1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine looks crisp/sharp, I've attached a screenshot below.

I'm not sure if it this helps or is even related but I had similar issues with a completely separate game so have a check of:
    Steam -> Right click AMS2 -> Manage -> Browse local files -> Right click .exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change High DPI Settings -> Uncheck options

Attached Files:

2. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Thanks so much REIZA !!!
    This is unbelieveable !!!
    Best open wheel car ever released !

Usually I do not post any videos in the forum here, but today I am doing an exception, hope
    you will forgive me ;-)

More Videos will be posted to the "Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!" forum.

First look at "The Glen"

• Like Like x 3
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please increase your texture resolution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks so much for the advice @Viking_Magnus , much appreciated. So the DPI setting (Windows 7 equivalent) did nothing. Turns out Options --> Performance --> Texture settings is the culprit. Setting it to High gives me sharp UI elements as per your attachment. Setting to to Medium gives me the blurry mess as described. This has to be a bug, the lower res scaled textures surely are only meant to apply to in game textures, not the UI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No it's not a bug.

UI widgets are using textures. Reducing texture settings is releasing free VRAM at a cost of the blurry look. The decision was made to leave it attached to the HUD widgets to make room for a small percentage more VRAM, when lowering it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because of big success and high demand its probably sold out.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

For me, this does not work. All drivers have same flag (red cross on white ground). Tried both systems, Alpha 3 and IOC within my custom AI file, none of them work.

Or is this just for human players in MP and not for AI in single races?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

No Daytona Oval?

9. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

It is free to play for AMS2 owners over the weekend then for sale from Monday.

10. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

These last two updates have been amazing!
    The part I love the most, is going on you tube after each update and seeing all the glowing reports and all the recommendations to buy it! It’s the same on discords, some have now finally added channels in the discord specifically for AMS2!
    AMS2 is definitely now getting the recognition it deserves and I’m so excited for 2022!
    If they nail oval races, I think we will see a bunch of die hard iracers flirt with it too!
    You got this Reiza!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Best pack of DLC so far! and knowing that there are still cars and tracks coming :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Balrog

Balrog Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And I'm just sitting here, waiting for my replacement mounting screws for my base.:(

13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very likely in Racin' USA pt. 3
    I speculate that Reiza is waiting with the release of Daytona Oval until they have made AI optimizations for oval racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Wow that Reynard might be my new favorite open wheeler in any sim right now.
    Good job Reiza...

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

The car seems nice to drive. I just noticed it still has the bouncy behaviour at low speeds, it's noticeable when you drive through the pit lane and I still feel the cars in general have too much "front grip"

16. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Yea well... these might be my new favs - the FFB is seriously next level with Karsten's 4.6 bug fix custom ffb file on my DD1 - I cant think of a single car track combo where I have been as impressed in any game (iracing/rf2/pcars2/ac/acc/rr/ams2 etc..) by the feel coming through my wheel.

Was not excited by Cleveland at all.... but then I drove it and its won me over - big time....

Hoping for a bit more life around Watkins Glen for immersion but short of that I cant remember being as blown away by a sim like this....

Just wow....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Hey Developers, can you guys add more shortcuts in the edit assignment screens so we can use Voice Attack to bring up a certain menu? For example, if I want to change tire in raining...i can't do it while driving 200mph lol, I am going to crash. But if you implement a shortcut button to get the tire to change, I can use Voice Attack and I only have to say "change to wet tire."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Gotta say ... when looking at that CART in a replay, this is perfection. Never seen a car in a sim move as naturally as this.

19. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm curious about something, why do some cars that I wouldn't expect it to be the case with have comparatively light feeling FFB? For example the FFB of the C9 is incredibly light now even though it's quite a high downforce, with a good amount of mechanical grip, where as something like the JCW with the same gain setting feels like driving through cement.

Another example is the DPi which I realise has power steering, not sure how this is implemented in game, but again a very high downforce car but feels quite similar to the C9 in that there is hardly any weight to the wheel. The reason this one is particularly odd to me is that the ffb signal being sent in medium to high speed turns appears to be just as full as with any other car however the wheel remains very light. But then you have something like the Roco 001 or even the Formula Trainer which has weightier feeling the steering and load up in the corners.

I do think that both the C9 and DPi used to load up much more prior to 1.3 Anyway, just wondering if one of you can shed some light on whether there is a mechanical reason for this or if some cars still need tweaking in terms of the new ffb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure about all of them, but the JCW is front wheel drive with loads of power, that probably makes it relatively heavy. My wife has a cooper s and the steering is quite weighty

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1