worth, I think this kind of service is exactly what non-iRacing sims need to try and become the one-stop-shop for those looking for regular, competitive driving with humans. I applaud your ambition.

I also think there is nothing wrong with the fact that the principles are modelled on iRacing's offering. It works for them, it's a good format - though supporting your growing community to try and ensure the racing is worthwhile is likely to be the next challenge. Have you considered reducing the frequency/volume of events to try and compress your active drivers into the same races?

Actually, on that note, are you able to share anything about the volume of AMS2 drivers you have signed up?

Good luck with this endeavour - now I am registered on the site, I will keep an eye and try and actively participate.

4. EmanueleMarra

EmanueleMarra Member AMS2 Club Member

the idea is really good. shame about the times, we Europeans generally run from 20 to 23, can you do something about it?

5. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but they are in a frenetic pace of things being worked on.
    After registering, you have the calendar on the top menu. You can access it directly here > https://splitrace.com/Calendar

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

The system is based but not identical. We've made changes that we think are better, especially in the licensing system.

We did a little publicity for the system. We are waiting for the system to be compatible with mobile. Almost 100% of initial access comes from social networks, facebook and instagram. The mobile user clicks and sees a message that cannot be accessed by mobile phone. 99% never come back.

We believe that by the end of January the mobile version will be finished.

About users, it's a multi-sim system, so besides AMS2 it supports ACC and in the future AC1.

Today with this basic disclosure we have an average of 100 new users every 25 days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

It is planned to have servers in Europe very soon and with compatible schedules.

8. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

What do you think about creating a career mode for splitRace?

Just an example to demonstrate the idea:

- Rookie license > Sprint Race only
    - Beginner license > Sprint Race and GT4
    - Intermediate license > Sprint Race, GT4, Stock Car
    - Advanced license > Sprint Race, GT4, Stock Car, GT3
    - PRO license > Sprint Race, GT4, Stock Car, GT3, Prototypes

9. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

Totally agree. Wasn't suggesting it was identical - and definitely nothing wrong with basing it on similar principles. As I say, it works well over there - it can work well over here!

Good to hear! Hopefully you continue to get increased participation which will help you realise the 'continuous schedule' of races. I'm certainly going to be looking in the coming evenings to see if I can find a populated race to take part in.

I like the idea. The concept of 'licenses unlocking cars' is a solid one. However, as you grow - you may want to consider leveraging the wide variety of content Automobilista 2 ships with to give Rookies greater variety. Of course, right now, one car class is fine - but to draw in the crowds, you want to make sure you give people a few paths to race on. As a minimum, I'd suggest you want to create parallel license progression streams for open-wheel cars and closed-wheel cars. You'll also want to make sure you do not make DLC a 'requirement' for progression - in my opinion, DLC content should provide variety in each class, but not be required to own to be able to participate in the racing schedules you are devising. At least initially - I am thinking from the perspective of encouraging new participants.

10. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

For sure. Everything will logically depend on the flow of new drivers. The AMS2 options are many, which even gets in the way a little, as it spreads in several small niches and makes the formation of grids difficult.

I believe the volume of AMS2 users worldwide (according to data from SteamDB) would not support having a large amount of AMS2 content available in career mode at this time.

But certainly DLC will not be a limitation on progression. And the number of categories will depend on the amount of people playing. The more drivers, the more you can do.

11. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member

Hi @everyone, we have come to announce a small change in the daily race schedule:

- ACC > exclusion of 18:00 and 23:00 events;
    - ACC > change the booking time to always start on the 30th of every hour, with the server opening at full hour (7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm).
    - AMS2 > exclusion of 18:00 and 23:00 events;
    - AMS2 > change the booking time to always start at the 15th minute of each hour, with the server opening at the 45th minute of each hour (19:45, 20:45, 21:45 and 22:45).

Important: remember that our events are in the -3h GMT time zone. The website will always show the race time based on your operating system time.

12. EagleJr06

EagleJr06 New Member